Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

Hi Mandi (you better not be reading this while at work:paranoid) What has happened that you need a defill? I didn't read about you getting a recent fill. Is it just a blip?

You have done incredibly well and should be very proud of yourself cuz all your lap buddies sure are:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Sorry you won't spend Christmas with Dan the man but that will make the reunion in the new year just that much yummier:kiss

All the best, D

When you gain wait, your body weight presses down on the foot causing it to press outward. As you loose weight, there is less pressure on the foot, thus is does not spread so far. Example press down on a rubber ball and watch what happens then release. I believe the foot is similar. Doddie.

When you gain wait, your body weight presses down on the foot causing it to press outward. As you loose weight, there is less pressure on the foot, thus is does not spread so far. Example press down on a rubber ball and watch what happens then release. I believe the foot is similar. Doddie.

That makes sense. I never even thought about that.

Andrew

Hi Mandi (you better not be reading this while at work:paranoid) What has happened that you need a defill? I didn't read about you getting a recent fill. Is it just a blip?

You have done incredibly well and should be very proud of yourself cuz all your lap buddies sure are:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Sorry you won't spend Christmas with Dan the man but that will make the reunion in the new year just that much yummier:kiss

All the best, D

Hey Donna,

Nothing really happened making me need the defill.. I've just been feeling too tight for a while, and decided it was the time.

I got it about 4 days ago, and I felt immediately better. I drank a bottle of Water and of milk right away, and they went down amazingly. I was so happy! Since then, everything is great. I have a drink JUST before lying down to sleep, and I don't have to worry about it! Wooo! I haven't gotten too crazy with the food, luckily, so I hope if I gain (which I'm expecting), it won't be THAT much. I had a little more than I should have for xmas Breakfast AND dinner, which made me uncomfortable, but not that I had to pb/throw up. I was just trying to look TOO normal eating with my family. Definitely not eating normal person portions, so that's good... but I'm scared that because I'm getting and keeping down much more than I was previous to the defill, that's gon make me gain. Guess we'll have to see!

I'm getting pretty sick of people telling me to stop losing weight! Just to spite 'em, I'm gonna lose 15 more!

Has anyone noticed that their shoe size changed. I had to buy new golf shoes because mine are all too big. I used to wear an size 11, now I am a 10.5.

I can still wear my bigger shoes, but recently I've bought some 8.5's and 9's, when before I was always needing 10's.

I can still wear my bigger shoes, but recently I've bought some 8.5's and 9's, when before I was always needing 10's.

My feet and hands have always been bony. This is why I was surprised that I had to get my rings resized; they were literally slipping off my fingers. Sadly, my feet are still boat-sized.... :phanvan 10.5 or 11

Hey Donna,

Nothing really happened making me need the defill.. I've just been feeling too tight for a while, and decided it was the time.

I got it about 4 days ago, and I felt immediately better. I drank a bottle of Water and of milk right away, and they went down amazingly. I was so happy! Since then, everything is great. I have a drink JUST before lying down to sleep, and I don't have to worry about it! Wooo! I haven't gotten too crazy with the food, luckily, so I hope if I gain (which I'm expecting), it won't be THAT much. I had a little more than I should have for xmas breakfast AND dinner, which made me uncomfortable, but not that I had to pb/throw up. I was just trying to look TOO normal eating with my family. Definitely not eating normal person portions, so that's good... but I'm scared that because I'm getting and keeping down much more than I was previous to the defill, that's gon make me gain. Guess we'll have to see!

I'm getting pretty sick of people telling me to stop losing weight! Just to spite 'em, I'm gonna lose 15 more!

Seriously now!!!! 15 more lbs Mandi!!! I know you are just venting but you had 1.6 to go 15 more would make you 13.4 under weight!!!

I know you are kidding but isn't it not funnnny!

Tell me about your defil...where?.. in your home town?? I get the feeling why but did Dan have some input???

I looked at your most current pic and I see that Dan has lost some weight. You both look amazing!!!

I need to know...what did it take??? Where you able to eat at all without bping in the last 11/2 year???

Tell me.... what did it take?

Seriously....I need to know

Mandi how are you doing? Haven't heard from you in a while? Are you still working at your old job? We miss you .How are you doing with your de fill.?

Oh boy... defilled, now refilled, but still not losing the weight I gained with that wonderful defill (10lbs!!)! Dr. Cobourn just happened to be coming to Saint John last weekend, so I made the trip down there and got filled back up to 1cc (was at 1.3 before defill) I guess I'm going to have to go and get another little fill. So weird... what would be good for me?! Seems like SUCH a waste to go and get 0.1cc (money/driving/time wasted, I mean). But I don't want to go up to 1.2cc, when that could be too tight, you know? UGG!!!

