Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You Can Gain Weight With The Sleeve

Where abouts in the uk are you Coops. I am from Scotland. Xx

Hiya Lorraine,

I'm in Wales.. how you doing? Are you sleeved yet? If you have any questions, give us a shout! x

Hiya Lorraine' date='

I'm in Wales.. how you doing? Are you sleeved yet? If you have any questions, give us a shout! x[/quote']

Yeah I was sleeved on the 7th November. Doing fine so far. First week was hell but apart from that. I was cleared for non puréed soft foods today so am well chuffed. How are you getting on? When were you sleeved? Xxx

Couldn't get to the scale yesterday, so I'm a day late. 124.8 this a.m. Not as bad as i feared. i will weigh myself next Monday and report. I'm grateful for all of you.

I am not posting a number this week ... I am PMS'ing and the number has jumped 3 to 7 pounds in just 3 days. NOT freaking out ... I know I can't gain that much in 3 days. Hate Water weight and bloating!!!!!!!

... I know I can't gain that much in 3 days. Hate Water weight and bloating!!!!!!!

I have been walking the straight and narrow for two days.(this is the third). I have lost over 5 pounds! This being said, it is all Water I'm sure. Glad to get it off anyway. Just shows how eating all that crap can pack on the water weight! I am not eating low carb, just lower... under 100...and saying no to the treats always at work... staying under 900 cals..cutting the regular bread and whites way back.... sugar- byby. Back to the dance classes at last, you know, the things that got me to lose weight in the first place... and of course restriction is still pretty good. I can really stall while eating right, so I know this can't last, but it is sure encouraging to start out with this nice water dump!

Congrats Feedyoureye! And thank you to everyone for your posts. I'm doing well - passed up a glass of wine last night since I'd had my fill of calories. BOY! Did I want that glass! ;) But, I kept to my resolve.

I'm going out of town this weekend & a big party on Sunday, but I will do my best to stay within plan. I'll post results on Monday.

Have a great Hump-Day!

caved to chocolate...will move it out of my office today :)

I can't be on here now...I am pregnant...so maybe my goal will be not to gain more than 25 pounds.

I can't be on here now...I am pregnant...so maybe my goal will be not to gain more than 25 pounds.

This is fabulous! Congrats! How about eat healthy, exercise and no more of a gain of 25 lbs give or take a few! You can do this! So happy for you..... :wub:

You can gain weight back with the lapband, with the sleeve and with gastric bypass. There is no 100% surgical cure. I chose gastric bypass. But my cure for my obesity is using the bypass to achieve diet/behavior modifications.

I don't mean to be rude, but why are you on VST if you had bypass?

And, just to clarify - I know that VST is not magic. I've just heard so many people say "I know I won't gain it back. How could I when my stomach is so small". I just wanted to be a "vetran" to warn that this is a daily journey (for me over a year to get back on track) and you have to live it every moment.

I don't mean to be rude, but why are you on VST if you had bypass?

And, just to clarify - I know that VST is not magic. I've just heard so many people say "I know I won't gain it back. How could I when my stomach is so small". I just wanted to be a "vetran" to warn that this is a daily journey (for me over a year to get back on track) and you have to live it every moment.

your comment has convinced me to terminate my participation in this forum.

Sorry to hear that. It was an honest question. I would think you could get better support and advice from people with a simliar surgery. Best of luck to you.

I don't know why you'd choose to leave. I am a member in all 4 forums. I choose to do so because I know there are many misconceptions about VSG, and since I do tend to post on many threads I like to be able to read personal experiences from people who have actually had different procedures rather than to rely on hearsay comments from other posters.

And also, you are very correct, no WLS is going to make it impossible to gain weight (with rare exception). I could easily choke down 4-5pints of Haagen Das a day with little to no restriction. It does require at least a minimal amount of self control.