Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Just thought I'd update my pals that are keeping track of it.

I don't know what I'm doing right, but whatever it is, I'm keeping it up, cause I only have

1.6lbs to go!

I'm too tight, that's why I'm losing so well. There's so much crap going on, and I can't get down to Nova Scotia for a defill, so I'm hoping that when I fly back to Saskatoon on the 21st, I can get a defill there. Just in time for Christmas. Hopefully I don't go too nuts with my new found freedom.

I had to go to the mall tonight, so I figured I'd go into some store and see what size I could get into. I just bought a couple of pair of size 10 jeans at Old Navy this past weekend. I grabbed an 11 and a 9. (whatever THOSE numbers mean? misses sizes?) Tried on the 11's first as to not disappoint myself. They were comfortable. I tried the 9's, and they were a little more snug than I'd like. You know that tight in the thigh-ness that you're not too sure you should be walking around with? I had that. So, if I had to wear one of them RIGHT now, I'd buy the 11's. I don't know what 11's translate into in even numbered sizes.

I'm thinking about quitting my job, again. When I started my new job as a production assistant, I had to sacrifice by agreeing to work along side THE biggest bitch I've ever met. I figured I'd give it a try, since when I took the job/position, I was hours away from quitting, and it was a better option than being unemployed. Well, about a week ago, she up and moved spots, along with the 2 animation directors (she and they were right beside me until then). It was because they needed more wall space than was available where we were. I found out 2 days ago that she is "sick of watching me not work" or doesn't think I do anything. Needless to say, I'M PISSED. I actually have been quite impressed with myself in how much I'm getting done compared to my old job. How she has so much time to watch over me to determine this, I don't know. I check my personal email a couple times a day... MAYBE reply to one, but that's about it! She's nuts! And just in general, a miserable person to be around, and I've decided I don't want to work with her anymore. There's no other jobs there for me, so I think that's it.

I'm gonna take my leave, and be a homemaker until Dan gets his job, and we can go to Vancouver. Maybe I'll go back to school. Everyone thinks I'd be a great chef!

I'm just not sure how I should do it. We have our Christmas vacation paid for (dec 22 to Jan 1, pretty nice), but I don't want to give my notice right now, and miss out on a paid vacation! I was thinking about waiting until about a week before the Christmas break, so that I'd work a week AFTER the break... but I'm thinking they could possibly just tell me not to come back at all after Christmas, and stop paying me when the Christmas break starts. I could suck it up and wait until AFTER I get back from Christmas, but man, I HATE this job. Not only working with mega-bitch, but it's just an all over awful job.

I just don't know!!

Just needed to share.

Hi Mandi

Don't do anything hasty. There is some benefit to quitting in the new year as you will defer any payout you will receive until 2008. Take some time over the holidays to think it thru. You have done the most incredible job with your weight loss. I am so proud of you.

All the best to you and Dan for a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Congratulations on maintaining such a great weight loss with such a horrible job. I agree with Donna D. wait until the new year it is only a few weeks.

Perhaps with your co worker in another area of the office, you will be able to settle down. Also, I would check with your supervisor/manager as to the comments "of watching you do nothing". Was this comment from a co worker who may have their own motives for creating a dustup or was this comment done on an appraisal of you. Whatever, I would try to clear that up prior to leaving. It could impact on future references.

Again anyone that lost the weight you did should be congratulated. Doddie

Well, I agree with the other women. Don't announce your intentions until after the new year; otherwise they will find some loophole by which they will be able to take that paid Xmas vacation time away from you. However, now that you know that you are leaving you can entertain yourself by making the bitch from hell's life a little less pleasant. Why don't you try undermining her by going to her boss and complaining about her behaviour towards you and towards others in the office? The buzz word to use is team player as in the following sentence: she is not a team player. Tell the boss that she spends her time harrassing her colleagues and lowering the morale of the team instead of concentrating on her own work! The chances are good that nobody likes her and if you start to gently stir things up you may be able to cause her some pain.

Hi Mandi, congrats on your success thus far! Wow, size 9, I think I was 3 years old when I last fit into a size 9. Good for you!!

Regarding your job, try to wait it out. A good, long Xmas break could make things abit clearer. Nothing to say you can't start looking for another job while you wait.

It's hard to say what the other woman's motives are or what she herself is going through in her own life. I know it can be upsetting and feel very cruel but it often takes a bigger person to stand above the rest and show integrity. Please don't do anything you may regret or that may make yourself look bad; instead try taking a step back and taking the higher road. Everyone has thier own issues in life to deal with. If this woman is lashing out, it is likely because of difficulties she is experiencing in her own life.

I have lived the wrath of "unhappy, bitchy" people in the workplace whose mission it is to make everyone else's life a living hell. I also know it's hard to not want to knock their lights out but trust me... they are already suffering way more than the person they are inflicting pain on.

