Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Honestly, I've never been bothered about wearing a swimsuit, at any weight -- though it's a bit more difficult now that I have these weird melted thighs. But still, I really think there's no way to sort it in your head first, in my opinion -- you just have to put that thing on and strut about like you own the place. Brazen it out, you'll soon feel just fine... Plus, it's usually just a short walk between the lockers and the pool, so it's not like you have to be out and about in it much. GO COOPS!!!

Coops, you've given me inspiration to get my own new swimsuit in preparation for getting to the pool and exercising!! We have a beautiful pool on campus where I teach, and faculty are allowed/encouraged to use the health facilities... now, you know I haven't done that, because I hate exercising--which is so NOT a good excuse or a reason for anything. I've just been practicing avoidance about it, and there's not a reason. If you can get a bathing suit, I can get a bathing suit, and I can get my butt into the pool.

Swizzly, I, too, have "melted thighs" (love the description, even though I definitely do NOT love the thighs!), and I'm hoping that swimming with all the kicking will help get things a little less melted looking.

I'm going to get to goal soon, I hope, but I don't know if that's really "the" goal for me. I just arbitrarily picked 190 as a goal weight because I remember being 190 at some point in my thinner past. My surgeon didn't set a goal, and my nutritionist said 212 (I think I'm remembering that wrong--that would keep me in the "overweight" category). I'm at a BMI of 25.0 right now, so one more pound until "normal" BMI, but I really don't know where my body is going to end up weight- or size-wise. I'm okay with that, in a strange sort of way. It's not like I would be doing anything radically different as far as eating goes if I were actively trying to lose or actively trying to maintain. Is that strange? My sleeve just tolerates particular foods, and that's what I eat. I mean, I stay away from things I know are horrid for me (for the most part), but I don't count anything. I decided at the beginning of my journey that I was going to eat healthfully, I was going to relax, and I was going to establish a "new normal" for myself that was closer in line with what "naturally thin" people did. I think I've managed that from the eating perspective, but the puzzle piece of exercise still isn't fitting for me.

I think things will tighten up with exercise, yes? Maybe? I'm 49, so maybe not.... experienced exercisers, do you truly notice a difference in how your body is shaped? Sort of a stupid question, really, because I'm sure you do, but help me get motivated here!! I'm happy with my weight loss so far and with my anticipated goal, but not happy with my level of fitness or "tautness," if you get my drift. I jiggle WAY more than I did before being sleeved--I guess all that fat was tightly packed or something.

Swizzly, my friend, you are right! And thank you for being honest... I have to MAN UP and get the hell on with it!!

But it isn't my legs that I worry about! It's the tummy! Big flabby belly... ergh! I will have to practice walking around the house, breathing in whilst keeping a 'normal' look on my face! It is all about the confidence, I'm hoping that going swimming will help my confidence as I really struggle in this part of 'me'!

Megs, good on you my lovely! Getting moving will really make you feel great! Find something that you LOVE.. it might take time trying new things, but the rewards are worth it!

I have a lot of muscle now; my husband who is a hairy arsed copper (policeman) said he would die for the muscles in my calves! My thight muscles are ok too - the inside is a lil wobbly but that is ok! I have a strong core and there wasn't a load of fat on it I am sure I would see muscle definition there too! I still have bat wings but they are getting better and my pecs are looking better and better.

This is why I get soooo frustrated when I can't train!

I am hoping to go back to the boxing gym tomo, see how it goes!

C'mon girls... lets get moving...lol

I will do ANYTHING to get to my bloody goal at this stage! =]

But it isn't my legs that I worry about! It's the tummy! Big flabby belly... ergh!

Oh, what kind of suit did you get? Mine has this 'miracle' thing going on that sucks in my stomach more than a pair of Spanx. :-o Do you have one of those tummy-sucking-in suits too? They really do work, and keep things all tight and stable. Unlike my flapping thighs LOL. Anyhow, I've seen your photos, and I really think you'll look athletic and cute in your suit.

Oh, what kind of suit did you get? Mine has this 'miracle' thing going on that sucks in my stomach more than a pair of Spanx. :-o Do you have one of those tummy-sucking-in suits too? They really do work, and keep things all tight and stable. Unlike my flapping thighs LOL. Anyhow, I've seen your photos, and I really think you'll look athletic and cute in your suit.

