Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I would love to hear of from some people that have started off slow losing then it all started turning around. I do not think I am talking about the 3 week stall, It is more like the feeling that you might not believe you ever are going to lose any weight. I can not even imagine it. I am almost discouraged!

I am almost 4 weeks out,I started off rather well ,the first week but since then have just teetered up and down 2-3 lbs. I know I will lose, I am doing all the right things but I feel like I am the only one experiencing this, it is so frustrating. I could really use some others experiences with this.

Thank you.

I was sleeved on 2/14. I lost 12 pounds the first week and now I'm up 2. I had my 2 week post-op visit yesterday and they told me it's just my body adjusting. I also stopped taking my blood pressure medicine because it has a Water pill in it and I was terrified of deydration. The Dr. told me I'm probably holding a little more Water and adjusting to not taking the meds. I'm not seeing it on the scale but I can tell I'm losing lots of inches. I'm just hanging in there and trying to make sure I get all of my Protein and water in. I can start walking a little more now and I know it will start coming off soon.

Stick with it, I'm sure we'll both start seeing the results very soon.

I can't offer a history like what you are lookin gfor but I am sooo very grateful to see so many people who confirm you still loose inches even on stalls. I thought I was loosing my mind! lol.

I truly thought I'd never lose, but today I'm six months out, 85+ pounds down and feeling like a million dollars. Those stalls really kick us in the butt, though. I look hard for the NSVs or non scale victories because I know how far I have to go...but just look how far I've come already! You will get there too!! :)

It is totally frustrating for everyone when we are in a stall. We get so scared that we had 85% of our stomachs cut out and for what? Losing just a few lbs. But in reality, it took us months and years to put the weight on, and we have tried every diet out there to lose weight, to gain it right back.

In reality, are bodies are doing great to shred all these lbs as quick as we do. Yes we do have times when the scale stops moving, but that is a time when our bodies our adjusting. This is the most valuable time to me bc I'm losing inches when my scale stops moving. Our bodies after surgery has to heal, shred lbs, and is deprived of nutrients by our sleeve restriction. So over all, I have learned to honor my body and let it heal, and the bonus is: I'm losing inches and I love looking really great. I love the compliments from others that I look really hot!

Please be patient and treasure your body because it's the only one we will ever have. Take great care of the body and make sure it gets all the Protein and fluids to help in shredding all your unwanted pounds. We are doing this! ;)

I know how you feel. The scale is difficult for me to handle so I try to limit when I use it and stay focused on all the positive changes that are taking place in my body and life. Try to find the NSV out there for you. Also you may want to start a measurement log, to track your inches. Good luck, and know that the weight will come off! :)

Belieive me you are not the only one that feels this way. I am 5 weeks out now and I have only lost 20lbs and I read all the post from other people who have lost so much weight and I am like WTH am I doing wrong. Starting to think did I undergo surgery for nothing.

I am right there with you!! I was sleeved on 2/16/12. And on my 12th day post op, I was down 16lbs. And my scale and been going up and down 1-2 lbs...but basically staying put!!! I know I am retaining water...so I TRY to drink more, but it seems like the more I drink the more I retain!! I have really been pushing the protien too... but nothing is making a diffrence!! It is very frustrating and completely discourging!! I was so worried about the "3 week stall" and was crushed when mine became a 2 week stall!!! Totally not good for my cofidence and esteem!! I am praying this hump is over quickly!!!

Yecats,

please don't feel that you are doing something wrong or that you aren't gonna win this race, because you WILL.

I am 19mths+ now... in the first 4weeks, I lost pretty much the same as you. There will be times when you see your weight bounce all over the place and that is ok... that is what our bodies 'do'. You will also see a drop soon too... might be tomorrow or next week but it will happen. Also, if you haven't I urge you to take your measurements as these will 'show' you how much smaller you are getting. I didn't do this until about 2mths out when I had already lost 21lb... this is a real motivator when things slow down, as they inevitably will!

Also, and I feel that this is really important (well, at least to me) I have NEVER, EVER lost more than 7lbs on any given diet at any given time... and that includes when I was young and just overweight as well as older and morbidly obese. My sleeve has, without doubt, save and changed my life... and even though I am not at 'goal' per se, I see myself in a more positive light each day.

Try to relax, go with the flow, follow your post op diet and enjoy this rollercoaster... getting to the finishing line will be just as sweet whether you sprint, jog or walk... and to be honest, the scenic route is rather beautiful... =]

I am 4 1/2 weeks out and down 18 lbs. I too have felt discouraged because of the scale. But I am definitely losing inches so that has helped. I have a few pair of jeans that I couldn't wear a week ago. This morning I tried them on thinking I was going to look all cute in them today because I could finally fit into them. I tried on two pairs and they were too big! Definitely take your measurements. I was amazed at the inches I have lost already.

I am 4 1/2 weeks out and only lost 17lbs since surgery , I lost these 17lbs in the first two weeks and not lost anything since , it so worrying

Please be patient and treasure your body because it's the only one we will ever have. Take great care of the body and make sure it gets all the Protein and fluids to help in shredding all your unwanted pounds. We are doing this! ;)

I love this advice. I feel I am losing very slow. I seem to lose one week and then go up and down a few lbs the next week before I lose again. I know I am doing things right, so I have to relinquish "control" over the process. I think we all have to focus on the right behaviors and let the weight loss happen in its own time frame. I am trying to love and appreciate my body. I have put it through a lot and now I am learning to nurture and care for it.

You are not alone. This is a mental process as much as it is a physical one!