Take care of yourself first and look for another job if that feels right. You are obviously a very successful and dynamic person that others notice so go for it... get what you want.

Mandi,

Do not quit your job over a B.....tch!!! What goes around comes around. I don't know if you remember but I posted about a person that I work with that sounds like the person you work with (notice the politically correct term..person) anyhow she pissed me off again on Thursday. When I told other people I work with what she did again...one of them said...Remember, she is retiring Jan 10th....and she better not be lying.

Listen to me, I am more senior, if you find her offensive then so do so many others. What you need is some validation, so here it is.

She is crazy and you are a good person. Do not quit your job!!

So there...I said what I had to say. The chef job is interesting....there's a place not too far from here you can go for the weekend and take some cooking lessons. My dh and I have considered going. Follow your passion

I have a week left. A week until I leave for home, and a week until I also get defilled. I’m too tight, I know it, and have been for a while. When my plane lands, my parents are going to bring me to see some fill nurse I’ve never met before, and get either totally, or almost totally defilled. I have 1.3cc right now, and the clinic suggested I go down to 0.5cc, but if I felt more comfortable, I could get totally defilled. It’s nice to have that option, because I know the consequences (weight gain) will be a little less if I keep a 0.5 in my band, BUT… this is being done to try to reverse anything ‘wrong’ with me, be it a slip or stretched pouch, or maybe nothing at all, I’m doing myself a disservice by NOT going totally empty and giving myself the maximum repair time.

I think I WILL go totally empty, and get refilled a bit, 3-4 weeks later. I gained 10lbs in 2 weeks last time I was defilled… this could be scary. But then again, maybe now if I CAN eat the healthier things for me, I WILL. You know? I will try my best.

But for now, I don’t know if I even want to get to goal just to have to say goodbye to it again.

I haven't quit my job yet. I will definitely wait until after Christmas. Don't get me wrong, it's not all about her... I don't want her to have THAT satisfaction. I don't like my job... it's not what I wanna be doing. I despise it. It just doesn't help having to work with someone who thinks that way about you, and SAYS it to other people. There's no way getting around working with her, it's gotta be that way.

Dan and I had our Christmas tonight, since I'm leaving next friday, and we won't be able to have Christmas together. :huggie: I got lots of goodies, but most notably, clothes from THE GAP. Yeah, that's right. Up til now most of my stuff has come from Old Navy. That's because it's cheap, and with how quickly I've been growing out of stuff, it's just worked. I've gone into some nicer, more expensive stores to just try things on, but never bought anything. Anyways, he got me a nice, super colourful (and itchy) striped (freakin' HORIZONTALLY!) sweater, in MEDIUM, and some size 10 jeans. I looked at the sweater and said no way it would fit... but it did. The jeans... I dare to say they could probably be a size smaller?! They're very roomy in the hips.

That's the latest from me. I'm going to bed now. 'Night.

Hi Mandi, congrats on almost being at goal - me too! I haven't been on this site in a few weeks but I remember we were pretty close in comparison. We must be crazy to be wanting to reach goal right at the Christmas season - go figure! I might of hit goal this morning except I went to the neighbour's annual Xmas party last night and had nibblies.

My long term goal is to slowly loosen the band after I have maintained at goal for a year or so, not completely but enough to hopefully have to worry less about any long term complications in the future.

Best wishes for a wonderful Xmas,

Hi Donna,

Yeah, I wouldn't be getting defilled before even getting to goal if I didn't have to. :)

I did my measurements today, cause it's been a VERY long time. Here are my totals. I'm amazed at how PERFECTLY even the numbers from my chest waist and hips have come off!

Head was 23" is now 22" = 1"

neck was 16" is now 13" = 3"

chest was 55" is now 37" = 18"

waist was 48" is now 30" = 18"

hips were 54" are now 36" = 18"

thighs were 43.5 are now 34.75" = 8.75"

calves were 30" are now 23" = 7"

left arm was 18" is now 13" = 5"

right arm was 18.5" is now 13.5" = 5"

that's 83.75" gone, baby. It seems a little suspicious that the differences are SO equal, but I swear, I wasn't even looking at my old numbers when I was writing these newest ones down!

Mandi the measurements are awesome! I never took mine - still haven't! But I got to chuckle at the head measurement going down an inch, didn't know we gained fat there. Are you sure it wasn't brain matter? :) Make sure you email Dr. C when you reach goal!

Head was 23" is now 22" = 1"

Congrats on your success. I just find the head measurement pretty funny, but it is great.

Has anyone noticed that their shoe size changed. I had to buy new golf shoes because mine are all too big. I used to wear an size 11, now I am a 10.5.

I did'nt think that I would have to buy new shoes as well dammit.

Andrew

Hi Gaff, yes when I gained weight I had to start buying wide width or size larger shoes and boots and now I am back to regular width.