Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oh just typical and my luck

I am really cheesed off at the moment... just as I get my mojo back, positive attitude and a sense of well being, I get an injury. My fermoral ligament/muscle at the front of my left thigh has completely gone and is sooooo bloody painful! I have been to my doc and he has given me diazapam and anti inflammatory tabs to take (which haven't kicked in yet) and I have to leave my training off for a coupld of weeks. Each step I take gives me a shooting pain through my thigh, groin and sometines into up into my pelvis and down into my knee... and it is leaving me exhausted and frustrated.

The doc said it will sort itself out, but couldn't give me time frame.... arghhhhhh! I just want to scream! I hate being in pain and I hate not being able to get around as I am currently used to. When I was at my heaviest, I dreamt of being nimble footed again and here I am 70lb down and hobbling around like I did over a year ago, if not worse!... I am trying to stay focused and tell myself that this is a temporary measure and it will heal soon enough, but mentally I feel like I have gone back a couple of years.... *sighs*

I don't know if this is linked but I have really bad bruising around my bum bone too, so even when I sit down I just can't get comfortable!

I am also scared that with the meds and lack of movement I will gain weight. I haven't lost a pound for three weeks and I am bouncing from 168lb -172lb! My hormones are also shot to pieces, once again I am over 2 weeks late again and I am wondering if this has something to do with the scale not behaving itself...

Sorry for the vent, but my friends don't really 'get' where I am coming from and I know you guys do...

I guess I will just have to ride this out and try to be patient... but if anyone knows any good remedies or tips then I would be grateful for words of wisdom!

Oh, Coops! I am so sorry you are going through all that. It SUX A BIG FAT WARTED ONE!!!!

Ok, so your leg and foot is out of commission. Get a couple of 5 lb weights or arm resistance bands. I have the resistance bands and they are amazing for the arms and back. Crunches, girl! I'm also wondering if calenetics that Diva does would be good for you because it is no impact and lots of stretching. I have a bony booty too. Well basically, I have zero booty LOL. The chairs in my kitchen are wood so you can imagine how they feel when you sit, so I put one of those big throw pillows on it and sit on that. Makes it so much more comfortable.

You vent all you want, when ever you want for how long you want!!! We are here for you and if I could I would give a great big hug right now. Stay strong lady.

Coops - I'm sorry to hear you injured yourself and have to be on medication. That is miserable! I can sympathize - I sprained my ankle badly, and was in a boot cast for 5 weeks and an ankle stabilizer for 3 weeks (next week will be the last week). I had to watch my intake carefully - and my weight loss has really slowed down since the injury.

I am looking forward to getting back to my pre-injury exercise program.

Resist the urge to comfort yourself with food. All the bad carbs in my house were talking to me something fierce after my injury. I resisted - but it was tough. If I felt the urge to munch, I would eat a serving of raw sugar snap peas, or a serving of raw carrots, or 1 ounce of beef Jerky.

Again - my heart goes out to you. Hope you feel better soon.

thanks guts... those good vibes feel good! Funny you should mention the food demons.... since weds - when the pain flared up - I have been craving choc; don't know if it is cos of my mthly being late or frustration or what!... I have resisited though. Infact, today I am going to start logging food again, just incase! See if that helps keep me focused! =]

just finished tracking for today... I've had 1066 cals and 34g carbs with 86g of protien... good on the carbs and protien front but perhaps the cals are a little high, especially as I haven't really moved much today and well, over the last couple of days! Gonna keep a good watch on this, cos the last thing I want is a big gain. I can handle the 3-4lb bounce but more would really knock me back at the moment!!

Suggestions welcome.... xx

just finished tracking for today... I've had 1066 cals and 34g carbs with 86g of protien... good on the carbs and protien front but perhaps the cals are a little high, especially as I haven't really moved much today and well, over the last couple of days! Gonna keep a good watch on this, cos the last thing I want is a big gain. I can handle the 3-4lb bounce but more would really knock me back at the moment!!

Suggestions welcome.... xx

Sorry to hear of your injury, Coops! Sounds like you have a handle on the tracking of your food intake. I think that is the best way you could prevent any weight gain while you are out of commission as far as exercise goes. Keep your chin up! Maybe it will sort itself out quicklysmile.gif

Sorry to hear of your injury. That really sucks. I hope the anti inflammatories start working fast.

I don't think you will gain weight unless you start snacking more. It looks like you really have good control over your calories and carbs so just keep it up and you'll be fine.

Thanks again... I weighed this morning and there is a slight increase so I am going to continue to log for the next week.... not eat anything different, just see how I'm doing pn a 'normal' week before I make any changes... I don't tend to snack during the week and if I do it is mainly on a Saturday... but it is rare. Since being sleeved and following my surgeon's 3 meal a day plan, it has sorta become a pattern. Only if I am really hungry will I add a small snack.

