Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How is weight loss for people over 50?

I can't wait to get my fill. It just doesn't seem right that I can eat pizza with no trouble what so ever. I had 2 pieces today. I made sure it was cheese pizza and I counted the calories and worked out

very hard this morning. I just can't resist when my friends want to take me to lunch. I am still scared to get on the scale tomorrow.

It's so weird to me that just a few weeks ago, I could barely drink a Protein Drink, and what was supposed to be a slight unfill, and now I can eat pizza. not making me happy.

Hi Ya'll,

Just went to the latest CMMC Bariatric Seminar (11-15-07). I went to one about 3 mos. ago. This one seemed to be more informative. My wife went with me this time. We both were more excited with CMMC's program. They seem to be very commited to this program and the before & after surgery commitments to their patients.

Medicare should be giving the hospital the OK in the next few weeks. it's getting closer. :bored

I just baught the book "Before & After-living and eating well after weight loss surgery" by Susan Maria Leach. Just started reading it, it seems to be a very good informative book of her surgery with many helpful before & after surgery recipes. Also with many Q&A's, etc.; etc..

That's it for now, Don

Hi Ya'll,

Just went to the latest CMMC Bariatric Seminar (11-15-07). I went to one about 3 mos. ago. This one seemed to be more informative. My wife went with me this time. We both were more excited with CMMC's program. They seem to be very commited to this program and the before & after surgery commitments to their patients.

Medicare should be giving the hospital the OK in the next few weeks. it's getting closer. :bored

I just baught the book "Before & After-living and eating well after weight loss surgery" by Susan Maria Leach. Just started reading it, it seems to be a very good informative book of her surgery with many helpful before & after surgery recipes. Also with many Q&A's, etc.; etc..

That's it for now, Don

That's great news, Don! I hope it works out for you soon! If you get a chance, you might also read Khaliah Ali's book, Fighting Weight, which is specific to lap-band surgery. Lots of good info in there, too, and it's a quick read. Good luck!

That's great news, Don! I hope it works out for you soon! If you get a chance, you might also read Khaliah Ali's book, Fighting Weight, which is specific to lap-band surgery. Lots of good info in there, too, and it's a quick read. Good luck!

Thanks Longhorn, (what's our real name if you don't mind),

I'll give that book a look.

To the others, I sure enjoy all the things you'll talk about, some funny, some sad.

On the Bra subject, hope you don't mind a man talking on this subject; My wife never wears a Bra anymore. When she goes out of the house she will wear a vest she like to be a little more modist. Of course I don't mind this abit. (LOL)

Don

Thanks Longhorn, (what's our real name if you don't mind),

I'll give that book a look.

Don

I hope you like it! I didn't read it until the first few days after surgery but she helped verify a lot of my understandings and gave me an idea of how things were going to proceed. The doctors write parts of the book, too.

My real name is a bit too unique for me to post on a public board. Sorry but if you don't like Longhorns, you're welcome to call me L. :)

I hope you like it! I didn't read it until the first few days after surgery but she helped verify a lot of my understandings and gave me an idea of how things were going to proceed. The doctors write parts of the book, too.

My real name is a bit too unique for me to post on a public board. Sorry but if you don't like Longhorns, you're welcome to call me L. :)

I have no problem with "Longhorn". Just thought I would ask. Some people give it, some people don't. That's why these forums a such a great place to talk, exchange idea , tell each other how we are doing or just chit-chat.

Sincerly, Don

Do you have a pre-op diet???

If so what is it?

Thanks...Carol

No actually my M.D. said I did not have to have a special pre-op diet since my BMI was not real high. He said he did not think he would have any problems with my liver.

I am so original, my sign in name is Denise. I didn't like the idea of

being called anything but my name.

I wish I would get back to losing. I have been the same weight for 2 months now. up and down up and down, but can't get below 160.

I am so mad at myself. I have been eating! For two days! The result - gained 4 lbs! Why does it take a week of near starvation and exercising to lose 1 or 2 lbs and only 2 days to gain 4???? It would seem to me that I would have to eat non stop for those 2 days to gain that much but I just made wrong choices - had candy and Desserts too. The only thing I can say on my behalf is that I lasted longer than usual before giving in. Now the problem I face is trying to gear up to start all over again. Just before Thanksgiving! Yeah Right! I thought having the band would help me not yo yo diet but so far I have had no results from the band at all!!!! The worst part is my DIL sent me pics of my grandsons and I on our trip to San Diego Zoo when I was there for my fill. AWFUL! And as much as I want to see my granddaughters in Dec. I hate the thought of the pics. This is not the way I want them to remember their Grandma. I only have myself to blame!

