Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Coops, My weight is stuck, but I have lost a little in the measurement department. The body IS a funny thing! I sure as heck cant figure mine out! I just found some Ralph Lauren summer pants at the thrift store in a size 12 that fit (almost too tight... which looks pretty good if I do say so myself!) I think the fat is shifting around or something. I remember Tiffikins saying something about that a while ago... same weight, different shape.

Hey FYE... that is great, a result! And a size 12 is tiny at your height... ain't that a size 8 here... WOW!! And Ralph lauren! that is impressive! Are you still going for goal, or happy where you are?

I am starting to feel a little like ' I am done' cos no matter what I do nothing really changes!?!

GT - how is the plan working out... how are you finding it? Is it affecting your energy levels?

Hope everyone else is good! Keep me updated on how you are...

My bloody f'ing back has gone again... proper nasty! The pain has shifted to my pelvis/hip area on the right and I am as stiff as a board. There goes any ideas of training that I had for the next week or so! Gutted!

My hubby thinks it might be linked to stress, as I have been really stressed and wound up with work over a fairly long period of time - since Feb! I think it is probably a trapped nerve or something along those lines. Still waiting for my physio appointment, we just can't afford for me to see one privately! *sighs*

Coops - oh dear! Sounds like the universe is telling you to slow your roll, and for your loved ones to take care of you for a bit =/ 600 calories was not good, to say the least. A Very Low Calorie Diet may be correct when one is super morbidly obese but it is not right for an average overweight person, my heart fluttered rapidly, I was dizzy and lethargic and could hardly move. I'm trying 800 instead plus steady daily running.

Coops ~ you and I are at the same weight. Yesterday I went to the surgeon office and she told me that I have 1 to 2 lbs to loose. She used some calculation on her computer which was different than the poster on her wall. She told me to increase my Water intake and to increase my calories. Eating 900 calories may have slowed my metabolism down. So today, I will drink more water even though I struggle with getting it down. I will also use my recumbant bike. Time to get busy with toning and contour. Oh it's time to get back my personal trainer and have him kick it up. LOL ;)

GT... there is NO WAY could I survive on 600 or 800 cals. I have to get at least 1000 to 'feel' good. Let us know how the 800 goes...

Dorrie, how tall are you? I'm just under 5'2 and that is why my BMI is still obese. I think you are a lot taller... I would love to have a BMI of 25, but would be happy with anything in the 20s. I hate still being 'obese' in the eyes of my docs! I am still trying to get more Water in, so we can cheer each other on with that one. My cals are still between 1000 and 1200 and I have to say I am happy with that.

I rang the hospital today to find out how long the wait would be for physio; at the one hospital it is 16 WEEKS... that takes me into JULY FFS! Anyway, the other hopsital that I can go to is 8-10 weeks and I have already been on the list for nearly 8 weeks, so I have transfered onto that one. Let's hope it is sooner than later cos this is just horrible! My back and leg feels 'looser' today, but still stiff to walk and if I move too fast it just 'goes'!

Tonight my kids have a friend over to sleep so it is gonna be a take away for tea, probably KFC and I am going to join them! And I am going to bloody well enjoy it and let my sleeve do its job!

x

Hey Coops: I am 5'6" and am over weight on the BMI chart. I just started a new topic on it. We are going to kick a$$ and Rock these Sleeves. You look really good in your pic, I need to get one up of myself. ;)

Just thought I would mention this... I measured tonight (thanks for reminding me feedyoureye) and in the last two mths I have lost an inch from my waist and 1/2 inch from my ribs- under the bust. So, ok the scales isn't moving but my body is changing albeit slightly! That makes a 41inch loss in total - that is 3ft 5inches... a little person's height...lol. It looks a lot when you see it on the tape measure!!

I've been googling ways to bust a weight loss stall and I'm ticking all the right boxes except the exercise one. I REALLY need to see my physio, to get this back/groin problem sorted so I can start training properly. This is the only thing that I haven't changed in the last 4-6 weeks.

The other thing I am going to try is to increase my Water a little more. I was rubbish at this at the beginning of the year, I have got better but there is still room for improvement... so I will stick with the food intake as it is and increase Water. At least that way I feel like I am being proactive.

How is everyone else doing... good weekend?

I missed a couple of dance classes because my knee was bugging me, I really miss it! But my knee feels better for the rest-up. I hate to hex it, but I did lose 1 pound today... after not losing for EVER. (it seems!) I will have to see if its a fluke tomorrow.... fingers crossed!

OK, Maybe Meg in Nola has kick-started something. I hit goal this morning!

Lynda

Congrats Lynda!!! Look at your BMI!!! OMG!!!

