Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oprah Kriste Ally

I chose my Sleevina and I love her.. she helped ME save my life!!!!

I hope Sleevina is feeling better this afternoon! LOL!

They have lost weight before in a very public way, and then gained it back to loads of rotten 'I Told You Sos' and covers of before and after fat photos on the tabloids.. My guess is they haven't done it because they are afraid. When they are more afraid of dying early and loaded with diseases from obesity... they WILL get it done.

I've heard NO WAY 85% of my stomach is too crazy, or I will ask God to help me take it off the RIGHT way, etc. etc. etc. So to each his own I guess...All I can say is I THANK GOD for my sleevie :)

This made me laugh, because it reminded me of this: http://epistle.us/inspiration/godwillsaveme.html

God Will Save Me

A terrible storm came into a town and local officials sent out an emergency warning that the riverbanks would soon overflow and flood the nearby homes. They ordered everyone in the town to evacuate immediately.

A faithful Christian man heard the warning and decided to stay, saying to himself, “I will trust God and if I am in danger, then God will send a divine miracle to save me.”

The neighbors came by his house and said to him, “We’re leaving and there is room for you in our car, please come with us!” But the man declined. “I have faith that God will save me.”

As the man stood on his porch watching the Water rise up the steps, a man in a canoe paddled by and called to him, “Hurry and come into my canoe, the waters are rising quickly!” But the man again said, “No thanks, God will save me.”

The floodwaters rose higher pouring Water into his living room and the man had to retreat to the second floor. A police motorboat came by and saw him at the window. “We will come up and rescue you!” they shouted. But the man refused, waving them off saying, “Use your time to save someone else! I have faith that God will save me!”

The flood waters rose higher and higher and the man had to climb up to his rooftop.

A helicopter spotted him and dropped a rope ladder. A rescue officer came down the ladder and pleaded with the man, "Grab my hand and I will pull you up!" But the man STILL refused, folding his arms tightly to his body. “No thank you! God will save me!”

Shortly after, the house broke up and the floodwaters swept the man away and he drowned.

When in Heaven, the man stood before God and asked, “I put all of my faith in You. Why didn’t You come and save me?”

And God said, “Son, I sent you a warning. I sent you a car. I sent you a canoe. I sent you a motorboat. I sent you a helicopter. What more were you looking for?”

Did Kirstie have WLS? I heard she did. I saw her on TV recentlly and she definitely is way thinner.

Sadly enough when famous people do get WLS, and are successful with it, they get torn to shreds. Look at Star Jones.

I think the issue with Star Jones was not so much about her having WLS, but rather her obviously having WLS and yet denying it as if we were all fools.

That's true. Did she have VSG? I wonder if she had instead made herself an advocate if VSG would have gained greater vis. sooner ... I would've had it years ago.

This is a journey. This started over a decade ago for me when I trained under a bariatric surgeon. During that I realized it is a valuable tool (surgical approaches) but a person has to be ready psychologically to change everything and be willing to realize there is no going back. 5 years ago I realized I needed to address my weight as I had significant health problems and my wt had ballooned to almost 400lbs. I was 40 and facing real cardiac, diabetes, joint issues, etc.. as we all do. I began this journey of seriously looking at my wt and options, I have gained and lost my weight a hundred times over but I knew keeping it off was the challenge and I knew me. It has has taken me 5 years to get to the point where I am today. 2 wks post VGS and I know for me it is and was the right decission because it is a tool that also is a perminent change. Oprah and Kristi are on the same roller coaster but I am very skeptical if they would pass the psychological portion of workup due to thier position in life (being in lime light). If they could get to this point I think they would excell. It is a journey emotionally first then physically at least for me and a few friend I have that are going through this journey. Just a few thoughts.

but didnt Star deny having anything done at first? then finally admittedit,unlike Al Roker who was very public about his Gastric Bypass

Wondering about this surgery but if it's so good than why haven't someone like Oprah herself who is struggling with weight issues go for the sleeve ? Or Kristie.

Maybe.they know they cannot handle the emotional component? This surgery doesn't work. Those who've hd the surgery work with it for the rest of our lives or we don't. If we do, we maintain the loss. If we don't, we gain it back.

It don't matter if you r a celebrity or a 'commoner'. We all struggle with head hunger and fight demons. I hope we win. But someties the dragon relaxes under a tree and picks his teeth with our bones.

I'm struggling with head hunger and salivating for food right now. This doesn't seem to change -for me. Maybe for you it will be different. I hope so.

Sadly enough when famous people do get WLS' date=' and are successful with it, they get torn to shreds. Look at Star Jones.[/quote']

And Al Roker too. I remember when he first started really dropping all the weight, people treated him like he was a cheater. But until they've personally struggled with traditional exercise & healthy eating and still never losing weight to be on the healthy range, they'll never understand why we would do this or what we've been thru.

I think that some people just need to hit "rock bottom" before they will decide to do the surgery. I am having the surgery in a few days and my insurance is paying for everything except my out of pocket costs, which is $300 deductible and $800 coinsurance. I work in the health care industry (in billing and coding) and there are many, many people in my organization that are more obese than me. So obese, that some are now considered disabled. I sometimes look at them and wonder why they don't do the surgery when our insurance covers it and if I met the qualifications for it, they should too. Even my coworker, who is probably pushing 500 pounds, doesn't want to do the surgery and doesn't have any reason other than not wanting to to back it up. His brother is also going through bariatric surgery (he's much bigger), but that hasn't "inspired" him. All I can say is that not everyone believes in the surgery or they just aren't willing to change their ways in order to live a healthier lifestyle.

star jones looks amazing

I read that comedian Lisa Lampanelli (sp?) had the sleeve surgery. She was in some magazine.