Hey,

I've seen those 'suck em in' ones but doubted them ... lol ... ever the cynical!! I've just gone for a Speedo type thing. Mid leg and racing back. Hoping it will fit me now as I am starting to get in the zone.

Oh I love the thing about looking athletic...heheheeee... not a word I would normally use to describe myself!! x

Hey...how are we all doing?

I managed to get to the boxing gym tonight. I took it easy(ish) and managed to complete the whole hour. I have to say, I feel sooo much better for going.

Second day on the 1200 cals, and hoping that this will help the scale move. Not sure though, but we'll see. I am just trying to change things to see if they work for me. Not sure what I am doing 'wrong' here... but I ain't giving up on myself!!

So glad to hear you have gotten well enough to hit the gym again!

Yaaaay! I've been out of the loop for a couple of days, but great to hear you are on the mend, Coops! I have been doing a bit of running and also a bit of of lifting. But, today, I ran into some friends at the gym and did a BRUTAL workout with them. I loved it. I forget sometimes how helpful it is to have workout buddies. So, I'm going to try to meet with them more often because I work out so much harder with them. Anyhoo.... keep on, keepin' on girls! This our year!

Okay, checking in over here and waiting for the day our lovely Coops tells us that she strutted her stuff at the pool!

I have some wonderful news to share!!!!

I FINALLY AM NO LONGER OBESE(according to the BMI scale!) WOW! I've been waiting over 15 months for that WORD to disappear from my medical profile. WOW.

However, this week was bad workout-wise and I'm wondering if that is partly why I finally slipped below >30 on the chart. My whole family has been sick, started with my oldest (11 yo) DD, she got strep. Then my hubby was sick. Then my youngest DD (9 yo) got strep and I finally went and got tested but it came back neg. So I muddled through the week, (starting feeling ill Mon. night) and today, Sun AM I think I am finally better. So I did not hardly work out at ALL this week, and I can feel it. I plan to get some exercise today, and again on Mon. and hopefully get back up to where I was before falling ill.

So other than being SICK, this was a great week since I finally am no longer medically obese!!! :horn:

That is great news! Many congratulations to you and your fantastic 98 pound loss! You are getting soooo close to your goal. The sleeve is a great partner in getting to our goals. Keep up the good work... I know you will!

Heyyyyy y'all!!! I'm in!!! I've decided to start toning up and working on my core section. Since my lipo's I have been zooming in on my stomach and it needs WORRKKK!! Yowzaa... I really don't care about the scale to be perfectly honest. Well, if ya know me, y'all already know that. But... I want to get ready for this Summer. Lean hawt machine is my new goal.

Yeahh!! I know all of you ROCK and all of you can do this. Lotsa love!! Xox

Oh and last night I went out to Big 5 and bought some Kettlebells and a Medicine ball, equipped with some DVD's that came with. Fun!!! :)) February is gonna be kick butt.

Okay, checking in over here and waiting for the day our lovely Coops tells us that she strutted her stuff at the pool!

I have some wonderful news to share!!!!

I FINALLY AM NO LONGER OBESE(according to the BMI scale!) WOW! I've been waiting over 15 months for that WORD to disappear from my medical profile. WOW.

However, this week was bad workout-wise and I'm wondering if that is partly why I finally slipped below >30 on the chart. My whole family has been sick, started with my oldest (11 yo) DD, she got strep. Then my hubby was sick. Then my youngest DD (9 yo) got strep and I finally went and got tested but it came back neg. So I muddled through the week, (starting feeling ill Mon. night) and today, Sun AM I think I am finally better. So I did not hardly work out at ALL this week, and I can feel it. I plan to get some exercise today, and again on Mon. and hopefully get back up to where I was before falling ill.

So other than being SICK, this was a great week since I finally am no longer medically obese!!! :horn:

CONGRATS DARLIN'!!!! Xox

Diva, so glad you are joining us! I am down 2 lbs, which is not huge, but after the scale not moving for so long, I am excited to see it! I worked out HARD last week, and I'm doing a sort of boot camp style training with some gym buddies, so I am thinking I should take measurements, because I am for sure going to put on some muscle! Coops, can't wait to hear about you strutting your stuff in the gym! xoxo