Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where Are My April 2012 Sleevers?

To ursiboo 72, your guardian angels will surround you while in surgery. Be blessed and I pray traveling mercy to and from Mexico.

Hello Fellow April Sleevers!

I'm having my sleeve surgery on Wednesday. I lost 6 lbs on the pre-op diet so far. Hooray!!!! I'm having my surgery with Dr. Fernando Garcia in Tijuana' date=' Mexico (self-pay). I fly to San Diego tomorrow. Say a prayer for me that all goes well.

I wish you all much success and Welcome to the loser's bench!!!![/quote']

Prayers your way! I leave for Mexicali Wednesday morning for surgery on Thursday... Good luck to you.

Wow so many April sleevers - it's great to read everyones progress. Thank you all for posting your recovery process post op. Makes it me calmer knowing what I "should" expect for my own recovery. Getting nervous now - Friday is the day! Can't wait to join you all on the losers bench!

I had my surgery April 2nd... I am 1 week out and wouldn't change a thing.... Not gonna lie the first few days were rough with not being able to keep much down and lots of vomiting but by day four that was gone... I am down 20 pounds since the 2 day prior liquid diet til now... I am learning what and how to eat but basically doing alot of Protein Shakes boiled eggs and mashed potatoes... I feel great but tend to crash mid afternoon... Plan to go back to work tomorrow... Don't regret a thing!

Wow so many April sleevers - it's great to read everyones progress. Thank you all for posting your recovery process post op. Makes it me calmer knowing what I "should" expect for my own recovery. Getting nervous now - Friday is the day! Can't wait to join you all on the losers bench!

Good luck to you! Hopefully it will be smooth sailing.

Surgery's coming up for me on Monday, April 16th with Dr Aceves....woo!

Seems like life has decided that April should be full of excitement for me. I quit my job so I could go for surgery....and promptly got offered another one that starts the week after surgery, doh! And it's one that I think I'd be a good fit for. The first 4 weeks would be in classroom, so I'm weighing whether or not to say "yes!", even though I'll only be a week postop. I'll have to think on that.

I'm a couple days into pre-op diet and I'm craving carbs, hardcore! I almost cried over a Sonic commercial (curse you, chili cheese tots! Curse you, I say!). I can't wrap my head around how things will be different after surgery if I've never been able to stick to carb restriction long term in the past. But I am so very, very lucky - my husband is a 3 year postop RNY, and he says, "I felt that way too, love, but trust me, it will work". He's the best!

Keep posting, my April sleeve brothers and sisters! It's so encouraging to remember that we're not alone :D Best of luck to everyone!

~Asche, the Crazy Cat Lady

To ursiboo 72, your guardian angels will surround you while in surgery. Be blessed and I pray traveling mercy to and from Mexico.

Ms. Fanny, I love when you tell someone guardian angels will surround them! I hope you tell me that when I have surgery on 4/23!! And I know they will surround you too! God bless you.

Was sleeved this morning, yay! Pain not bad, akin to doing a bazzillion situps. Have some gas pain in my last shoulder. Been up to walk a few times. Mostly just sleepy and very thirsty.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I am a tall gal about to be sleeved. 5'9 240 lbs. good luck. Can't wait to read your stories.

Was sleeved this morning' date=' yay! Pain not bad, akin to doing a bazzillion situps. Have some gas pain in my last shoulder. Been up to walk a few times. Mostly just sleepy and very thirsty.

Sent from my iPad using VST[/quote']

Congrats! Just get up and move, move, move. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I am a tall gal about to be sleeved. 5'9 240 lbs. good luck. Can't wait to read your stories.

Hey,

Almost my exact same size! Good luck to you.

Congrats to all April sleeves!! Well I am finally home and 4 days post op. I saw dr garcia in TJ. The hospital was very clean. The entire staff is really nice. The day I arrived I went to the hospital and had blood work and EKG. Then to the hotel. The Marriott is so nice and the beds are really comfy!! The broth is delicious! 700am off to the hospital. I get to the hosp. In goes the iv and off to surgery! I was talking to the doctors then next thing I know I was hearing my name in recovery. I wasn't in any pain but had to pee really bad. I got to my room and as I started to switch beds I had a little nausea. I was so afraid of throwing up! But a little spit came out and when I went to the bathroom I felt better. I asked how soon I could walk and they said whenever I wanted. So I hit the halls immediately!!! I think that is the best advice I could give is to don't wait for them to tell you to walk you must to ch

Argue of your own recovery!!! Walk make yourself! You will be sleepy from the meds so sleep then wake up pee and walk. You will be grateful. Gets the gas moving and you feel better! I never had any pain just very uncomfortable where the drain was at. Nagging really. But don't forget to drink once you are able. Small sips. I feel a tight almost like a bubble is moving when I drink too much. I'm still on Clear Liquids and have not been hungry once!! I had no problems at the airport. All my flights were full so they were offering to check luggage for free! So I let them and only had my purse to worry about. Found broth at a restaurant in Denver called its a wrap! I have to remember to drink! But I am home now and the gas is coming out great and my bloating is going down! You all will do great!!!! Good luck to everyone!! I'll keep you posted!!

Disneytikifan - All my best to you today on your surgery. Can't wait to hear how you are doing. Sending lots of well wishes your way.