Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Just Need To Vent...

Tomorrow is my birthday... yep I will be celebrating my 2nd anniversary in my forties. Anyway, my boyfriend was suppose to arrive home tonight from his business trip. He called and said no he has another trip that will keep him away another ten days. What sucks was he left the day after my surgery when I was still in the hospital. Now, we all know when we get stress we eat, all of us have done. Last yr I would have taken myself out to a restaurant, the fanciest one to Celebrate. However, today I am only 1 week post op. It is a lot to work through knowing we cant turn to food and use it has a crutch, but I made that choice. It will benefit me and my health will improve. It is to early to shop for new clothes, maybe a movie tomorrow... who knows.

That sucks about your boyfriend but you can Celebrate anyway! Try going to a Chinese place and getting some egg drop soup! That way your still going out but your also still staying in the confines of your post op diet. Btw, when do you get to start puréed food?

Officially it was today, but I couldnt hold down the liquid Protein Shakes so I was allowed at 3 days post op. I do have to make an effort though to get in my fluids, which I try. Thks for the idea about the Soup, great idea.

sorry you are having a rough day! i would recommend a little shopping or a movie, like you said! it was nice to get out and about after surgery and that would be a good way to occupy some time. congrats on your surgery!

So sorry that you are having a rough bday. My ex admitted that he cheated the night before surgery. Our anniversary was a week later.I would have turned to food too, but for good reason I could not. So, I put on a cute outfit and I went to MAC and got my makeup done! I did a few before shots for myself!

Happy Birthday! I hope your day gets better!

That completely sucks about your boyfriend, but if you want to look on the brighter side(?) it is good practice to do something outside of food, my suggestion is try something that you always wanted to but didn’t. We will all struggle with finding a replacement for food, and so we might as well start now. Happy birthday!

So sorry that you are having a rough bday. My ex admitted that he cheated the night before surgery. Our anniversary was a week later.I would have turned to food too, but for good reason I could not. So, I put on a cute outfit and I went to MAC and got my makeup done! I did a few before shots for myself!

Happy Birthday! I hope your day gets better!

Yikes! Glad to see you being so strong. God never brings us to a place that HE isn't prepared to get us thru. BTW- I see you 1908 (1920) here ;)

I haven't had my surgery yet.. it's scheduled for March 9th.. YIKES... but I can totally relate to wanting to turn to your "lover, friend, confidant" which is food! Been there done that.. But those of us in the struggle secretly know that that type of behavior is only destructive to us.. kind of sucks doesn't it?? The best way to combat that is to know that you are going to look up and your weight is just going to keep dropping, and with each pound dropped, it's one pound more of self confidence.

I so admire those of you that had the surgery. That, in and of itself, is admirable. it takes a lot of courage to do what you have done (and will do)... Keep your head up.. It's get some Soup, get your nails done, hair done, buy some new panties (sorry, I know that's personal).. but it's your birthday! surround yourself with things that make you feel good. and just remember, for your next birthday... guess what... you'll be FABULOUS!!!

Turning to food hopefully won't be an issue any longer... 2012 the year of new and healthy vices..

and oh yes... Have a helluva a birthday!

Ladies, I SO get what you all mean by wanting to turn to food. While you're on mushies is a great time to address this issue, although it would be nice if our SO's wouldn't do some stupid things while we're trying to heal! Sheesh!!

I see a therapist to work through food (and other) issues, and it has helped tremendously. She's really great about pointing out to me when I'm not looking at things properly. I really wanted to do find my old buddy food at the beginning of the month, but I managed to get through the event without doing too badly. It's a tough road.

The doctors sleeve our tummies, not our heads. It's up to us to do the head work and VST is a great place to get some support to help you through. If it's not enough, then it's time to think about talking to a professional. We're all only human, but we are trying to accomplish something great by losing our excess weight! :) It's definitely a lot of work, and a lot of that work IS mental.

I wish us all luck!! :)