Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So I'm not post opt yet, in fact I am just starting my surgery. But I was wondering for those who already had their sleeve. What was the rule on stairs after surgery? I've hear lots I'd walking but are stairs out of the question?

Stairs weren't out of the question for me. I regularly climb about 6 flights of stairs at work -- it is so much easier since being sleeved. :) (Before being sleeved, I used to take the elevator up and the stairs down; now I use the stairs both ways.)

The only restriction I had was that I couldn't pick up anything over a certain weight, and I couldn't do exercises that targeted my core area. I had to wait for that.

I was sleeved on Dec. 13th so I'm 7 days post op now. My bedroom is up about 25 stairs and ever since i came home from the hospital I've been going up and down them. They don't affect or hurt the stomach at all as it is different muscles that you use. The only thing I would warn you of is being careful not to fall especially since you will be feeling very weak and tired at times especially if you are still taking pain meds when you get home. Good luck to you!

Thanks you guys. My bedroom is downstairs while the bathroom and main part of the house is upstairs so I was just trying to figure out if I would need to stay in the guest room (which is upstairs where the bathroom is) or if the stairs would be ok

I agree witht he others. I had to walk across campus and up stairs to get to my classes a week after surgery. I did fine with it. but go slow because like frumpy no more said you might feel weak and tired and you dont want to fall down them. good luck with your surgery hope you have a smooth recovery!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 0 replies
    • KeeWee

It's been 10 long years! Here is my VSG weight loss surgiversary update..
      https://www.ae1bmerchme.com/post/10-year-surgiversary-update-for-2024 
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches