Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How many people have you've told about your sleeve?

How many people have you told about your Gastric Sleeve Operation?

There are 7 co-workers/friends I have told about it and handful of my small family that know.

Prior to surgery I was keeping it on the down low and only telling a few. I had told my immediate family, parents, brother/sister in law, about 4 friends and my co-workers & boss. Now, since I've been sleeved, I don't mind telling people and I've been telling more than more. I've only been sleeved a week now, but I think when I start noticeable losing a lot of weight, and if people ask me how, I will tell the truth. I just feel like now that its all over with, no one can give me a negative reaction about having surgery (not that anyone has) because i've already done it and can't undo it.

I am like Fusilli. Before the op I only told nearest and dearest, however now I dont mind talking about. Work is especially curious as I took 2 weeks off to get the op. I am grateful that so far everyone has been so supportive. It also makes it easier when I am out and about, nowadays I have been getting share plates (with friends) and I have a few bites and then everyone else can finish the rest. So far it works.

I only told my closest people. However, I eventually went ahead and told an extended family member, who I thought would benefit. Should have kept it to myself because that person has now broken my confidence and the whole extended fam knows. It's just not necessary for everyone to know personal/medical information. I'm a rather private person so I am quite disappointed.

I only told my

Parents but I find myself meeting random people who have had a family member who has had wls. So many people have done this surgery!

I'm really open and told all my family and friends that I see on a regular basis. I didn't post it on Facebook so more distant family and friends don't know.

Lynda

Only my husband, kids, mother, sister, and the two people who told me about their surgeries. I like it that way. Women can be so catty and I don't really want people talking about me behind my back. I know they would!

I told a few friends, immediate family & a few of my co-workers. Basically people I felt needed to know and I knew would keep the information to themselves.

I'm probably not the normal but I only told one person, my boyfriend. I am really private about my personal life and didn't want anyone at work to know. My family doesn't live close to me, so I didn't see any reason in telling them either. That is why these forums are so great for me to talk with others about it and who really understand it. It's funny because my boyfriend didn't see how I would be able to hide the liquid diet and all, but not one person has noticed. :D Same at work too, they know I am dieting and exercising but that's it.

Im with Ellie4me,

I only told my husband. I have two adult children, and a wonderful extended family but I do not need their approval. I also prefer not to deal with all the added opinions, I have enough with planning and preparing to fill my time.

I actually had a hysterectomy a few years ago and did not enjoy all that attention. That was a worse feeling than the surgery.

I plan on being sleeved in the beginning of 2012 so I started a diet now so when I am slowly losing it won't be that shocking. I have gained and lost over the years so not to many will be surprised.

I must say, my fellow coworkers are clucking hen women that stand around and gossip about anything and everything, so I thought let them wonder. lol .

The reason I do not tell my kids is they will completely freak about going to MX, and that topic will become my daughters new drama in her social circle. I might share it with them after I return and heal but I have to see how I feel about it then.

We travel frequently through out our state so they won't think anything of us being gone.

Im with Ellie4me,

I only told my husband. I have two adult children, and a wonderful extended family but I do not need their approval. I also prefer not to deal with all the added opinions, I have enough with planning and preparing to fill my time.

I actually had a hysterectomy a few years ago and did not enjoy all that attention. That was a worse feeling than the surgery.

I plan on being sleeved in the beginning of 2012 so I started a diet now so when I am slowly losing it won't be that shocking. I have gained and lost over the years so not to many will be surprised.

I must say, my fellow coworkers are clucking hen women that stand around and gossip about anything and everything, so I thought let them wonder. lol .

The reason I do not tell my kids is they will completely freak about going to MX, and that topic will become my daughters new drama in her social circle. I might share it with them after I return and heal but I have to see how I feel about it then.

We travel frequently through out our state so they won't think anything of us being gone.

Sounds like we have the same life, except that my kids are teenagers and my daughter would have freaked out about MX and worried herself sick along with it being the new drama of the month. And if anyone at work even had any idea it would be the newest hottest topic for them to gossip about. No thank you.

Only my husband, parents, sis and bro-in-law know. I don't plan on telling anyone else. I've been dieting since August 1st and had surgery Sept 1st. People at work notice me drinking Protein Shakes and losing weight. I told them I'm doing the high Protein and low carb thing. Nobody suspects WLS and I'll keep it that way. It's nobody's business. I excercise hard and eat less. That's all they need to know. I'm just not going to open up that can at work. I would regret it.

just one out of 3 of my kids, my husband, my best friend and my doctor. im keeping it that way.

Only shared with 2 people. My husband and good friend (who can keep a secret). Didn't feel my medical info was anyone else business. To each his own. Best of luck on this wonderful journey...