Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I haven't been sleeved yet, but hope to in early December. Here is my question. For those of you who have lost 100 plus pounds, or are more than a year out of surgery...are you hungry? Does your hunger slowly come back? Thanks for your insite : )

I would be interested in hearing the answers to this as well. My dr said about 80% will not get their hunger back but 20% do. My dad who had the bypass got his hunger back after about a year but it's no where near where it was pre-surgery.

I haven't lost 100 lbs. yet but am somewhat close. The hunger has not come back but I do find I am eating more than I did when I first had the surgery. Then, I was totally not hungry. Now, I do pick and graze more (bad habits die hard) but I also cannot eat as much as I once did so it is not as bad...

I haven't been sleeved yet, but hope to in early December. Here is my question. For those of you who have lost 100 plus pounds, or are more than a year out of surgery...are you hungry? Does your hunger slowly come back? Thanks for your insite : )

I'm only two and a half months out and I definitely experience hunger.. I have since about the 2 month mark. And it isn't head hunger.. it is real hunger. I think it is normal to get your hunger back .. survival instinct and all. The hunger isn't bad though and all you have to do is eat a boiled egg and you are pretty much full..lol So even though I get hungry I don't worry because it is simple to fix. :)

I'm 11 months out. I do get hungry. Of course, nowhere close to what I used to get before the surgery and it can usually be satiated after eating 2-3 ounces. I do eat every 2-3 hours (still only eat around 1000-1200 calories a day). It just works better for me.

I'm three months out and have lost 50 pounds. I do get hunger but it's not intense like it was before the surgery. And like itscometothis has said I eat some small meal and it's gone. I also notice that if I drink a caffinated beverage like coffee or tea I feel hunger alot more and if I eat bread....other than that it's nowhere near at all the intense I have to eat half the fridge kind of hunger....

I lost 100 over a year but first 65 was diet before surgery and last 40 post surgery at 2 1/2 months. I don't know about feeling hungry versus just wanting to eat "normal" junk food at times, I have ice cream once in awhile and still losing weight. I still get cravings for the junk foods and find it tempting now that I am near goal to say "it is only few extra calories."

Not everyone completely loses their hunger. Actually from what i've read it seems like most people still get hungry, they just get full a heck of a lot faster! I am only a month out and I am very lucky that I have NO hunger at all. I have to remind myself to eat. Also from what i've read it seems like most people who didn't have hunger start to get more of an appetite at the 6 month mark.

I'm 5 weeks out and I get hungry. So then I eat. But I'm having trouble eating - it wants to come back up as acid reflux....don't know what I'm doing wrong. Seeing my doctor in a few days and will ask him. On the plus size, I've lost 39 pounds....

I don't get hungry like I did pre-surgery. If I haven't eaten in a long time, I do get syptoms that tell me it's time to eat, but it's more like an empty stomach feeling. Rarely does my stomach actually grumble. I enjoy food and can eat more, but I could mostly pass on it without batting an eye and can easily go a very long time without eating.

It's 11am and I'm eating for the first time today, not because I was really hungry but because it's the healthy thing to do. And while the chicken teriyaki is delicious, it's more of a chore I have to get done so I can run my errands and go to work.

I hope I explained it well.

I was sleeved 3.5 months ago and I still get hungry physically and mentally. I am still coming to terms with the hold that eating/food has on me psychologically. If I am upset I have the urge to graze, I'm just not able to fit the amount in that I had been.

I lost 100 over a year but first 65 was diet before surgery and last 40 post surgery at 2 1/2 months. I don't know about feeling hungry versus just wanting to eat "normal" junk food at times' date=' I have ice cream once in awhile and still losing weight. I still get cravings for the junk foods and find it tempting now that I am near goal to say "it is only few extra calories."[/quote']

I'm surprised your insurance let you move forward with such great weight loss preop. I wish I had been more diligent before my upcoming surgery.

I'm 11 months out. I do get hungry. Of course' date=' nowhere close to what I used to get before the surgery and it can usually be satiated after eating 2-3 ounces. I do eat every 2-3 hours (still only eat around 1000-1200 calories a day). It just works better for me.[/quote']

How r u doing now, looks like you are about 2 yrs out....did u hit goal, how many calories do u now? Do u eat "crap"?