Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

Well, I did it. Remember I was afraid I'd run off at the last minute and they'd find me hiding under a table in some back room with my gown hanging open? I didn't. :)

April 10 was my day. The anesthes. guy tried 5 times to get an iv into me, blaming me for being dehydrated, nervous, and finally saying after I lost weight this would be easier. Duh. I ended up rolling into the or with no drugs and he gave me laughing gas. Apparently I was no easier to poke when I was out because my arms are blue from bruises and I look like a long term iv user.

Now, I had a whole plan how this was going to happen - easy! I was going to be one of the ones with no gas, little pain, fast recovery. Ha! I suggest you don't make a plan like I did. My nausea was so bad in recovery, all I did was beg for medicine until the nurse said "Honey, that's all I can give you."

Then once I got to my room, the gas pain hit. I've had 4 c-sections (one after 20 hours of labor) and my gallbaldder removed and this gas pain was like nothing I've ever felt. It was parked right under my breast bone and right under an incision and I felt like an alien would be bursting out of me at any time. In fact, I wished for an alien to burst out so the pain would go away! I got a strong narcotic in my iv and that made everything just lovely. No pain, no nausea. But when I sat up, my blood pressure and pulse plummeted. No walking for me. That meant the meds wore off and that darn gas was still parked on my chest.

This is day 3 and I finally feel like the gas is going away. I'm walking now and drinking - though not as much as my dr would like. No regrets - just a word of caution. This is some serious surgery and serious pain can be involved. I hope that no one has to go through horrible pain, but be prepared that you might. The good news - it does go away and we'll all be better in the end.

Onward and upward - well done, you are on your way to a happier you. Hope you continue to improve quickly:)

Hi everybody

I Had my GS yesyerday at 3:pm, feeling great!, just a little nauseas, and the commun gas pain under my left rib, just that

Everything was pretty smooth, the staff is very nice, the Doctors are really informative,

Later i will post the entire journey

Hi everybody

I Had my GS yesyerday at 3:pm' date=' feeling great!, just a little nauseas, and the commun gas pain under my left rib, just that

Everything was pretty smooth, the staff is very nice, the Doctors are really informative,

Later i will post the entire journey[/quote']

Congrats. Hope you are feeling better day by day!

In Mexicali on day 3... Only pain I've had at all is this freaking drain tube. Once it's out I will be thrilled. I had some nausea the first night but none since. Walk walk walk and u will get everything moving. I had the shoulder pain on day one but my wife put pressure on the spot and it subsided. Everything has went great. We walked a few blocks yesterday outside in the nice warm weather.

Dr. Aceves and his staff are wonderful and u only need to know a hint of Spanish for the evening shift. Get the " I translate " app if you have an iPhone... They appreciate it!

Have an X-ray this morning and get my drain out so I am looking forward to that. Strength is back today as well.

Pre-op was the 11th and surgery the 12th. I go home the 15th

Pre-op was supposed to start on Thursday but didn't get back from holiday til last night. Have gained 2lbs on holiday!! Beginning to get stressed about the pre-op diet - whether to just do shakes until op on 26th or follow the pre-op diet that I was given. What to do what to do...

I would follow the pre-op diet that they gave you...doing liquids until the 26th is a long time...I did one week of liquid pre-op, 1 day of clear, and now, my diet is Clear Liquids only until day 6 post-op and then 2 weeks of liquid diet and then two weeks of soft diet...that is a long time to go without food. Those shakes get old quick....save them for when you really need them. I am finally getting out my juicer today. I don't know why I didn't think about it...my husband went to get me some grapes and carrots for the juicer...I just about can't drink anymore broth. I am living on coffee and water...that cannot be good. So I thought I would juice an ounce or two, Water, juice, water, juice. Some days are easier than others to get my liquids in...but it is a constant battle to make sure I sip and don't gulp...and that I am constantly sipping...

I was sleeved on the 10th. I left the hospital at 10 a.m. on the 11th. Stopped on our way home to walk. Drank Crystal lite. I have had no complications, other than I have had a headache. I don't know if that is from the Lovelox(sic) or not. It's not been too bad giving myself the injections. My incisions are way low...like at my waist and below my waist. I thought that might be because I had a hysterectomy and maybe my organs have moved down, I don't know. Does anyone else have low incisions? Mine are not like in the picture I had...As I mentioned above, I am getting out my juicer. Has anyone else juiced their own liquids? My child said I looked like I was losing weight in my ankles...and it does appear that way. My ankles and calves look thinner...haha. Maybe I will lose from the feet up...I hope everyone is doing well. I am still tired, but I think anytime you do a surgery, you need to rest after it. I am also still trying to stay away from public places, because I would hate to catch anything...that's the biggest thing...trying to stay healthy, rest, and drink plenty of liquids.

