Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone ever done a 'colon cleanse' ?

Well... let me tell you what brought this on. The one informercial I DID see had this guy talking how, and he warned that he didn't want to be gross, but one day when he was helping his little daughter in the bathroom, he was amazed and started that her 'poops' were about the same girth as his arm! And went on to talk about how kids aren't as polluted as us, and blah, blah, blah. So, knowing me, and how much I'd like to increase the size of my poops, you know I just had to find out about it!! LOL

Nah, it's just something that's been in the back of my head for a while. I'll be sitting here, and all of a sudden... "The size of his ARM!!?!?!?! WHA!?"

Ok, you asked for it. This is somewhere that I saw pictures much like the other grossness I saw before .... http://www.coloncleansingblog.com/ Warning: GROSSNESS!!! and there's many pages of posts about the bowel movements this person had, so feel free to keep browsing.

But really.... tell me more, people.

AHHHH! That's sooooo gross. But yet, intriguing... :) LOL

Very interesting. Thanks Telly. :)

If nothing else.. it's quite interesting but not table conversation..ya know? lol

OH MY GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWD MANDI!!!

That is soooooooooooooooo BEYOND GROSS...and of course, being the morbidly curious person I am I just HAD to check that site out. BIG MISTAKE!!! WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAa....I couldn't just take your word for it, noooooo I had to go & see for myself. Your warning does NOT quite cover it!!!

THAT IS FREAKIN' FREAKIN' BEYOND DISGUSTING!!!! Seriously folks....do NOT look at this site unless you want to possibly induce the dry heaves!!!

I actually had bile come up my throat and lets just say it is damn good my stomach isn't holding much right now or I would have spewed on the screen!!!!

On a more serious note, I'm thinking that "stuff" should NOT come out of you. I think he shat out his freakin' intestines or inner bodily "gunk" that is supposed to be there. THAT IS NOT NATURAL to come out!!! Why would you WANT that out? Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan, no thank you. Just keep that inside where it belongs; it should never see the light of day.

Either that or he had a freakin' alien inside and he just keeps on giving birth to its offspring.

Thanks for um....sharing Mandi.

*thinking she better get that job soon*

OH my...that blog was intresting...

Wooo! Telly, don't mean to put you on the spot, but is that kind of like what you... uh... experienced? (the pictures from that blog)

LOL Yoda.... see what I mean. If that stuff can come out of me, I'm kinda thinkin' "Let's DO THIS!! Get it OUT!"

I read somewhere, that some think it might just be the stuff they give you that is supposed to be cleansing you, forming a kind of 'cast' on the insides of your intestines, and giving it that bulbous shape..... hmmmm....

That and worse.

Also, if you are used to eating rare meats, sushi and all that uncooked foods, then you'll possibly experience parasite expulsion too.

http://www.thelifetree.com/STRCLNSE.HTM

check out this page, displaying the types of parasites as well as the rubbery black gunk that comes out

:)

Oh man.... I want it, NOW! lol

Wowee...

Telly, the stuff you took, was it a 'bulky' thing, like say, how Metamucil when you add Water and drink it gets really thick and stuff... I know when I used to take psyllium husks (thanks for nothing, Atkins :mmph:), that it got really thick. Would it be possibly not a good thing for bandsters to do, perhaps? I guess, you'd just wanna chug a lot of water... hhmmmm......

MORE! MORE! I need more colon cleansing experiences!!!!

Haha..

It's thick. Most of all colon cleansings except for the one where they stick the hose up your bum... most of them use psyllium husk. It's a thickener that will expand in your colon, absorbing the inner walls of your colon, pulling anything and everything attached to them as it is expelled. That's when you begin to see things you wouldn't have thought existed.

I take Citricil when the Protein I eat makes me constipated and it's the same kinda thing. I go low on the carbs so the Protein intake can get me stuffy.

I have read: This black sludge is the gradual build up of unnatural, toxic thick mucous-like substance created by the body in an effort to protect itself from unhealthy foods, stress, drugs, pesticides, etc. This substance may accumulate until it is several inches thick and reaches the entire length of the stomach, small intestines and colon. This layer of mucoid plague prevents the body from properly assimilating Vitamins, minerals and food nutrients. Autopsies have revealed colons that were from 9" to 18" in diameter, because they were so packed with layers of this encrusted mucoid fecal matter....some weighing up to 40 pounds! (a healthy colon weighs about 4 lbs.) If you take the steps to remove this toxic build-up, vibrant health will enevitably be the result.