Dan's job in Vancouver pretty much fell through, but has a new, good offer in Halifax (more money even!), so that looks like that's where we're going to go. Not until March though. I want it NOW! I want to quit soooo freakin' bad.

There was talk that they were going to take me off my current job, and put me in a diff. department that needs help... then upon asking about that further, I was told they were more thinking of switching my job into a coordinator position, which would be even WORSE than my current job. Waaaay more work, more stress, more contact with b!tch-face, and no more money. THAT especially makes me want to say "ummm... actually, I think I'm just gonna quit." I don't know what I'm going to do. Sooo confused.

So... Dr. Cobourn seemed to know alot about me! Some people around here are tellin' him my dirty little secrets (i.e. being engaged)! It's ok, I just couldn't understand how he knew when he congratulated me, then he told me!!

Did something kinda somewhat stupid, and let Dan convince me that we desperately needed a HD LCD TV! So we went to the Futureshop, and walked out with a 37" LG (brand) LCD (you know, the skinny flat screen kind) TV. They had a pretty good promotion with no interest, and 24 equal payments. No penalties for making larger payments, if we're feeling saucy... which I am sure will happen. It's really nice though, I'm pleased enough. :welldoneclap:

Got our kitties spayed on Friday, and thought everything was going good until tonight, one of them was being verrrry sleepy and lethargic, and shivering. Called the emerg. # for the vet and he reminded me that when we got them, they were kinda sick, and he had told us that the virus can resurface after stressful events. Guess that's what happened in my baby, Pan. We're bringing her in tomorrow morning... I'm a little relieved, cause I thought she was surely dying from lack of uterus. I hope it IS just a cold and it goes away soon, cause it's very sad.

What else can I tell ya? I gained some weight, I'm not changing that damn ticker, I dislike my job, can't lose that weight, been cooking waay too yummy of meals, and stole away my kitties' womanhood. Oh yeah, I have an unnatural new addiction to Old Dutch popcorn Twists. Really.... it's disturbing!

Hi Mandy.

Would your boss lay you off instead of you just quitting that way you could collect unemployment, there is nothing worse in having to go to a job that you are not happy in, i know i have been there.

Hope your little kitty's are going to be okay, fingers & toes crossed. :hug:

I had a good report from the hospital on Wednesday, there was some improvement in the cancer, they did tell me no cure that they could only treat me, so this treatment i am on is working, which the Dr. and myself were quite excited about. Dr.Luk give me the okay to lose some more weight only a little she said, because things are moving in the right direction, she wants me to take it easy. So i called the clinic today to go in for a small fill, i need it badly, i haven't gained any weight i just have not been able to lose any.

Well my daughter just called me, she is having a baby :preggers: and she over due so the Dr. is sending her to the hospital they are going to induce her. So i am going to have a new grand son soon. This will be our last grand child i was hoping for a girl but it was not meant to be. My daughter Michelle has three boys, and this will be Karen's second. I can hardly wait for it to get here, i am so excited.

Maria :cool:

So... Dr. Cobourn seemed to know alot about me! Some people around here are tellin' him my dirty little secrets (i.e. being engaged)! It's ok, I just couldn't understand how he knew when he congratulated me, then he told me!!

Do you think that maybe they may be lurking about on this website spying on us????? It feels like we are being stalked!!! lol

Hope your kitty is feeling better!

Halifax seems like a nice place to live. Their airport is soooo windy though. You would be close to Peggy's Cove. Very pretty area. Not the Rockies but it has it's charm.

Maria, glad to hear about the good report from the Doc and congratulations on your future grandchild.

Thanks Wheezy.

Yes he arrived today at 4.25 pm 9lbs 3ozs, 21 1/2 inches long big boy huh. :unsure: another grandchild to spoil.:smile:

Maria :angry:

How's the baby doing, Maria? And how about that fill?

I went to the Dr. today (nurse practitioner, actually... bless 'em), and got put on Effexor XR . I'm sexually dysfunctional, and we're going to see if this helps, until I get my bloodwork and results done, and see if anything there is the problem.

I'm desperately in need of a fill, I haven't lost any of the weight I gained over Christmas. I wanted to go last weekend, but since I have to go to Halifax in early Feb for apartment hunting, and since my fill person is 3/4 of the way to Halifax, we're gonna do it all at once instead. Bad idea, perhaps. It kills me to wait! I'm looking at apartments with gyms in them, and/or pools, and I tell ya, I'll be working my ass off if I can get in to one of those buildings. I won't be working, so I fully intend to hit the gym every damn day.

30 days until I'm done work, and only 22 of those are actual work days! Woo woo!

Hi Mandi

So it's off to Halifax. Toronto would have been better cuz you would be closer to a lot of us, but hell you are always in arms reach ha ha. I wonder if you could still apply for EI because you have to leave your job cuz of the move. At least it will give you a little income until you find something there. Take care.