Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The 1st Day Of My Gastric Sleeve Surgery Journey

Lost three more pounds :0)

Sooo frustrated that I've only last one measly pound in almost 5 days now. And since surgery a little over three wks ago I've only lost 26lbs! I don't know why it has stopped. I hardly eat and I have very few calories. I walk about half hour a day. Ugh

weight.png

the less Protein you get in, the less you will lose. once you start getting in the 60-90g, you will see the weight falling off more. dont stress it. you will have stalls. stay positive love! <3

Sooo frustrated that I've only last one measly pound in almost 5 days now. And since surgery a little over three wks ago I've only lost 26lbs! I don't know why it has stopped. I hardly eat and I have very few calories. I walk about half hour a day. Ugh

weight.png

Thank you I will. U r any day now!!!! Yipeee!! Hugs!! U must b so excited. Kit! :0)

omg yes yes yes yes yes! surgery is possibly EXACTLY one month away! i meet my surgeon on the 29th. i cant wait! :D

Thank you I will. U r any day now!!!! Yipeee!! Hugs!! U must b so excited. Kit! :0)

You aren't losing because your body needs to rest and recover. Look up the dreaded 3 week stall. Sounds like your in it! As for all the throwing up, I would stay on thick liquids for longer. You don't want to throw up and put pressure on your stitches. Purée Soups and add no flavor Protein Powder to it. Make your own chicken stock ( better protein) and just drink that. Let the swelling come down then thicken the soups more and more till really thick. THEN go to thicker mushies. My doctor said it best: no one is alike. Just because you CAN move onto the next food stage, doesn't mean your body will allow you to. Listen to your body and all will be fine.

Good luck!

Thank you for the response and support and advice! I appreciate it :0)

You aren't losing because your body needs to rest and recover. Look up the dreaded 3 week stall. Sounds like your in it! As for all the throwing up, I would stay on thick liquids for longer. You don't want to throw up and put pressure on your stitches. Purée Soups and add no flavor Protein powder to it. Make your own chicken stock ( better protein) and just drink that. Let the swelling come down then thicken the soups more and more till really thick. THEN go to thicker mushies. My doctor said it best: no one is alike. Just because you CAN move onto the next food stage, doesn't mean your body will allow you to. Listen to your body and all will be fine.

Good luck!

Had my three wk visit today with surgeon. I go back again in 4wks. All is ok thank goodness n he really Is a great surgeon who did a great job. I guess it's normal to have been worried bout the pain I was having and in general. He says the right side pain is normal. I guess it's just the intense healing process and surgery after effects & scar tissue forming, etc. I walked two miles today. I cannot drive or exercise according to him (for safety of healthy healing n no risk) for at least 2more wks. I'm on mushys for one more wk. The nutritionist wasn't there so hopefully she will call to review how to transition to soft foods. I might meet with a therapist once a wk for a while who specializes in post sleeve surgery issues. I don't want to go back to my bad habits from pre surgery. I was told for pain liquid tylonol is best. Happy thanksgiving. Oh and the surgeon was very pleased with no showing of any scars on my belly and how I look skinnier. :0)

First, let me say congrats for making the decision to take charge of your future. I want to encourage you to "keep your eye on the prize" and focus on the positive things you will be (you should pardon the expression) gaining when your journey takes you to the goal of being healthier. I am a 64-year-old retired nurse and I am one week post-op. I had a brief period of anxiety about a week before the surgery, but I worked it out with myself mentally and moved on. I assume you have done your research regarding the statistics on this surgery and are assured your surgeon's reputation is an excellent one. I have not had significant pain (had a PCA pump in the hospital and hydrocodone liquid prescription for home). I only used the hydrocodone for the first 24 hours. I had a couple of nausea and vomiting episodes the first day home, but if you use the anti-nausea med they send home with you, you will do fine. Leaks at the suture line are very rare; it's all about doing what you are supposed to do. Anything new to your lifestyle takes repetition to be accepted by your brain. Remember - your glass is half FULL, not half empty (just sip it slowly after surgery) (hee hee hee). I wish you good luck. YOU ARE IN CHARGE!