Do we get some photos???

Just thought I would mention this... I measured tonight (thanks for reminding me feedyoureye) and in the last two mths I have lost an inch from my waist and 1/2 inch from my ribs- under the bust. So, ok the scales isn't moving but my body is changing albeit slightly! That makes a 41inch loss in total - that is 3ft 5inches... a little person's height...lol. It looks a lot when you see it on the tape measure!!

I've been googling ways to bust a weight loss stall and I'm ticking all the right boxes except the exercise one. I REALLY need to see my physio, to get this back/groin problem sorted so I can start training properly. This is the only thing that I haven't changed in the last 4-6 weeks.

The other thing I am going to try is to increase my Water a little more. I was rubbish at this at the beginning of the year, I have got better but there is still room for improvement... so I will stick with the food intake as it is and increase Water. At least that way I feel like I am being proactive.

How is everyone else doing... good weekend?

YAY!!! So glad that the measurements are 'shifting'...hang in there Coops!

OK, I am having computer issues, so I'm just gong to pop in and say, hang in there, everyone! Coops, so sorry to hear you are in pain, and I hope it gets better soon. GT, here's hoping your new strategy works. As to me, I keep complaining about sugar, so I am going to have NO SUGAR for a month and we'll see what that nets me....fingers crossed!

You ever have one of those days where you wake up, and you just feel swollen and heavy, and you just know the scale is going to have bad news? Yeah, that was today for me. While watching the NCAA championship last night I ate a small piece of pepperoni pizza, one meatball, and about 2 tablespoons of bean dip. I weighed myself this morning and?

Up five pounds since a week ago, 9 pounds from my all time gall-bladder induced lowest. I may feel awesome at 11-1400 calories and have awesome energy at the gym but my fucked up body (excuse me) gains weight apparently if I do anything other than starvation 600. I am so miserable frightened angry upset right now, I have no words.

I'm totally with you on this one. Even though my surgeon told me I only need to lose 1 - 2 lbs. I can't get the scale to go now. I increased my calories like she suggested, gave myself a free weekend also, and today, the scale went up. WTH! I know that during the day, my ring gets really loose, and in the morning it's snug. I'm waiting for the ring to just drop off my finger and then I will know that I'm good to go. Such a small significance the ring thing, but that's where my mind is.

I know that recently I watched 60 minutes and they were discussing the addictive process of sugar on everyone. They reported it as powerful as cocaine. So today, I will be cutting the sugar out as much as humanly possible. See if that helps drop some additional weight.

I am so tired of this frustration that I just want to give up. But that is the old me. The new me saids to keep going and see what happens. This is a life change. ;)

You ever have one of those days where you wake up, and you just feel swollen and heavy, and you just know the scale is going to have bad news? Yeah, that was today for me. While watching the NCAA championship last night I ate a small piece of pepperoni pizza, one meatball, and about 2 tablespoons of bean dip. I weighed myself this morning and?

Up five pounds since a week ago, 9 pounds from my all time gall-bladder induced lowest. I may feel awesome at 11-1400 calories and have awesome energy at the gym but my fucked up body (excuse me) gains weight apparently if I do anything other than starvation 600. I am so miserable frightened angry upset right now, I have no words.

Globetrotter...

sounds like you had a bad day!

Listen... i hope this doesn't come across as rude... but you really are being sooo bloody hard on yourself. If someone else said the same things about you, as you say about yourself, what would you do? You have already lost a WHOLE person! Not just a few pounds... but a huge amount of pounds!

We know the body doesn't want to get rid of the last of the weight... and you really are doing what you can at this moment in time... just keep doing it!

I understand what you say, honestly I do, 'cos when I read your posts it is like you have been in my head. But I stop myself being mean to me... instead, I try to look for all the good things... and yes, this is hard and yes, it doesn't always happen but I am work in progress.

I too feel desperate to get to goal... I too have between 14-30lbs of fat left on me, hanging around and it is horrible. But I am at the stage now, where I refuse to let it burden me as it did when I was 70lbs heavier.

As far as the cals go... we both know that 600 cals a day is bloody awful, not only for the body, but for the mind! You can't survive on that...? Can you? I know I can't. Anything below 800 and I feel like sh*t!

Stay with the cals that you feel your best at... where you funtion at your best physically and mentally. It might take time, but your body will thank you for it.

Try to kick the rubbish food... perhaps give yourself a day or two where you can have your sugar fix without the guilt that follows it.

GT... keep doing what you are doing, cos, whether you believe it or not, you are already a success and you have made such a huge difference to YOU already.

Sorry that this is long winded... and I really hope that I haven't spoken out of turn... It is all meant with respect and love! x