Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gonna Get To Goal. Wanna Join Me?

Coops, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. I'd say you could also try swimming for exercise. I am considering running in the Water because my knee is bugging me (grrrr.....). I am going to try to stay focused even when the scale is not cooperating because I feel like the little binges I do when the scale isn't moving ultimately hurts me. Also, maybe considering lifting more weights so that even if you aren't doing as much cardio you are still building strength. You can do it! I believe in you!

...my knee is bugging me (grrrr.....)

Yeah, I'll GRRR with you on that one, as mine's been giving me grief as well. Gah! I injured it YEARS ago, why is it making a fuss again now? I did find out from my trainer that I was doing the elliptical wrong (who knew??) and using my toes too much instead of my heels, so when I focus on making the effort from my heels, my knee does much better. But honesty, who gets a flippin injury ON THE ELLIPTICAL?! Oy. Next up: Walking injury?

Hmph.

Coops, you're my stick-with-it inspiration so you can't give up!! :) My scales move so slowly as to be undetectable these days... I'm at 70 kg since at least a month now, would love to see a "6" in first position there any day now...!

Keep going, everyone -- we are doing it, we will continue to do it!!!

These past two weeks, I have really been focusing on exercise. I have an elliptical and have worked up to 23 minutes continuously in the mornings. I really had "jelly legs" starting out when I would hit the 5 minute mark. Once I get to 30 minutes continuously, then I am going to start doing the challenging programs on it, rather than a continuous level of resistence.

I am also doing ZUMBA in the evenings and Saturday mornings. I have gone Saturday, Monday and Tuesday so far this week (6 X per week is available).

I am currently doing a job search - so the exercise helps me in two ways. It is getting me closer to my goal (those last 10 pounds) and it is helping me with my nerves / mood swings due to looking for work.

Coops, I wish I had a boxing gym close - I used to do a boxing routine with a trainer and loved it. Sounds like you are a fierce competitor with boxing! Way to go!

I've had a "no stairs" rule for the last couple of weeks. Trying to get some extra walking in whenever I can. Still working to get "real" exercise in..... time and "want to" factor!

The more good habits we develop the better... even if it doesn't show up on the scale... better quality veggies and food, more Water, eating a little slower... affirmations in the mirror in the morning and evening... new shade of lipstick...learning a new recipe, deluxe shower gel, learning a new word in the dictionary every day... saving all your change for a nice haircut or trip to the museum..... this makeover is bigger than the scale! So while doing all the right things most of the time, don't forget to enjoy the moment.

FeedYourEye, that was so brilliantly said! I think you are sooo right. I find that when I don't lose, I get discouraged and then my behavior gets inconsistent. I need to just focus on the habits and believe that the pounds will follow! And enjoy all the little changes....

The more good habits we develop the better... even if it doesn't show up on the scale... better quality veggies and food, more Water, eating a little slower... affirmations in the mirror in the morning and evening... new shade of lipstick...learning a new recipe, deluxe shower gel, learning a new word in the dictionary every day... saving all your change for a nice haircut or trip to the museum..... this makeover is bigger than the scale! So while doing all the right things most of the time, don't forget to enjoy the moment.

Just absolutely *love* this! Wonderful advice from a wonderful lady!

Just absolutely *love* this! Wonderful advice from a wonderful lady!

Just reminding myself! Another trick is when you are on top of things, and confidence is flowing... write yourself a little note.... to be opened when you need it most!

Coops, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. I'd say you could also try swimming for exercise. I am considering running in the Water because my knee is bugging me (grrrr.....). I am going to try to stay focused even when the scale is not cooperating because I feel like the little binges I do when the scale isn't moving ultimately hurts me. Also, maybe considering lifting more weights so that even if you aren't doing as much cardio you are still building strength. You can do it! I believe in you!

Hiya Lila..

great suggestion re swimming, in fact my hubby mentioned this to me also. The only problem with it is the psychological one... I can't stand the thought of going to the swimming pool, in public in my swimming costume. Now, this might sound really stupid as before I lost weight I used to go weekly. It makes me feel sorta pathetic... I am 'working' on this... I need to 'fix' my head as well as my groin/leg...lol.

Perhaps I should buy a new swim suit - one that fits me - and then if it is there I would feel guilty about spending money on something that I haven't used...??

Yeah, I'll GRRR with you on that one, as mine's been giving me grief as well. Gah! I injured it YEARS ago, why is it making a fuss again now? I did find out from my trainer that I was doing the elliptical wrong (who knew??) and using my toes too much instead of my heels, so when I focus on making the effort from my heels, my knee does much better. But honesty, who gets a flippin injury ON THE ELLIPTICAL?! Oy. Next up: Walking injury?

Hmph.

Coops, you're my stick-with-it inspiration so you can't give up!! :smile1: My scales move so slowly as to be undetectable these days... I'm at 70 kg since at least a month now, would love to see a "6" in first position there any day now...!

Keep going, everyone -- we are doing it, we will continue to do it!!!

Swizzly,

Have you been speaking with my hubby...he says I am like a dog with a stick and that I won't let anything go...lol

I simply can't give up... not yet. I have moments where I want to put my face in an ice cream tub and drown in sugar... but I don't. I keep reminding myself that this lil tummy of mine cost the same as taking my family on hoilday twice over...

that said, it is hard when the scale isn't behaving and I can't train! But the groin/back is getting better.

Thank you for kind words... they really do help!

So, it is three weeks now... and still now scale movement! Arghhhhh! This week I upped my cals a lil, 1000-1100, still in my bounce region! *sighs* I did start to think that I should work on accepting where I am and letting go... but then I just CAN'T!! I feel that if I do that, I will let you lot down, my family down but most importantly, I will let myself down and settle for second best. I am worth more than that, right?

I am hoping that once I get back to exercise that things will get better, if only in my head space! Frustration is here and doesn't seem to be going away... but I fight it every day and I am renaming myself Coops the Determined! Lol!

This might sound a lil weird, but I still love reading your posts about losing and getting nearer and nearer goal. So, please... keep em coming!

This site really does help me and the friends that I have made here are invaluable, and I really mean that. I just wish we could all get together and have a group hug!! (sh*t, does that sound a lil too cheesy...hehehe! You know what I mean though!)

Thank you for your continued support, kind words and encouragement...

2012 will be our year, one way or another!

Hiya Lila..

great suggestion re swimming, in fact my hubby mentioned this to me also. The only problem with it is the psychological one... I can't stand the thought of going to the swimming pool, in public in my swimming costume. Now, this might sound really stupid as before I lost weight I used to go weekly. It makes me feel sorta pathetic... I am 'working' on this... I need to 'fix' my head as well as my groin/leg...lol.

Perhaps I should buy a new swim suit - one that fits me - and then if it is there I would feel guilty about spending money on something that I haven't used...??

Coops, have you ever seen "modesty" suits? I have thought about it a time or two...

http://www.simply-modest.com/posecom/index.php

or I sometimes wear a T or a mens white cotton dress shirt over my suit. I have also worn capri length yoga pants with my suit. I just bought a two piece tankini... have not worn it yet, but someday!

This is so what I needed! I'm a slow loser. I need to get back on track. I am so happy to have found this! I have 80lbs to goal and hope to accomplish that by the end of 2012! I'm in!!

Ok, just thought I would make this public...lol... I've bought myself a new swimming costume. Thought it was a good idea to go and now that I will have one that (hopefully) fits, it might spur me on to go and sort my head out...lol

All I need now is for you guys to nag me to go!! I should be here by the end of the week, so I am thinking the Friday after? That gives me two weeks to work on my head!!