:):hungry::help:

I am so mad at myself. I have been eating! For two days! The result - gained 4 lbs! Why does it take a week of near starvation and exercising to lose 1 or 2 lbs and only 2 days to gain 4???? It would seem to me that I would have to eat non stop for those 2 days to gain that much but I just made wrong choices - had candy and desserts too. The only thing I can say on my behalf is that I lasted longer than usual before giving in. Now the problem I face is trying to gear up to start all over again. Just before Thanksgiving! Yeah Right! I thought having the band would help me not yo yo diet but so far I have had no results from the band at all!!!! The worst part is my DIL sent me pics of my grandsons and I on our trip to San Diego Zoo when I was there for my fill. AWFUL! And as much as I want to see my granddaughters in Dec. I hate the thought of the pics. This is not the way I want them to remember their Grandma. I only have myself to blame!

:):hungry::help:

Start a food/excersize journal. Make it a rule to fill it in everyday no matter what. Make notes of your moods and how hungry you were before you ate and after you ate.

Hi everyone, I have been reading the forms for a couple of weeks and decided it was time for me to post. I was banded on Oct. 16, 2007, I am 69 years young. My Medicare and my secondary insurance paid for everything.

So for those of you who think you are to old for this THINK AGAIN. I live in Orange County, CA. and my doctors have no problem at all with my age, in fact I asked him if I was his oldest patient and he said he has a couple in thier 70's. I also have a heart valve problem and my cardio doctor was also all for this.

The surgery was a breeze, had to spend the night, a requirement of Medicare. I was up and about the next day, no pain at all, actually the only minor pain was from the 5 small incisions.

I have lost about 25 lbs. am getting my first fill Nov. 28. I don't really feel any restriction, so I think I am going mostly on "will power"

I don't thing age is a factor at all.

Good luck to all of you.

Jill:)

Hi everyone, I have been reading the forms for a couple of weeks and decided it was time for me to post. I was banded on Oct. 16, 2007, I am 69 years young. My Medicare and my secondary insurance paid for everything.

So for those of you who think you are to old for this THINK AGAIN. I live in Orange County, CA. and my doctors have no problem at all with my age, in fact I asked him if I was his oldest patient and he said he has a couple in thier 70's. I also have a heart valve problem and my cardio doctor was also all for this.

The surgery was a breeze, had to spend the night, a requirement of Medicare. I was up and about the next day, no pain at all, actually the only minor pain was from the 5 small incisions.

I have lost about 25 lbs. am getting my first fill Nov. 28. I don't really feel any restriction, so I think I am going mostly on "will power"

Good luck to all of you.

Yahoo! :) Welcome aboard, grrlfriend. And congratulations, eh. :car:

Good luck to all of you.

WOW!!! :whoo: That's great! I'm glad you posted Jill. You'll inspire someone else to get banded. Congratulations on your weight loss! :clap2:

I am so original, my sign in name is Denise. I didn't like the idea of

being called anything but my name.

I wish I would get back to losing. I have been the same weight for 2 months now. up and down up and down, but can't get below 160.

Denise, it sounds to me like you are beating yourself up. I can understand your frustration, I know that everyone of us who is a member of this site can relate, but do try to remember that it has been less than a year since you were banded and you, grrl, have not only already lost a significant amount of weight, you are also keeping this weight off! A very good thing, doncha think?

Remember, too, that lap band surgeons generally do consider that reaching goal is a 2 year process. Folks who achieve their goals earlier are the exceptions, not the norm. You might want to pay special attention to Jachut's posts on this issue; she is at goal but it took her a couple of years to get there and a serious commitment to physical work-outs, running, etc. Indeed, I would suggest that you do a read through of the slow losers' thread and that you might, perhaps, PM Jachut about your current frustrations.

As for the fact that your name = your sign-in, well, so what? We are now in Virtual City and we have the right to choose our sign-in identities. My sign-in identity is my real name, too. It is my surname is all. :) Green is the name I use everywhere I go whether it be Reality or Virtual City. This is the name I use for my own blog. :ranger: I am most comfortable with Green. :car: I guess I really like the colour. :(

My hubby 59 just had it Monday. He has lost around 30 pounds with his 2 week pre op surgery and a few since. He is faithful with the liquids. Hey is that a Bichon?