Quoted from the site by some guy named Kevin

The Parasite Menace

A Myriad of Parasitical Creatures

Call the Human Body "Home"

Microbial infestations may promote compromised health in their hosts. Parasites live off our body's life-force and the sustenance that we ingest. In addition to a loss of nourishment and cellular damage, the toxidities produced by these creatures play havoc with our immune system and degrade the optimum health of their host.

"The cleansing programs are absolutely the best at getting rid of parasites. I've tried many different ones, but nothing gave me the results that these products did. Even within a couple of days of taking it. I could see them there in the bowl, plain as day! Nobody can tell me that parasites are not living in us. When I think about the volume of worms and things I passed, and knowing that only 30% of them are even viewable with our eyes; I can't imagine just how many of them were inside of me. I'm so happy to get rid of them. My health has improved dramatically ever since. I encourage everyone to do the best thing they could ever do for themselves... do the cleansing program."

- Kevin"

Parasites from me? I don't think so but I did see a few things that were questionable and my food choices are repetitive...so what I saw was not out of the ordinary.... therefore it became questionable. I am not scared to talk about this, not embarrassed either so ask whatever and I'll answer as best and as honestly as I can.

Not to be an alarmist..but these are the reasons why I decided to experiment with myself.

http://www.drnatura.com/

Discover Magazine had an article about human parasites.. I'm looking for it. I read it months ago.

Here is another article online. I hope this doesn't upset people but ..... it's out there to share. Go figure eh?

http://www.gcnm.com/colon_cleansing_detox.html?ovchn=GGL&ovcpn=GifamGoogle&ovcrn=parasites&ovtac=PPC

Are you carrying parasites around in your body?

This is unfortunately a lot more frequent than most would like to believe. According to United Nations data:

“Overall, about 1.5 billion people have roundworms, making it the third most common human infection in the world. Whipworm infects 1 billion people… More than 1.3 billion people carry hookworm in their gut, and 265 million people are infected with schistosomes.”(10)

It is true that most of these infections occur in developing countries, but the rate of parasitic-related disorders in North America is skyrocketing. An astounding number of people would test positive for parasites. This is from the Parasitology Department of the University of Cambridge, England: “Pinworm. An extremely common nematode infection, particularly in temperate areas such as Western Europe and North America… It has been estimated that the annual incidence of infection is over 200 million, this probably being a conservative figure. samples of caucasian children in the USA and Canada have shown incidences of infection of 30% to 80%, with similar levels in Europe.”

Humans can actually play host to more than a hundred different types of parasites, ranging from microscopic ones to tapeworms that are several feet long. Contrary to popular belief, parasites are not restricted to our colon alone, but can be found in any other part of the body - in the lungs, the liver, in the muscles and joints, in the esophagus, the brain, the blood, the skin and even in the eyes!

“Parasites are the missing diagnosis in the genesis of many chronic health problems, including diseases of the gastrointestinal tract and endocrine system. Most individuals would be truly amazed if they knew the extraordinarily high number of Americans who are unknowingly infected by parasites…” – Dr. Hermann R. Bueno, Fellow of Royal Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene of London

It is extremely easy to come in contact with parasites. Contaminated Water, undercooked meats, improperly washed fruits and vegetables, are just some of the common sources of infections. Transmission from pets or other infected persons is also quite common. Overuse of antibiotics further adds to this problem as this can interfere with normal intestinal flora and lower the body’s resistance.

Fiber supplements help to get rid of parasites, but they are not enough. We need to use specific herbal formulas to deal with this issue. Some of the most potent herbs for parasite cleansing include Black Walnut hulls, Wormwood, Pau D’Arco, Garlic, Yellow Dock, pumpkin seed, Male Fern root, False Unicorn, Fenugreek, Grapefruit Seed extract and Prickley Ash bark.

Ok, I think I've equipped you with enough info, lol!

That's it for me for this thread....I can NOT take parasites or even the mere thought of them being in "me" or anyone for that matter. So, rather than give myself nightmares now (oooh, to late!!!) I will have to cease from viewing this thread any further.

I know my limits.

I am freakishly freaky about parasites and bugs in beds etc.....so,

YODA HAS LEFT THIS THREAD!!!!!

*gag*