Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

@Coops - yep our numbers are pretty similar. In the years during which I gained my weight I spent maybe a couple of months my freshman year in college at this weight, not terribly long, so I doubt my body had time to get used to it. In fact, I've never spent long at any single weight in my life, always inexorably creeping higher. I think once I did the math and figured that I had basically gained on average about ten pounds a year since 14 yrs of age or roughly a pound a month for 16 years. I haven't lost weight since the first week of January and in fact the scale shows me as 4 pounds higher than my all-time low so I guess I'm frightened that this will happen again, frightened that my body may turn traitor on me and gain gain gain, that I will not achieve normalcy and non-flabbiness. =( =( I look in the mirror and all I see is a flabby squashy middle-aged-before-her-time marshmallow. =( =(

174 this morning. My low which I only achieved on 3 days over about 3 months...was 170.4. I slowed almost to a stop for the last 3 months. I had gained 3 pounds over holidays, then lost it, then sort of bounced around the 3+ pounds molstly at the high end. sad face. I do pretty much eat what I want...not always good... but I do write everything down and keep the cals between 1200- 1400 most days. I walk 2+ days a week for about 45mins-hour , take bellydance dance classes twice a week at 1+ hours each. At work I sit a lot and walk around and do stuff some times too. I have a walking class, and that is when i get my walk in most of the time. I think I might be at my low weight....but I guess I could still lose a pound or so. I am still 7-9 pounds from my modest goal of 165, 5' 81/2" tall. My measurements did go down in the last month though, a little. NOT from my boobs! So that is fab! I guess time will tell... what our actions result in. I hope I can lose a few, and not end up weighing more than I do now. I like myself... flabby and all....I look pretty sleek in clothing, so that has been fun. My husband does not want me to lose more. He is trying to eat better, and that is a good thing that had rubbed off on him. I guess over the next months and years we will see! Stay in touch everyone, its nice to talk with others in the same "boat".

OK, Maybe Meg in Nola has kick-started something. I hit goal this morning!

Lynda

This is so awesome! CONGRATS! Hope I will join you soon.... ;)

Thanks Dorrie! I'm saving you a spot on the Goalies Bench! I'm officially off the Losers Bench :-)

Lynda

Woot! Way to go, Lynda!! What a happy post!! I hope everyone in this thread gets their well-deserved jump-start!!

@Lynda: Congratulations!!!!!! You rock!!! I hope you are doing a MAJOR happy dance!!!! You soooo deserve to feel proud!

@Coops and GT: I have been verrrry slowly losing, but I have somewhat similar stats. It's take me something like 3 months to lose 5 lbs and I am 183 and 5'7. I wish I had advice for you guys; it really sounds to me like you are doing everything right. For me, I know I've been overdoing it on the sugar, and I am searching for the motivation to kick that sugar habit (OK, let's face it: addiction). But having said that, I know that focusing on fitness has been really important, and has really changed my composition. Yesterday, I ran 5 miles and guess what?! --today, I put on my old size 10 jeans. I don't know how this happened, but I think it must have something to do with having more muscle, because I was at least 10 lbs lighter the last time I was able to wear these jeans!

Now, I'm not saying that look good, but I got them on, by God! And I know you guys are rocking it on the fitness front, too! GT, I've read that sometimes overtraining can cause you to produce too much cortisol, which can cause you to hold onto weight, so maybe actually try taking a few days off for a couple of weeks and see what happens?

OK, Maybe Meg in Nola has kick-started something. I hit goal this morning!

Lynda

Lynda,

YAY... OMG...YAY! Just look at your BMI, lady you reached 'goal' ages ago! But now it is yours 'offically'!

I am soooo proud of you xx

I did not have a doughnut or anything evil yesterday. A tiny, humble, accomplishment but, there it is. I work in the kind of office where people are constantly bringing in Krispy Kremes and homemade brownies. I ran for over a mile and danced for over an hour. So far so good today, eggs for Breakfast. If I can stick to my meal plan for today then I should get <50g carbs and around 1000 cals. I intend on running 1-2 miles, then doing an hour + of yoga, hope to keep my Water up.

