Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

WOW, that is all I can say. You dont even look like the same person. What's more is that you appear to be much happier.

You are an all star.

(PS. I didnt notice that your shirt was transparent until you mentioned it, but now it is on the internet so every one knows)

Andrew

Mandi you look fantastic,:shades_smile::thumbup: if you feel comfortable losing a few more pounds go for it, it won't hurt to be under goal so you will have a few pounds leeway to play around with.

Maria :blink:

Hi Argon!

I'm just glad you're aware of the possible affects!! Not everyone researches the meds that go into their bodies. I hope it works for you.

By the way the pics are great - I sure hope my success comes close to yours - you should feel very proud!

Pami

So waz up Mandi

Where are you? Did you settle in ok? New job.

Incredible weight girl. You look mahveloussssssss

Hey guys, I'm still around. Exploring Halifax and takin' 'er easy. No new job yet... I'm kind of toying with some ideas. How does Mandi: Real Estate Agent sound? haha seriously though, I have a friend who's doing really well with that, and it's got me thinking about it.

Pretty much all of our stuff is unpacked, except, we have so much less room here, that we need some bookcases to but stuff in/on. Ordered some from IKEA and they should be here in a couple weeks (can you believe there's no IKEA east of Montreal!?) so we may finally be settled in soon.

I got a defill a few weeks ago, and I'm at 0.5cc's right now, and I'm going to be getting completely defilled, cause I'm still having 'too tight' issues at only 0.5ccs. I'm going to see if I can maintain my weight loss with no fill.... it's scary though. I gained big time when I was defilled, but that was also over Christmas when lots of goodies and chocolate are around. Wish me luck!

I did something crazy the other day and tried on some size 8 pants, cause I'm wearing 10's right now, and they're getting too big. 8 was still loose, so I tried 6's and they fit!! :thumbup: Then yesterday, I remembered that I had a gift card from my birthday that I never used, and decided that since I can FIT size 6's, but don't actually own any size 6's, it will be easier for me to gain weight and not notice, cause my clothes are too big right now. That was my rationale that I had for buying some clothes! I grabbed a few pairs of jeans, and for the hell of it, a SIZE FOUR too. Tried 'em all on, leaving the 4's for last... found the size 6 jeans I liked, then tried on the 4's. I got them ON, DONE UP and everything. Now they were snug looking, and if I was someone who liked that really fitted look, maybe I would have got them, but... who cares, I can say I got them on, and thats all that matters!

Anyways, I got some snazzy new size 6 pants, and I blew my mind. I can't get over how I look at pants and am so sure they're not going to fit... even pulling them over my thighs ... then I pull them up, zip 'em up... VOILA!

Friday is mine and Dan's 5 yr anniversary, and Saturday is my 2 year bandiversary, so I've got some celebrating to do!

That's about all that's going on with me. Thanks for asking!!! Hope you all are doing well!

Mandi

Wow Mandi that is wonderful. I can't imagine fitting into a size 6 let alone getting on 4s. I am finally out of my 5Xs, but getting below the next size in pants is going to take time and faith (hard work goes without saying).

Have fun in your new city.

Cindy

Hey everyone I have a question. I finally received a fill well actually 2 now I think I have 3.5CC's I can feel it but I am wondering if you experinced banders could tell me how much weight is good in a month? I have lost about 12 pounds, and I am currently going to the gym and doing the treadmill daily, I dont know if that is a good loss or not, I almost feel discouraged because my caloric intake is very small compared to what it was before I really cannot eat much less without passing out.

Please HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE! LOL!

Sherri

I feel like telling someone about this cause I'm excited!

I had a job interview a couple weeks ago, and it went fairly well, but they still haven't made a decision. It's a scary job, and I'm not sure it's something I even wanted to do... BUT it would look really good on a resume.

Anyways, I came across an ad for a 'school'. They train people to do 'staging' for real estate, and guarantee you a job upon completion. Either part time or full time. Even if I could only get on part time (25hrs a week), I would be making a good $5000 more a year than I would if I got that other job (which would be full time, and a ton of unpaid overtime). Full time, I'd make nearly double!! It's only $1000 for the course, and you have up to 6 months to complete it, but can finish in as little as 4 weeks. If for some reason they don't offer you a job upon completion, they will give you back your tuition, and if they do give you a job, you get that money back as a bonus on your first paycheck!! Can't lose!

If I get offered that other job, I am 99% sure I'll decline it. I think doing this staging would be fun, and so much less stressful than the producer job I was gunning for.

So I am very excited. It's totally different than what I've been doing, but I've always been a big re-decorating person, and into real estate, and I think I would do really good at this, and actually enjoy it!

I'm in Sask. right now, surprised my mom for mothers day, but as soon as I get back to Halifax, I'm signing up!!! Yay!!!! :lol:

I feel like getting rid of my ticker. I flucuate up a few pounds, and feel like it's a big fat lie... i'm just so sick of seeing it, and feeling like I need to constantly update it!

Argon use the ticker as an incentive. Make it your lowest weight and strive to meet or keep that weight. When you maintain or lose the weight over a period of time ie 6 months change it. I sat at 243 forever as I went up and down finally when a 238 showed up and has been with me for two weeks, I changed the ticker. I don't bother with the flucuations. If I did, I would be changing every day. LOL

Are you back from SK yet? We just from SK a weekago. That is where I was born and raised. Do you have a job yet?

Haven't visited for a while and look what I found.....size 6!!! Fantastic.

Well, size 6 is pushing it. If anyone wanted to buy me clothes, I'd definitely recommend no smaller than a 8 to be safe!! But thank you Wheezy, how are you doing?

And yeah, maybe I'll hold on to the ticker a while longer. I just feel this weird obligation to update it (even though I dont), and when its not quite right, I scream "The ticker is a lie!!!" in my head!!

So, I AM going forward with the home staging career change. I'm obligated now. I'll start the course as soon as I get back to Halifax (in SK) right now. And hopefully not be more than a month or so before I can start actually working at it. I'm pretty excited. I think it could be great.

Anyone have any tips in the way of write-offs for someone who will be primarily working out of their home?