Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Argon's Activities

i have wide feet too, i usually end up at payless, cuz they have a pretty good selection of wide shoes, even tho the quality isn't great.

p.s. i HATE sensible shoes!

I agree, with the Payless thing. :)

So, I actually looked at my ID today. It's from 2002 or 03, and UGGGG! I will do a side by side once I get my computer back!

i have wide feet too, i usually end up at payless, cuz they have a pretty good selection of wide shoes, even tho the quality isn't great.

p.s. i HATE sensible shoes!

Unfortunately I have to be really fussy about what shoes I buy. I learned this the hard way by buying a lot of shoes that hurt my feet. While the skin on the bottom of my feet is probably about an eighth of an inch thick, the skin on top of 'em is really thin. I get blisters really easily even when the leather is really soft. And I can't wear heels over an inch. I actually tell people that I have Lesbian feet (except when I am around my tenant who is one). This is because I have to wear flats that are kinda wide at the front end. And my feet come in drag queen size. :) Anyhow, given that my feet have imposed certain restrictions on my footwear choices, I try to get the prettiest footwear that I can and I am always offended when I see that manufacturers have made it hard for us......again!

Ugly clothes, ugly shoes. It's not right, you know.:kiss2:

To all the big footed girls,

Last time I lost weight my shoe size also went down 1/2 a size!

I've come to the realization that food is becoming less and less important to me.

I was thinking today about going home for Christmas, and how we've been doing a cheese fondue the last few years, on Christmas Eve... and how we should do that again. Then I though "Ehhh... what a waste (of food, and time)". I'd normally be able to polish of 99% of what we 'assembled' for the fondue... but now, I'd have a few pieces of bread, of mushroom, or whatever, and I'd be done.

You guys would not believe how long I've had a container of Ben & Jerry's Cherry Garcia in my freezer. At LEAST a week!

I don't fantasize about going out for a big fat steak, caesar salad, baked potato and those yummy Buns from the Keg. It's gonna be one of those things, and I'll be lucky if I ever eat ALL of whatever I do get. When I order something, I look for what might be the smallest thing on the menu. .. or what will reheat ok the next day.

Things don't taste as good anymore. I don't remember the last thing I ate that I REALLY enjoyed. Maybe that's good. I guess I shouldn't associate food with making me happy, or feel good, right? I eat it cause I'm hungry. It's almost more of a hassle eating and chewing than it's worth! Don't get me wrong, there's stuff I like... but it's not my main focus all the time, like it used to be.

These are probably the craziest words I've ever 'spoken'. I'm an eater... or I used to be. I could eat, and eat, and eat. I could eat more than my dad, more than my boyfriend. And today, I barely ate 1/2 of my 6" sub. ME!? It's still baffling me. There would be deals on 3 foot long subs, so I'd get one for my mom for lunch, and one for me... then eat half of the 3rd one, and save the rest for later.

Anyways, just saying this for myself, so I can look back someday and remember how long it took me to figure this out.... or how quickly I figured it out. But, I'm by no means "saved".

That IS half the battle, isn't it!!

I, like you notice that things I normally enjoyed eating (or shovelling) I no longer find that good. I find that because we have to chew for so long, I am noticeing tastes and textures that I do not care for. I think we are becoming food conasuers(?)( I know I spelt that wrong). And yes it is kewl!!!

My name's Mandi, and I'm addicted to my scale.< /div>

Welcome Mandi, if you find a 12 step programme let me know!

i even started a poll about weighing yourself!

Hey ARGON,

How was your trip to Moncton? Did you have a blast shopping or were you disappointed? I just went down a dress size and I debated whether to buy something as a reward or wait and then my husband suggested a smaller track suit. The pink one I have was huge and starting to fall off (I LOVE that fact) so I bought a navy blue one. It feels so great on and I get to walk to the gym and show it off on the tread mill. Yeah!

Have a great week.

Hi Neenagh,

Looks like we were banded on the same day! How are you doing? I find I'm hungry - starving actually on the full liquids so Doc started me on pureed - but I can hardly wait to eat something solid.

How did your surgery go?

Hey angelbear, glad to hear your doin well. Try make a big batch of LIPTONS chicken noodle Soup then puree it in the blender. Mmmmmm to die for!!!

Thanks guys :D

Moncton was ok. I searched and searched for some size 20 pants at Old Navy, to try on, and coudn't even find any! SOooooo... I grabbed a sweater and 2 shirts for underneath, and they fit *ok*, but I'm not quite ready to wear them in public yet. Besides, I need some nice® pants to wear it with. Not my gross (now) baggy assed jeans.

I DID, however, go looking for some 'workout' pants today, since I'm getting closer to my decision to join the gym. I couldn't justify spending $40 on sweatpants, especially when hopefully they wont last me long.... so I left empty handed. I tried on some jeans before I left though... size 20. And they fit. I'm not about to start buying more jeans yet. I bought a couple 22's a couple months ago. One of them are constantly falling off of me, and the other is just ok.

I also bought some 'gym shoes'! From Walmart. They're Dr. Scholl's. Not the nicest things, but whatever. I'm not gonna be there to impress anyone!

Went to see "Little Miss Sunshine" last night. I highly recommend it! It was sooooo good!

Anyways... have a good rest of the weekend guys.

Mandi