Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have looked into Dr rabkin in SF, and am attending a meeting for dr cirangle tomorrow. Both were recommended by patients. Dr Rabkin (paclap.com) is more about the DS procedure, but also performs revisions and sleeves. Dr Cirangle (lapsf.com) seems to be on of the pioneers of the sleeve surgery...his name came up in studies I've read. I haven't hears of the Dr you mentioned- are you kaiser?

I'm using Dr. Rabkin. I also looked at Dr. Cirangle but a lot of people were really unhappy with the way they were treated by him. (Gotta love Yelp, you can find reviews for ANYTHING on there!!) Dr. Rabkin does specialize in DS, but considering the VSG is the first stage of the DS I feel I'm in good hands. Plus, his staff are really friendly and accessible. They also got me in and scheduled right away for an initial consult and surgery. I'm very happy so far.

Ughhh, that is not good about Dr Cirangle. I am meeting with Dr. Jossart this week- have heard good things...have you? anyone else you know if to consider in Bay area? I never heard of Dr. Rabkin.

I'm using Dr. Rabkin. I also looked at Dr. Cirangle but a lot of people were really unhappy with the way they were treated by him. (Gotta love Yelp, you can find reviews for ANYTHING on there!!) Dr. Rabkin does specialize in DS, but considering the VSG is the first stage of the DS I feel I'm in good hands. Plus, his staff are really friendly and accessible. They also got me in and scheduled right away for an initial consult and surgery. I'm very happy so far.

Hi Maybe, No I am not with Kaiser- I have a PPO that should cover the surgery. I am meeting with Dr Jossart this week. I know him and he is amazing- so warm and supportive. Hoping he will do the surgery since I know him personally. If he wasn't maybe I should meet with Cirangle or Rabkin. Not wanting the DS, only sleeve, have 100 lbs (40 BMI) to lose but very mixed if I want to do this or not....ughhh keep going back and forth

I have looked into Dr rabkin in SF, and am attending a meeting for dr cirangle tomorrow. Both were recommended by patients. Dr Rabkin (paclap.com) is more about the DS procedure, but also performs revisions and sleeves. Dr Cirangle (lapsf.com) seems to be on of the pioneers of the sleeve surgery...his name came up in studies I've read. I haven't hears of the Dr you mentioned- are you kaiser?

I started with Dr. Cirangle (he wanted an additional $5750 in "program fees", decided to go with Jossart since they were partners and Jossart is ALL ABOUT HIS PATIENTS. A true pioneer and one of the best Dr.s that I've had the pleasure to meet. He and Cirangle use the same technique and you can see it online on youtube. Dr. Jossart has the expertise and the bed side manner to go along with the experience :D He is AWESOME!! I will be getting sleeved on the 22nd of AUG at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Gatos/San Jose. Jossart comes to SJ a few times a month for his paitients in the South Bay. Good luck!!

thanks for your reply...so excited for you..how are you feeling? nervous? are you paying out of pocket or insurance? not cool the 45750 in program fees....ughhh

I started with Dr. Cirangle (he wanted an additional $5750 in "program fees", decided to go with Jossart since they were partners and Jossart is ALL ABOUT HIS PATIENTS. A true pioneer and one of the best Dr.s that I've had the pleasure to meet. He and Cirangle use the same technique and you can see it online on youtube. Dr. Jossart has the expertise and the bed side manner to go along with the experience :D He is AWESOME!! I will be getting sleeved on the 22nd of AUG at Good Samaritan Hospital in Los Gatos/San Jose. Jossart comes to SJ a few times a month for his paitients in the South Bay. Good luck!!

I have blue cross ppo. Jossart and Cirangle were recently put on our approved list, thats why I went with them. Started with Cirangle because he shares an office in SJ with a plastic surgeon so I didnt have to drive far. Then, bam - they tell me about this "fee" that isnt covered by insurance. So basically he gets paid the agreed upon fee from my insurance and then the "program fee" from me directly.. Not cool at all. I was devastated.. until I found Dr. Jossart and his excellent staff :rolleyes:

I've been waiting for approval for a month and a half and finally got it today and the office already called to schedule my date, thats how efficient they are. I am on top of the world right now and I don't want to come down. Not nervous at all. I know this is the right thing for me and this is going to change my life and make me feel like me again. There is a skinny chick inside that is dying to get out.. and no, I didnt eat her.. ha ha!!

How are you doing? is the 1st 2 weeks hell? any complications? so freaked out

I was also sleeved at Kaiser Richmond.... yesterday! lol. I was not in any pain yesterday and didn't really have any nausea either. I was home by this morning and have had a lot of pain around the incision sites whenever I get up to go to the bathroom or to take a walk. Other than that, it has been a breeze! When I am laying down relaxing I don't feel anything at all. I've even gotten in 40 ounces of fluids today as well! It probably just depends on you personally. I have had absolutely zero complications and am already feeling pretty darn good and it's technically only day 1. I know my case is pretty unusual, but it can still happen :)

LOL...I am worried about whether Blue Shield PPO will approve me. I guess I have to wait until I complete all the tests to find out. I am 42yo witha 40 BMI but healthy with no medical issues (that I know of). Meeting with Jossart on Friday..did you ask him the % of leaks he has had or % of hair loss in patients? just curious

I have blue cross ppo. Jossart and Cirangle were recently put on our approved list, thats why I went with them. Started with Cirangle because he shares an office in SJ with a plastic surgeon so I didnt have to drive far. Then, bam - they tell me about this "fee" that isnt covered by insurance. So basically he gets paid the agreed upon fee from my insurance and then the "program fee" from me directly.. Not cool at all. I was devastated.. until I found Dr. Jossart and his excellent staff :rolleyes:

I've been waiting for approval for a month and a half and finally got it today and the office already called to schedule my date, thats how efficient they are. I am on top of the world right now and I don't want to come down. Not nervous at all. I know this is the right thing for me and this is going to change my life and make me feel like me again. There is a skinny chick inside that is dying to get out.. and no, I didnt eat her.. ha ha!!

WOW so happy for you, that is amazing. Well keep it up and remember when your in pain that it will all be eventually worth it :)

I was also sleeved at Kaiser Richmond.... yesterday! lol. I was not in any pain yesterday and didn't really have any nausea either. I was home by this morning and have had a lot of pain around the incision sites whenever I get up to go to the bathroom or to take a walk. Other than that, it has been a breeze! When I am laying down relaxing I don't feel anything at all. I've even gotten in 40 ounces of fluids today as well! It probably just depends on you personally. I have had absolutely zero complications and am already feeling pretty darn good and it's technically only day 1. I know my case is pretty unusual, but it can still happen :)