So nice to be able to check in with you guys every morning! Congrats on the goals and accomplishments.

@GT: I had another thought. I've read a lot that interval training really helps to rev up your metabolism. I'm trying it myself to see if it helps, but it might be worth your trying it. So, instead of running 1-2 miles in a steady state, you might try sprints. For example, yesterday, I ran for half an hour and then I did 6 sets of sprints that were 45-50 seconds each at 7mph (which is fast for me), and then you walk for a minute or two between each sprint. This might help to get your metabolism going. I'll let you know how it goes for me!

@Lila21 - intervals is what I've been doing, that 1-2 miles is cumulative.

Well GT, I don't know what to say - again! We are defo both struggling with that pesky scale. You are doing way more exercise than me at the moment though... I am managing 1-3 weekly at the moment, which is less that I was doing a few mths ago.

my update:

I think I am going to try a new approach. Balls to the scale and focus on how I FEEL! All this stressing over numbers and logging isn't good for me at the moment. I am stressed enough in work and I refuse to beat myself up about missing a session in the gym or a tiny piece of cake. The sleeve, to me, is for living and I am now at a relatively decent weight where I can actually LIVE!

Don't get me wrong... I am not giving up. I am desperate to get to goal... I mean I do have 'fat' left on me but it is a lot less than it was a year ago; two years ago.

Work will calm down in a few weeks and I will be able to focus more energy on getting more exercise. For now, I will do what I can, when I can.

I refuse to drop my cals lower than 1000 as my brain doesn't like it... I get headaches and feel like sh*t. I also get that way if I go too low with carbs... so, more recently, I have been having a piece of wholemeal toast before work, then another at break ... around 10.45am. I don't get that 'lul' now that I did back in Jan. I am also having a little potatoe here and there, especially on the days that I do exercise. Don't get me wrong, I still get my Protein in, I am just trying to be more balanced - like semi maintance I suppose.

Another thing I have been thinking about it motivation. This time last year, I was getting excited about going to see Robbie WIlliams and Take That. I trained like a demon hoping to get to goal and be a size UK12 to see my boys! - there is still a picture of Robbie in front of the treadmill in work - I used to imagine running towards him...lol!

Now, I don't have any major events planned... nothing to look good for and I am wondering if that be part of the reason that I am not pushing myself to exercise... dunno?

So, I have started thinking about a holiday... somewhere nice and warm that isn't in the UK; Crete, Turkey? I am thinking that if we book somewhere I might give me the push to train harder... you know, to get that body ready for the sun and sand? This is work in progress at the moment cos it will all depend on cost!

On the up side, even though the scale still hasn't moved below 165lb in months, my clothes are fitting better and my UK14s are really comfy, verging on lose around the waist. Not quite a 12 mind... but still. And, Ihad to buy new knickers... they are Uk14s and fit really well, no more saggy ass for me!

It is really strange, and I might be dreaming, but I am starting to 'feel smaller' even though there is no movement with my weight.

I know I have said it before, but the body really is a weird thing,....

sorry for the ramble! I feel better now...lol...

Well done to everyone keeping this thread, and me going... seriously, I love popping on here and catching up with all the goal chasers!!!

WE WILL GET THERE... eventually!

Slow and steady wins the race my friends xx

@GT: ugh, I'm sorry! I was hoping that would help! Don't give up! You have done sooooo well!

@Coops: I hear you on taking it easy and focusing on fitness. I do really think that fitness is helping to reshape my body, too. Maybe if we just keep focusing on that, we'll get there! I am personally training for a half marathon, which is helping me to stay focused. Maybe consider signing up for a race or an event that you need to train for?

Okay, here goes my experiment! Today I will eat one egg, one Protein Shake made with Water, one container of greek yogurt with walnuts, and one Protein shot, for a total of 600 cals, 78g protein, 21g carbs. After work I will go for a 2 mile run or 20 minutes of intervals, and lift weights. If it works like I hope it will, I should be down 3 pounds by the weekend. Let's see what happens!