Thank u ! U r wonderful!! Happy thankgiving!! Congrats on the sleeve! :0)

First, let me say congrats for making the decision to take charge of your future. I want to encourage you to "keep your eye on the prize" and focus on the positive things you will be (you should pardon the expression) gaining when your journey takes you to the goal of being healthier. I am a 64-year-old retired nurse and I am one week post-op. I had a brief period of anxiety about a week before the surgery, but I worked it out with myself mentally and moved on. I assume you have done your research regarding the statistics on this surgery and are assured your surgeon's reputation is an excellent one. I have not had significant pain (had a PCA pump in the hospital and hydrocodone liquid prescription for home). I only used the hydrocodone for the first 24 hours. I had a couple of nausea and vomiting episodes the first day home, but if you use the anti-nausea med they send home with you, you will do fine. Leaks at the suture line are very rare; it's all about doing what you are supposed to do. Anything new to your lifestyle takes repetition to be accepted by your brain. Remember - your glass is half FULL, not half empty (just sip it slowly after surgery) (hee hee hee). I wish you good luck. YOU ARE IN CHARGE!

Went out with my friends today. I drank half a Protein Drink before and brought one for the movie. They don't know I had the surgery told them I was on a diet. I Brought a water bottle in my purse, too. Wasn't easy to smell popcorn or see nachos. It was hard to sit in that seat for two hours. My friends wanted to eat at cheesecake factory, but there's nothing on their huge menu I could have, not even a mushy Soup. I ordered salmon because it came with mashed potatoes and everyone else got an appetizer salad and a full meal. It was not a great time cuz I felt depressed for no reason n Wanted to cry, but I think I was overwhelmed socially and seeing them all munch on bread n butter n drink iced teas with cafeine n order pastas n rice n cheesecake n I felt alone I guess. Anyhow I nibbled on the salmon which was dry n chewed two tiny tiny bites many times n two tiny tiny bites of the mashed potatoes. Mind u I'm not supposed to b eating salmon!! Im on mushies right now. Plus, the thought of hidden bones Freaked me out. Anyhow, I felt like I really needed a sip of Water after I already felt like fullness n naseau was there n feeling of esophagus full. After that sip I was suffering sweating hurting trying to push it down but i could've easily (and almost did in my napkin) throw up right there! I was unfortunately In the middle of the booth n I learned next time to be at the end!!!!! I acted like I was gonna pee in my pants n bolted to the bathroom. It only had One damn stall! I threw up in the sink. Oh well. I could've easily done it again but a lady came in. I left fast. Ugh. I had no fun today and a lot of leftovers for my dog in a doggy bag. Lol

:0/ what i learned today was no no no sipping water over food! No fish yet! Sit at end of tables n near bathroom! Ha ha! happy thanksgiving tomorrow. Hugs!

Stay tuned after this sat night for more eating out experiences. I'm going to a resturaunt with different friends this time n a comedy club, which has a two drink minimum n I plan to order Water bottles. :0/ it'll b hard not to have wine tho.

YIKEEEEEESS!!!

well im glad youre doing better. im glad all iswell. happy after thanksgiving day!

Went out with my friends today. I drank half a Protein drink before and brought one for the movie. They don't know I had the surgery told them I was on a diet. I Brought a Water bottle in my purse, too. Wasn't easy to smell popcorn or see nachos. It was hard to sit in that seat for two hours. My friends wanted to eat at cheesecake factory, but there's nothing on their huge menu I could have, not even a mushy Soup. I ordered salmon because it came with mashed potatoes and everyone else got an appetizer salad and a full meal. It was not a great time cuz I felt depressed for no reason n Wanted to cry, but I think I was overwhelmed socially and seeing them all munch on bread n butter n drink iced teas with cafeine n order pastas n rice n cheesecake n I felt alone I guess. Anyhow I nibbled on the salmon which was dry n chewed two tiny tiny bites many times n two tiny tiny bites of the mashed potatoes. Mind u I'm not supposed to b eating salmon!! Im on mushies right now. Plus, the thought of hidden bones Freaked me out. Anyhow, I felt like I really needed a sip of Water after I already felt like fullness n naseau was there n feeling of esophagus full. After that sip I was suffering sweating hurting trying to push it down but i could've easily (and almost did in my napkin) throw up right there! I was unfortunately In the middle of the booth n I learned next time to be at the end!!!!! I acted like I was gonna pee in my pants n bolted to the bathroom. It only had One damn stall! I threw up in the sink. Oh well. I could've easily done it again but a lady came in. I left fast. Ugh. I had no fun today and a lot of leftovers for my dog in a doggy bag. Lol

:0/ what i learned today was no no no sipping water over food! No fish yet! Sit at end of tables n near bathroom! Ha ha! happy thanksgiving tomorrow. Hugs!

I see you are in costa mesa. What hospital and doctor did you use? I am in San Clemente, but am having mine done at Scripps in La Jolla. Hang in there. Things will get better.