So I wanted to send a prayer to everyone post op and a prayer to everyone prep. I am day 4 post op on clear liquids. I am getting in fluids ok and tolerating milk and Soups. I am nowhere near the target of 70 grams of Protein. The Protein Drinks all make me nauseated that I have tried so far. I have ordered Unjury Protein Powder to try. The pain is better and I haven't had any narcotics in 48 hours. I am still fairly weak but I am improving. One thing I think about is solid foods. Those are still a ways away. A final silly thought was is my sleeve big enough for me? I am a large framed 6'3" guy. Anyways, to everyone else, get well soon and to all those waiting good luck!

Ok so day 2 post op. The gas is iky and my energy level SUCKS. Im not in a lot of pain. Just feel kinda crappy. I did get in 1 Protein Drink this am. Though. I keep walking. The gas makes my chest hurt. I have to go back to work Tuesday so I pray I feel better

Ok so day 2 post op. The gas is iky and my energy level SUCKS. Im not in a lot of pain. Just feel kinda crappy. I did get in 1 Protein drink this am. Though. I keep walking. The gas makes my chest hurt. I have to go back to work Tuesday so I pray I feel better

April 9 here! I have to say I feel amazing. I almost feel like I shouldn't feel this good?!? I'm able to get in 64+ oz of Fluid since day 3 and I have had not one bit of nausea. I basically have a drink beside me at all times sipping away. I still have mild discomfort in my shoulder. My incisions are healing beautifully but I am still sore. Hurts to get up and down. I just hold my belly and that helps. So far so good with this!!!! Best wishes to you all.

I would follow the pre-op diet that they gave you...doing liquids until the 26th is a long time...I did one week of liquid pre-op, 1 day of clear, and now, my diet is clear liquids only until day 6 post-op and then 2 weeks of liquid diet and then two weeks of soft diet...that is a long time to go without food. Those shakes get old quick....save them for when you really need them. I am finally getting out my juicer today. I don't know why I didn't think about it...my husband went to get me some grapes and carrots for the juicer...I just about can't drink anymore broth. I am living on coffee and water...that cannot be good. So I thought I would juice an ounce or two, Water, juice, water, juice. Some days are easier than others to get my liquids in...but it is a constant battle to make sure I sip and don't gulp...and that I am constantly sipping...

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I have taken your advice and am following dietician's guidance. Might do two days of shakes just before op. I wish you well on your journey and look forward to hearing about your success ( that sounded very business-like but you know what I mean;) )

April 9 here! I have to say I feel amazing. I almost feel like I shouldn't feel this good?!? I'm able to get in 64+ oz of Fluid since day 3 and I have had not one bit of nausea. I basically have a drink beside me at all times sipping away. I still have mild discomfort in my shoulder. My incisions are healing beautifully but I am still sore. Hurts to get up and down. I just hold my belly and that helps. So far so good with this!!!! Best wishes to you all.

Please share the "trick" to getting your liquids down! Congrats to you all who just had the surgery and the pre-oppers! Question, I'm confused with the Vitamins, are you able to swallow the pills immediately after the surgery or in liquid form only?

Please share the "trick" to getting your liquids down! Congrats to you all who just had the surgery and the pre-oppers! Question' date=' I'm confused with the Vitamins, are you able to swallow the pills immediately after the surgery or in liquid form only?[/quote']

I'm not sure really? I just always keep a full cup of something near me. Ive pretty much been home all week so I'm very conscious of how much I'm drinking. And I'm drinking all different things so not to get boring. Also I take the chewable vitamins.< /p>

Well I am at home. Surgery went fine yesterday morning. Lots of pain in the left incision (where they pulled out the stomach) and having a hard time getting in liquid. I have to walk when ever I take a sip or I feel like there's too much gas in there and it'll come back up. Nurse said this is due to the hiatial hernia repair, and it should go away. I just want to get past this part, can't wait to get to eat soups! I am already tired of broth and popsicles. LOL

We are half way there APRIL SLEEVERS! Congrats to everyone who went through with surgery and made it back to us safely! I hope everyone is doing well. I'm still wishing you all a speedy recovery and huge amount of weight loss. All I want to hear from my April sleevers is a story about the amount inches and lbs they loss! Lol

I also created a thread that's in the post op section that explains 20 ways to get rid or tune up loose skin. Check I out, I guarantee that you will print it out and pin it up!