Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2012 Sleevers!

Hey Michelle- how are you doing a few days out? Let us know!!

Is everyone getting ready? How about those that are already done? I've got all of my grocery (well, Soup shopping) done and I'm completely stocked up on tons of different Protein Drinks and Isopure as well. I so ready to get the surgery done and over with. The thought of surgery freaks me out just a little bit but not enough to stop me :)

I'm with you Pink_140! I have a few errands to run tomorrow (post-op Rx to pick up, some Clear Liquids stuff to buy from Target) and then I'm heading for the surgeon Monday morning at 7:15am!! By noon on Monday I should be sleeved!! I'm at the point I just want it done so I can get through the first two weeks post-op!

I'm with you Pink_140! I have a few errands to run tomorrow (post-op Rx to pick up, some clear liquids stuff to buy from Target) and then I'm heading for the surgeon Monday morning at 7:15am!! By noon on Monday I should be sleeved!! I'm at the point I just want it done so I can get through the first two weeks post-op!

Good luck to you both! I'm on my preop diet right now, and I still have a few odds and ends to pick up. Otherwise, Thursday can't get here fast enough.

Jan 17th for me. liquid diet starts tomorrow. Boo!

I am in pre-op diet hell. This is day three and I am so friggin HUNGRY! I resisted when the rest of the family had pizzarria pizza and bread for dinner. We even had company and I just drank my shake. I was proud of my willpower. But now I am so hungry. I don't know how I can do this until the 18th.

I am in pre-op diet hell. This is day three and I am so friggin HUNGRY! I resisted when the rest of the family had pizzarria pizza and bread for dinner. We even had company and I just drank my shake. I was proud of my willpower. But now I am so hungry. I don't know how I can do this until the 18th.

weight.png

Em, are you getting enough Protein? I am in Pre op hell to as I'm sleeved om the 17th but I'm not feeling hungry. I can only attribute this to getting in 70 grams of Protein a day. I'm sorry you are miserable and hope this helps some. I just keep counting Dow just 1 day at a time and it will be worth it. Good luck!

Tracy

My Doc has me doing 4-5 Slim Fast 3-2-1 shakes per day....I have eaten Soup the last two days instead of one of the shakes. There are only 10 grams of Protein in each shake. I was wondering if I am getting enough. Boo..the nurse said that I can have a broth soup in the evening if I am really hungry. But she said really nothing besides sugar free drinks and the shakes.

weight.png

You could ask her if you could try upping the Protein and see if that works. This is hard enough without feeling starved

It's 11:26pm, and my pre-op liquid diet starts tomorrow.... of the mass of "food funeral" food I bought, I still have two frozen pizzas left... debating staying up all night just so the food doesn't go to waste tongue.png

Edited by Anakin Jay

Monday is so soon!! You are so lucky! I don't fly out until Thursday and then Friday is surgery! I wish it was sooner. I'm curious to see how it is for you. Post as soon as possible to let us all know. I'm ready to begin the post-op process. I thought for sure that the concept of a food funeral was complete BS and I was so wrong! I'm glad I don't have any type of pre-op diet... That would be a tough one for me. Good luck to all of you and just think soon we will all be on the road to recovery! We are going to rock our sleeves!!

I am scheduled for band to sleeve revision on Jan. 23! I start my liquid diet (Barissentials) on Monday :( Not looking forward to that, but 2 weeks is minor in the grand scheme!! Sending blessings to all of us January sleevers and am glad there are so many of us to support each other!

I'm starting my liquid diet today... it's 1:30 and I have had 67 grams of Protein so far. This feels like a good start and it's definitely keeping me full (for now).

I do, however, think I may take a nap. ;)

Good luck, everyone!