Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

LoL try being a pin cushion like a diabetic. I would lose my mind.

Yeah taking insulin shots daily and sometimes multiple times a day really sucked :)

I have the sleeve & it's working :) the only reason I am vaguely interested on hgc is not because I'm in a hurry, but because I'm 43# down post op & my pants are not even the tiniest bit looser!!! I really hang on to weight in my midsection & since good hcg is said to target your largest fat stores I thought maybe it could attack that area but Idk....it's just a thought! I do have friends who've had great results in their problem areas!!

Kayte, You will drop pants sizes in a hurry soon. It will happen!! :)

Rootman. Isnt it funny how EVERY diet pill with the exception of alli isnt evaluated by the FDA.. This means the ingredients they list ate probably in there just probably not as much as stated plus they add fillers to take up the excess. I always ordered my products from places like custom capsule which use real ingredients. They cost more but you know what your getting.

But the FDA has banned all otc HCG products in the USA because they are total fakes. But you still see old stock on the shelves. The FDA finally did something good. Thats the first time in 15 years

Have done the HCG diet twice and I ended up gaining more weight than went off..very hard and kida unhealthy...I turned to sleeve instead of diets :( sorry, but the truth..stay away from HCG, read up people have gotten cancer from that stuff..

Say what you want about HCG, but a lot of people are blind to the facts because they don't do the research and drink the kool-aid. Yes, you lose weight b/c of the 500 calorie diet (there is no defying the laws of physics), but the hormone stops your body into going into "conservation" mode because it thinks it's pregnant. I had success with HCG, kept if off for a year and gained it back super fast when I went on antidepressants. I told my PCP this, we had an in depth discussion on obesity (I have a PhD so I love to talk science). He told me that HCG is not the "cure for obesity" because I gained it back. A cure is something that makes it go away and never come back. He's the one that told me the cure to obesity is surgery and he was the only doctor I've ever had to suggest it to me. I've been overweight since childhood. So yes, obesity is genetic. The fact is, HCG is a hormone, it can't be patented, drug companies can't make money off of it. For the FDA to approve something safe and effective, you have to submit an application where you have done expensive clinical trials (millions of dollars). So guess what, if a company did decide to do the trials for HCG, they can't patent it, anybody can sell it after the trials are done, one company would not have exclusivity for the profits. Dr. Simeons (the developer of the HCG Pounds and Inches protocol) did do the research and wrote it up. So people that have read it and followed it know that it works and why it works. I did the Medifast liquid diet for a month and lost a whopping 8 pounds. I lost 25 pounds in my first month of HCG. You do the math. *steps off soapbox*

Oh, and Sally I have read several of your posts. You have been sleeved, you have your tool, you will not drop the weight over night. You need to let it do it's work. I know I'm the last person to tell someone else to be patient, but you are going to have to be.

You're also only one month out....be patient!! I know, easier said than done but you absolutely will lose ALL OVER in time. At one month post op I was still wearing the same pants (size 24). Now, at 4 months, I'm down to an 18. Hang in there!!

:)

I have the sleeve & it's working :) the only reason I am vaguely interested on hgc is not because I'm in a hurry, but because I'm 43# down post op & my pants are not even the tiniest bit looser!!! I really hang on to weight in my midsection & since good hcg is said to target your largest fat stores I thought maybe it could attack that area but Idk....it's just a thought! I do have friends who've had great results in their problem areas!!

I do know that the fetus gives off this hormone during pregnancy and cancer cells also give off this hormone. Elevated levels in a non-pregnant person usually means cancer.

I'm not even planning to take hormone replacement therapy when I reach menopause. Too scary and too many really bad side effects. There are natural ways to help you along.

Yes I agree. There are so many natural remedies out there but people want to believe everything their doctors tell them. With everything do your own research and make your own decisions that you are comfortable with. Personally, once I get sleeved I'm not taking any more diet pills, injections, elixers, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Kayte, You will drop pants sizes in a hurry soon. It will happen!! :)

Thanks Lissa ;) Patience is a virtue I must remind myself!

I'd say no! While those claim to be herbal, they have a TON of caffeine. I haven't had the surgery yet, but I assume after the VSG we can't have caffeine.

I'd say no! While those claim to be herbal, they have a TON of caffeine. I haven't had the surgery yet, but I assume after the VSG we can't have caffeine.

OH, we can have caffeine. Just not tons of it. I was cleared for one cup a day by a very conservative surgeon.

I have one cup of coffee a day. :)

Ok, so if anyone is around that originally answered this original post..... I have a question- what if....a person wanted a little extra "boost" just to maximize a workout and get through that "I don't wanna workout today" feeling? Is there something natural one can consume to give you that quick "zing" to get a person moving? As we all know, when you reach a certain weight, there is little desire or energy available to exercise. It's all used up just getting your heart to beat and do normal things. I've lost enough that I'm getting past that, but there are SOME days....... ya know???? I'm not "in a hurry" as such, but am liking the workout.

Thoughts? comments? questions? Firing squad?