Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Went back to work today...

.....and it kicked my butt ! I even have a desk job!

I was sleeved on June 27th so was off 9 days after surgery....but it was all I could do on my way home to keep driving and not pull over to the side of the road and sleep! And I only have a 20 minute commute.

Anyway, don't underestimate what major surgery and lack of food takes out of you. If you can stay home longer, do it and don't try to be a hero! My only saving grace is that tomorrow is Friday already!

Glad you made it home safely. Take it easy - and rest up this weekend.

I had surgery 6/22 and I've been off FT through today. I work in IT and my work is letting me work 4 hrs / day from home next week, then 6 hrs/day the next week from home and by then I think I should be good back in the office FT from there. It's not so much about being able to do the work, but my incisions still hurt and sitting at a desk for hours on end would be quite painful. I'm quite thrilled because I'm still trying to figure out what mushy foods I can eat. I've never been one to bring my lunch and knowing that will be a requirement going forward for at least awhile, it is going to be a huge adjustment.

I had surgery on June 30th and had to be back to work on July 5th. It was very hard returning to work. I am VERY resilient and have a very high pain tolerance, so it was all about the lack of energy for me.. I ended up leaving at noon. Then I called in sick the next day (stayed in bed the entire time). Fortunately (lol??) several people at work have been out with stomach virus so I just joined up with that group. I was finally able to make a full day of it on the next Thursday & Friday. NOBODY at work knows about the surgery.

I would have to say the ONLY way I did it was immediately go home and go to bed after work! I have spent the weekends since my surgery pretty much resting.

I have found that one day I will feel almost normal, but then another day I will feel like I cannot put one foot in front of the other.

But my mantra has become - "I feel better than I did a week ago, but not as good as I'm gonna feel a month from now!"

I had my surgery on a Monday, that Thursday I worked 1/2 day......went back to work full time the following monday. I think I was asleep every night by 8:00 at the latest, but it did get better after the 4th. week when I started mushies. I didn't have pain per se, but the energy level is not what it needed to be for productivity. Thank goodness I have a government desk job :)

I was sleeved on 5/9/11 and went back to work on 5/16/11. I was very tired as I became anemic too. I also have a desk job and work 7:30-4:00 m-f.

I found it to be much easier when I was able to get more liquids in and actally got to put more food in me...probably about week 3. I was in bed asleep most nights by 8 pm and slept till 5:30 when the alarm would go off! LOL

I am now 9 weeks out today and feel like a million dollars!! Everyday gets better and better!!

Kelly

WOW is all I can say. I sound like a wimp next to you all! I've been in bed by 9pm every night, and today was the first day back at work where I actually felt good! I'm exactly 2 weeks post op. Can't wait for mushies! I KNOW I'll feel much better then!