Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

Lstarlton, Kiki, and linkybo - thanks for your posts! I appreciate the info. Especially the thread Kiki with MeginNola! I'm waiting for surgeon's office to contact me so I can ask questions. Lstar - I had surgery on 4/23, so just one day before you. And funny you mentioned watermelon - I've actually been craving it but also not supposed to have anyfresh fruit yet so I was too scared to try it. Did you hear from your surgeon's office yet? Just curious what they tell you. I'll let you know when I hear from mine. If not today, I will call again in the a.m.

Hi Ltarlton' date='

I know how you feel! I was sleeved on April 10 and the first several weeks were hard with liquids, but that's what you have to do, so that's what I did. Then I got to go to mushies - which was also hard, but again, you do what you've gotta do. Now I'm 7 weeks out.

I used to wake up, planning my food for the day. Hmm..maybe four slices of toast with some hot cocoa, gotta go to target, get a few bags of chips, maybe tostitos and a jar of cheese for a morning snack, etc. Now food is a job. Something I'm annoyed with when it's time to eat. Nothing sounds good and I'm so tired of Protein Shakes. When it is time to eat, I'm annoyed I have to find something to eat and then I end up eating too fast and not feeling great.

My NUT is also super strict. She said we shouldn't even eat flavored yogurt because it has (pause for dramatic music) SUGAR in it. Now I understand our desire to lose weight but I'm thinking a low fat yogurt with a bit of sugar probably isn't what got us in this positon in the first place. (refer to bag of chips reference!)

On a more positive note :) I have found that each week, food gets easier to tolerate. My first mushie food was hummus from my favorite restaurant. I was so disappointed! It tasted gross, I couldn't have any flat bread, and now, four weeks later, hummus is a great snack. I tend to think "Ok, the surgery is done, let's get back to normal" but I'm afraid normal is going to take a while and some experimentation.[/quote']

Linkybo....its almost as if I wrote this myself! I couldn't have said it any better! My NUT is also super strict! My info I was given said I could eat things that she told me not to. How do u get ur Water and Protein in? I'm supposed to get 60 oz water/60 grams protein/60 minutes excercise.

Thank u for ur help!

Lstarlton' date=' Kiki, and linkybo - thanks for your posts! I appreciate the info. Especially the thread Kiki with MeginNola! I'm waiting for surgeon's office to contact me so I can ask questions. Lstar - I had surgery on 4/23, so just one day before you. And funny you mentioned watermelon - I've actually been craving it but also not supposed to have anyfresh fruit yet so I was too scared to try it. Did you hear from your surgeon's office yet? Just curious what they tell you. I'll let you know when I hear from mine. If not today, I will call again in the a.m.[/quote']

Hey Joni!

For some reason I was thinking u were one of the ones that were 4/24. Sorry bout that! :) The watermelon is amazing!

I called the doc and asked them about my situation. The nurse told me it may be the foods I'm choosing to eat. I said....I'm barely eating anything! She really didn't offer me much help. I asked her if I could take my Zegrid more than just at night. She said I could take it in the morning and at night. I'm kinda hoping all my problems may be acid reflux. I'm gonna try taking 2 a day and see if that works. If not I'm gonna call the doc right back.

I'm just so frustrated! Ugghhhh!

Linkybo....its almost as if I wrote this myself! I couldn't have said it any better! My NUT is also super strict! My info I was given said I could eat things that she told me not to. How do u get ur Water and Protein in? I'm supposed to get 60 oz water/60 grams protein/60 minutes excercise.

Thank u for ur help!

I'm eating some, but I'm supposed to get 80 grams of protein a day. Told you my NUT was a nut. :wacko: There is no way to cram that much turkey, yogurt, etc into me to get 80 grams of protein. Right now, I'm mixing two scoops of vanilla protein (unjury) into 16 oz orange crystal light and that's what I drink all day. But, if I'm successful, that's 40 grams of protein right there. It needs shaken constantly because it's past the point of being able to dissolve and gets a little grainy at the bottom, but it is what it is. I just look down at my toes that I can now see and suck it down.