The pain has gone to a dull ache now, but if I move to fast or sharp it comes up again. The doc said I need to rest it but I can't miss work, so I will just keep plodding along at a slow pace until there is more movement but it looks like I will be out of the gym for two weeks at least. My hubby had to drive me to work 'cos I can't lift my foot high enough to engage and control the clutch pedal without sharp pain going through my thigh.

Talk about sh*t timing...lol... still like you all said, hopefully this will soon pass...

I am glad that I have this forum to pop onto and have a moan xx

So sorry coop! I think the upper body exercise is a great idea, and logging the intake too... What a pain in the A$$!!! Hope you feel better soon girl.

Well, I am not gonna sit down at take this...lol... booked myself in to see an osteopath for tomorrow... £45 mind!!!! But I am hoping that it will speed things up for me as I really don't like being out of action. I have to turn this on its head and see it as a challenge... I will be back to normal soon!!!

Oh and the tracking is going good too... at 838 cals 34g carbs and 54gs of Protein... so not too bad all in all. Gonna enjoy some green tea to stop me snacking this evening!!!

Thanks again for all your kind words... a big change from the peeps in work who constantly take the p**s outta me... all in good fun mind!! =]

Best of luck Coops ... keep your chin up & don't let this take you down!

(((((COOPS)))))

I do and REALLY DO know what you are feeling/going through right now. I have been OOC (out of commission) for over a month now. It SUCKS!!!! I really hate not being able to do my favored workout, and I'm still at LEAST a month out from being able to get back into it. However, I am doing what I CAN do. That is, walking, cycling and using my elliptical without movement of my upper torso.

Find workouts that you can do with the opposite of me, using your upper torso. Perhaps you can do some boxing while sitting on a chair, or circling your arms, or flailing them about like a madwoman... I don't know!! But I do understand your feeling like you just HAVE to do something... trust me. You know they even have these exercise machines where you pedal your arms instead of your legs while sitting down. Anything you can do will be helpful to you.

I myself have only lost a few pounds since my last surgery because I can't kick it up a notch. I'm thinking I'll be able to finally start losing again during this month's cycle since I can workout harder and longer, just still not using my upper body. It can still be done! Don't lose hope, and certainly try not to get too upset. You'll be just fine, believe it! You won't gain your weight back because you are too inclined not to, just like me. ;-) But I'm still trying to work off those 3-4 Lbs I tacked back on, (and mine were on purpose...) LOL!! :-)

(((((COOPS)))))

I do and REALLY DO know what you are feeling/going through right now. I have been OOC (out of commission) for over a month now. It SUCKS!!!! I really hate not being able to do my favored workout, and I'm still at LEAST a month out from being able to get back into it. However, I am doing what I CAN do. That is, walking, cycling and using my elliptical without movement of my upper torso.

Find workouts that you can do with the opposite of me, using your upper torso. Perhaps you can do some boxing while sitting on a chair, or circling your arms, or flailing them about like a madwoman... I don't know!! But I do understand your feeling like you just HAVE to do something... trust me. You know they even have these exercise machines where you pedal your arms instead of your legs while sitting down. Anything you can do will be helpful to you.

I myself have only lost a few pounds since my last surgery because I can't kick it up a notch. I'm thinking I'll be able to finally start losing again during this month's cycle since I can workout harder and longer, just still not using my upper body. It can still be done! Don't lose hope, and certainly try not to get too upset. You'll be just fine, believe it! You won't gain your weight back because you are too inclined not to, just like me. ;-) But I'm still trying to work off those 3-4 Lbs I tacked back on, (and mine were on purpose...) LOL!! :-)

I'm hearing you loud and clear my lovely girl! But at least you have something nice to look at ...lol... You are doing well and I have been following your updates *turns green with envy*

Been meaning to ask, how long did you need off work when you got the girls done? How long would you say 'full recovery' is? x

I'm hearing you loud and clear my lovely girl! But at least you have something nice to look at ...lol... You are doing well and I have been following your updates *turns green with envy*

Been meaning to ask, how long did you need off work when you got the girls done? How long would you say 'full recovery' is? x

I'm about 4.5 weeks post op now. The pain is nearly almost gone now and I've regained all the feeling back in my breasts. I was also given the green light to wear all bras now!! Yayyy!!! :-) I did a B-line for some new bras, oh yeah!! So, to answer your question, it seems to be around 4-6 weeks recovery for just a general breast augmentation. I think breast lifts and reconstructives recovery time is longer (not sure what you're planning). Just getting my filled back in has turned out well for me, and my Dr. was quite impressed with my progress today! :D