Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Surgery Is Tomorrow Morning

I have to be at the hospital at 9:30... its crazy how much the nerves are really starting to affect me...many times today i thought about not even going tomorrow...i've been on all liquids today and im so happy that all i had to do was 24 hrs and not two weeks like some of u because I AM DYING. i am so hungry, i've been chewing things and spitting them out, which i know is so wrong... idk what to do.. i feel like i am not ready for this, i know if i dont do it though, things will just get worse from here on out... Im so nervous. I wish these feelings would just go away. please pray for me!!

Prayer said girl!!! Just keep visualizing the healthy and fit you that youre going to be soon!!! :)

Don't overt think it. Just go with it. You've researched and informed yourself and you're ready. That little doubting voice is just trying to keep u from reaching all your goals!!!!

Go for it!!!!!!

MINE IS TOMORROW TOO!! Scheduled @ 7:30am, I have been nervous pretty much all day long, even though I am thoroughly educated on the proccedure and process ( I'm a nurse). Statistically it is safe, lower chances of major complications than arthroscopic knee surgery, but when you are going through it, a totally different prospective, this is an instance when knowing to much will drive you crazy, i keep running thru what ifs and if this happens then etc, etc, etc ( having a hard time turning the nurse in me off). I will say prayers for you and hopefully you have smooth start to the journey to a new you!

Please both of u keep us posted afterwards as soon as u can! BEST OF LUCK!! My surgery is 2/13 and I'm sure I'll be a basketcase a couple days before!

1. Good luck to both of you I know it is scary and probably every body have that initial feeling but I keep thinking about the end result....happy healthier new you...remember you have to go thru to get to....praying for ya!!!!! happy healing

Stay positive and think of what ur going to be able to acomplish after ur surgery .. Ur in my prayer and I wish u the best :))

I'm sitting in the Pre op area right now getting prepped I'm soooo nervous omg. Lol nervous but excited. I can't wait til this is over and I'm finally sleeved. I'm feeling nauseous already and they haven't even did anything yet lol.

Well IM SLEEVED!!!! and I'm in so much pain... Really wasn't expecting this at all. The gas is horrible, I KEEP getting hiccups, they hurt so bad. Had a bad reaction to dilaudid so I been on oxygen since yesterday. Haven't been getting my liquids or Protein in so my surgeon says I can't leave til tomorrow

YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY at being sleeved.

BOOOOOOOO at being in pain!

I am home now and my surgery was 2/3/12. Everything went well according to my surgeon, my surgery was a little longer than he expected because I had a hiatal hernia he repaired while he was in there making my sleeve. When I was in the PACU I felt the worst of the pain. It did get better and I decided to stay an extra night because of the nausea i was experiencing. I still have pain, but it is more like sore abdominals from intense core workout. And the dreaded gas, is contributing to my overall bloated feelling but Gas-X strips are helping alot. Was sent home with 2 rx for Loretab and Zofran in liquid form to cover the nausea and pain. I am on full liquids now until post op appt. then I can go pureed food. I am beyond happy that this part is over with and I can begin my journey. Will keep you guys posted and thanks for all the support.

Good to hear u r home and recovering!!!!! Keep walking and resting and stay positive!!! Congrats!

congrats ladies sorry lovepink that you are in pain but we know it gets better hang in there.....who's next??????