Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight Gained Since Having Gastric Sleeve Surgery

I think, sometimes, we wrote the book.

Jaded reply...worthless, sorry

You lost 77lb in less than 2 months???!!!! Wow I lost 84 in 6 months

I lost 160 lbs at my lowest but have since gained 70 back. I had surgery almost 3 years ago.

I am still better off than where I started. I was able to get pregnant and have a child, which accounts for some of my gain, but I was slowly gaining prior to that because I stopped following the diet and exercise program.

Now that my baby is a little older, I'm getting back to the gym and hope to lose all I gained back, and then some.

Own luck...i sure hope you do! Congrats on the baby. Thats a life changer! You're a brave gal.

Uou know we dont hear from guys in this discussion. Guess women the only failures?

Had my surgery 1pm Monday March 21st As of now I'm doing very well some discomfort but not pain, but still very disorienting, getting Water down , I really hope everyone is doing as well

Had my surgery 1pm Monday March 21st As of now I'm doing very well some discomfort but not pain, but still very disorienting, getting Water down , I really hope everyone is doing as well

Jstachic...ur very brave! Did surgeon speak to u yet? I hope it went well and no more complications. Please keep us posted. And heal fast!

Phew! It has taken me DAYS to read this entire thread. Very helpful, sobering insight from all the veterans. Thank you all for keeping it real. I have to say, I was hoping after surgery to lose my obsession with food, tracking, etc., and just "be," but it IS good to know that I'll have to make peace with being accountable forever.

I'm going to suck it up, buttercup. Thank you for sharing your very real struggles, everyone. I hope you all find answers and hope for a new start.

@@reallyrosy, good luck on all that you are working on. I get you are disgruntled, but you're still slogging through the mud to find an answer and try to overcome. You may be bitching and crying your way to redemption, but you seem to have the gumption to go the distance. Keep going! I hope things turn around soon for you with the injuries and semi crackpot therapist suggestions. I'm going to have to hit Dr. Google for that cranium thingy.

Just when you think you've heard it all . . .

Heather ha! Just been referred to binge eating clinic. I will go when i can hobble under my own steam. I'll see the cardiologist on monday. Hope he will agree to let mebtry this other program before pushing pills. Tjanks forbyour encouragement.

Reallyrosy,

So far complication free, only normal aches and panes, not hungry at all, no cravings, my Dr allows puréed first day home, but I'm to nervous to start that yet - going to try slim fast high Protein today,

Back to square one but great u got something to look forward to. Thanks for sharing! Hugs

I have the same issue one day I am up 2Ibs and the next day I am down 3 I am only 3 Months out.

It's so frustrating. We think when we have surgery, our problems are over.

I'll be 7 years out soon and it frustrated the heck out of me that I'm still fighting every day.

I had a binge eating weekend and now it's going to take weeks to take it back off. That is if I can stay on track every day.

I have a book about the dolution to binge eating. It isn't a diet. It does require blood testing and suggests there is some kind of imbalance with bacterial overgrowth. Sinde i broke my knee, i cant follow up on a clinic that does this testing. Zinc and something else are said

Continuing : found to be low...i think itsxcslled the answer to binge eating. I will post authout and name in a.m. if interested. But im not going for more surgery. And i dont want to start back on pills.< /p>