Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone ever done a 'colon cleanse' ?

LOL, instigator!

Telly, don't ever leave here. You are a great asset to this forum and I personally love you to death. :rolleyes:

I love you too Dody! I am here to stay chica! You feel me? lol! Where's the bar? LOL!

Damn, can you feel the love???

I love you too Foodstampchamp. We will have to chat some.. outside of lbt. Love having and making new friends.

Thanks Leila for the kind comments regarding my post. As far as closing this thread.....Why? You don't thing that this forum's membership is mature enough to duke it out and fight their own battles....and then come to an amicable conclusion?

Oh well, whatever!

Carol

As far as closing this thread.....Why? You don't thing that this forum's membership is mature enough to duke it out and fight their own battles....and then come to an amicable conclusion?

Carol

OOOOOO. Good point.

As for the parasites... funny story! I've eaten raw fish (sushi!) approximately 2x a week for the last 25 years. I recently noticed little white specks in my bowel movements and got paranoid that I had a parasites. I went and got my stool checked in the lab, no no parasites. Still had white specks... insisted on a second check for parasites.. I'm 37 dammit, a massive sushi eater, exposure to lots of dogs, cats, and kids, some of whom have had worms.. I was so sure I was totally wormy... LOL, I insisted on a 3rd test, nope, no parasites... I chatted with my Dr. about my concerns over the little round white things in my movements that looked like worm eggs. He laughed, he reminded me that I was on effexor time release medication... he asked me if I had any on me, I did, I opened up my purse, he asked for a capsule... he opened the capsule.. he said "is this what they look like?" I felt so silly!!! I was passing part of my meds that hadn't broken down yet! Not worm eggs after all. So despite my fears, and three lab tests on stool samples later... mystery solved!

XO

Leila

What's cool about your story is that you kept looking for answers and didn't just go away with your worries. I've heard too many stories where it turns out something was really wrong that wasn't being caught in testing. So good for you! Glad it wasn't serious.

Yup! West coast of Canada! :rolleyes: - Though the real witch of the west melts in Water, and I'd be in trouble since it's Pacific Rainforest country! The weather in Vancouver is mostly wet, and more wet. Though we like to think of it as liquid sunshine... it comforts us on the many gray days!

Vancouver huh...nope you def can't be the witch of the west...they were talking Kansas anyway....LOL. What girl doesn't have a "little witch in them" anyway....lol makes us more fun. I'll keep looking to see what kind you'd be...LOL Hey what is the name of that new book ---the one that tells the story behind the Wicked Witch of the West? Oh yeah its called "Wicked" ....Ha Ha just having a moment of insanity here (lack of sleep-newbie to apnea ---->scares me|!!)

Take care

Hey, try this stuff if your looking to swallow something and not get something poked up your bumm...I LOVE this stuff. It's called Oxy powder, here's a link to the testimonials... http://oxypowder.com/#testimonials You definitely want to be near a bathroom, but, I've taken it and gone to work no problem. I usually start it on a Friday night because the first few days tend to 'eliminate' the most. Also, taking high doses of Magnesium tends to do the same thing - to liquify everything in the colon and help get rid of it. IMHO - I ain't no doctor but just telling you from experience what's up with my results.

I just finished reading Wicked, I loved it. Definitely recommend it, and his other reverse fairy tales too. sleep apnea, yeah that can mess with you! You take care too! I'm fond of witchiness, I've known many different types, and haven't met a witch I didn't like. I agree there's a little witch in all women. :rolleyes:

XO

Leila

Vancouver huh...nope you def can't be the witch of the west...they were talking Kansas anyway....LOL. What girl doesn't have a "little witch in them" anyway....lol makes us more fun. I'll keep looking to see what kind you'd be...LOL Hey what is the name of that new book ---the one that tells the story behind the Wicked Witch of the West? Oh yeah its called "Wicked" ....Ha Ha just having a moment of insanity here (lack of sleep-newbie to apnea ---->scares me|!!)

Take care

Please Jack, you need to continue. I know enough of what you know and, pleeeeeeeeeeease, this thread and the other colon cleanse thread really needs to be Enlightened....I look forward to your other post.

Carol

Based on all of the links of colon cleanses, quackery, FDA alerts, etc. I think everything's been said, several times over.

I pray this subject is over with for discussion....I think it has been discussed to death, and the fact remains what is right for one person is not always right for another, so why argue it. Me, I loved my colon cleanse ;) OK I didn't love it.....but it did the job. For others who despise the idea my great idea is Don't Do It, but don't be critical of those of us that did. OK, AMEN to the subject as Telly said it has been rehashed enough and continues to show up every day.

Interested! You can never have too much info, I find I'm always learning something new whenever anyone adds their own experiences to a situation. I'd love to hear what you learned directly in school.

Here I've barely returned from my journeys and I see all are atwitter about this subject again.

I reviewed the first two articles. The are very superficial and miss so much reality I don't quite know where to begin.

What I learned about the process in my clinical training, was integrated into such matters as 'the physiology or digestion'; 'diet and nutrition'; and supportive classwork over 4700 class hours.

I don't mean to sound testy. It hot here, and jsut the first page of this thread has set me off on a rant~~nearly!!! Perhaps I should read the rest of this thread....and may get to it eventually. I just hate to see the 'same old shit' masquerading as 'science' because someone wrote an article on it.

In fact, many of the reasons and techniques really are of little benefit. Also in fact, there are conditions, circumstances and procedures that are VERY beneficial. When I have a chance to catch up on my other business, perhaps I can restrain my response to an orderly and coherant non=rant.

During my coursework, I investigated 'fasting' in all it's many forms, both for the intellectual understanding, as well as personally to learn what exactly I could expect from my own patients.

To be continued....if anyone is interested...

So I wonder if Leila's interest in this may be b/c she really wants to try to do a colon cleanse or if she's the colon cleanse police