I also mix protein with half water/half milk. Makes it so much less thick. Try some vanilla with a few marschino cherries and some Torani vanilla Syrup, blended then let the foam die down. Almost feels like cheating!

And all those trips to the bathroom - that totally counts toward exercise!!

I was sleeved on 4/4 and at first the weight was comming off but Ive hit a stall and I cant seem to get the scale moving again. I am losing inches but I want the scale to move. What can I do to get the scale moving again?

April 23rd sleever here! I was told that I was eating too much and worried about the stretching, but I saw on a post that we have to listen to our sleeve. There are some days I don't want to eat and I am not hitting all my mark and there are some days that I am upset that I am getting close to the 850 calorie intake mark I set for myself.

I stepped on the scale and am down 5 lbs since May 24th. I am loving my sleeve. I am fitting into size 22 / 24 pants that I couldn't even a few months ago. My highest size was 30/32.

mmoral - you are doing so great! Congratulations!

We are all so funny...wow, I've only lost 33 pounds in seven weeks...or, oh, no, I haven't lost anything in three days, after I just lost fifty pounds...LOL...we are so impatient...Maybe that's why conventional diets didn't work for us.:) I think the same thing, oh, so-and-so has lost 20 pounds more than me in the same amount of time...what are they doing that I am not? I find it funny now, and I am the world's worst....

This surgery is a test of patience!!!!

Kiki this is definitely a test of patience. When I went for my 5 weeks checkup, there was a man that lost 40lbs in 10 days, when I only lost 20lbs in 5 weeks. What a downer especially when my surgeon tried to down play why people lose different. I know its probably true, but at that time I didn't want to hear it.

Hey there fellow April sleevers! Had my 6 week visit with the Dr. this morning and I am down a total of 53.4 pounds including pre-op! So excited & happy. He has also released me and I can now start working with the Trainer in the gym at work!!!!!!!!!!

Funny thing how our priorities change. I had made a decision at the beginning of this to reward myself with a handbag I had my eye on for my first 50# lost. Instead, I'm treating myself to a FitBit and some Water weights to use in the pool. :D

Also wanted to share my Doctor's parting words with me. He said, "You realize my work here is done? The rest of this is up to you. Continue to make healthy food choices, get cardio in at every opportunity but no less than 5 times a week and things will continue to go well. I'm not going to tell you to not cheat, but I will tell you that if you do slip up, its not the end of the world or the end of this journey. You start all over and make up for the slip up through your diet & exercise. You've been through the tough part and you have proven to not only me but yourself that you can do this. I can't wait to see what you have accomplished when we meet again in 3 months." Thought that was pretty profound.

I absolutely love what your surgeon said! Mine said, you're doing great, see you next time. Yours sounds like he really knows what's going on!

I weighed today and I am now on a 4 week stall even gained a 5 lbs idk why. I eat right , do what I need to. total loss since surgery is at 13lbs. Any suggestions? I am in total awe , it seems my sleeve is broke :(

Hello April Sleevers!

I was sleeved on 04-24. I'm curious to know what were/are you eating and how much at Week 6 ? I can eat 4-6 table spoons at the most of soft food and that's 2 times a day, if that. And chicken, I can barely eat 2 tables spoons full. Is this normal? And I can only drink about 20-40 oz of liquid a day :-/

Thank You in advance to your response.

I was sleeved 4/24 as well. I think I probably eat about 4-6 tablespoons too, although I can do it several times a day. I can eat anything now, nothing really seems to bother me, but the meats you are correct I can't seem to eat as much of. I still hate forcing the liquids in, I've never been a big drinker so that's a constant effort for me. I'm not sure if I can't drink more than 40 ounces or I just don't want to!