Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WELCOME Gym Rats!!!

The weekend:

I worked Fri, sat and Sun night shift. Fri and Sat, I only walked 1.5 miles each day on lunch break but something is better than nothing.

Sunday at home I felt decent enough that I did Week 4 day 1 of C25K. Yeah. I was happy the second 5 min jog was over but at least I was able to do it. Then at work I walked another 2 miles on the treadmill at 3.8mph. That makes 5.5 miles since Sunday midnight. Goal is to get in 12 miles of walking/jogging this week along with whatever elliptical and rowing I get in on top of that. Only have 11 more lbs to lose by the 4th of July to reach my 35 lbs in 10 weeks by the 4th. I should exceed that. :rolleyes:

OK.....Where did everyone go??? I guess I have to be accountable to myself first. I completed Week4 of C25K. I was away from home to my nephew's Court of Honor for Eagle Scouts (woohoo) and didn't get my "Day 3" in last week so I completed week 4 today. Week 5 brings 3 sets of 5 min jogs which I don't think will be a problem because today's jog/walk was not that difficult for me. It might have been all those sweets at the party that bumped up my glycogen stores in my liver. :rolleyes: Ok, so it didn't make that much of a difference but that was my way of justifying all the crap I ate this weekend. Didn't lose any weight this past week b/c junky eating this weekend but is back to chicken, cottage cheese, and so forth this week.

OK.....Where did everyone go??? I guess I have to be accountable to myself first. I completed Week4 of C25K. I was away from home to my nephew's Court of Honor for Eagle Scouts (woohoo) and didn't get my "Day 3" in last week so I completed week 4 today. Week 5 brings 3 sets of 5 min jogs which I don't think will be a problem because today's jog/walk was not that difficult for me. It might have been all those sweets at the party that bumped up my glycogen stores in my liver. :rolleyes: Ok, so it didn't make that much of a difference but that was my way of justifying all the crap I ate this weekend. Didn't lose any weight this past week b/c junky eating this weekend but is back to chicken, cottage cheese, and so forth this week.

Yep you are absolutely right, I haven't checked in here... shame on me!! Where is everyone???

Thanks Cheryl for holding us accountable. I have been doing my workouts except I didn't do any yesterday. I've been feeling nauseated every time I eat so I decided to let my stomach rest for a few days by doing liquids. I'm doing clears today and tomorrow I'll do fulls. Hopefully once that is completed I can get back to solids and feel comfortable. I think I was eating things my stomach really can't tolerate anymore (I'm 9 months out so I'm thinking it's a forever thing at this point). I checked my post op instructions to see if there was anything mentioned and there actually was. Dr. A suggests if you're feeling like I was after every meal then to do liquids for a few days (kind of like the 5 day pouch test but didn't say it directly) and all should be well afterward.

So, with that I won't really be pushing any strenuous workouts in that time. My plan is to just do a 30 minute session per day on my spinner, and for me that is pretty lightweight. I will also do a 30 set of muscle toning in that time per day. I don't really want to burn too many calories and burnout, I really need to do my liquids.

Cheryl GREAT JOB!!!! I really love to hear of anyone doing the C25K. Running (more jogging for me... LOL) has become my passion and is the single most reason I'm able to get my legs to cooperate by getting smaller. My butt and thighs have always been my biggest enemy and being able to run is really working them off. 26 Lbs to goal... whoohooooo!!!!

Keep up the great work, and hey now everyone check in!! Once I'm done with my liquids I will post my new workout schedule because I have to work it to get to goal. I set myself a timetable on when I should reach it and I'm going to try with all my might to do it!!

Hi everybody! Good job on staying consistant with working out. My goal for the week is 4 times gym/zumba.

So far Sunday/Monday I went to the gym and got my cardio and weights in. I plan on doing Zumba on Thursday and making it to the gym one other day this week. :)

k

Good morning. You may have posted it elsewhere but this computer is a little messed up so I can't see them....what kind of foods are messing you up? I am only 3 months out and I can eat just about anything within reason. Salmon gave me a bit of problem but that is it, as long as I chew well. Fortunately/unfortunately I tolerated just about anything early and never had a problem with food.

Yep you are absolutely right, I haven't checked in here... shame on me!! Where is everyone???

Thanks Cheryl for holding us accountable. I have been doing my workouts except I didn't do any yesterday. I've been feeling nauseated every time I eat so I decided to let my stomach rest for a few days by doing liquids. I'm doing clears today and tomorrow I'll do fulls. Hopefully once that is completed I can get back to solids and feel comfortable. I think I was eating things my stomach really can't tolerate anymore (I'm 9 months out so I'm thinking it's a forever thing at this point). I checked my post op instructions to see if there was anything mentioned and there actually was. Dr. A suggests if you're feeling like I was after every meal then to do liquids for a few days (kind of like the 5 day pouch test but didn't say it directly) and all should be well afterward.

So, with that I won't really be pushing any strenuous workouts in that time. My plan is to just do a 30 minute session per day on my spinner, and for me that is pretty lightweight. I will also do a 30 set of muscle toning in that time per day. I don't really want to burn too many calories and burnout, I really need to do my liquids.

Cheryl GREAT JOB!!!! I really love to hear of anyone doing the C25K. Running (more jogging for me... LOL) has become my passion and is the single most reason I'm able to get my legs to cooperate by getting smaller. My butt and thighs have always been my biggest enemy and being able to run is really working them off. 26 Lbs to goal... whoohooooo!!!!

Keep up the great work, and hey now everyone check in!! Once I'm done with my liquids I will post my new workout schedule because I have to work it to get to goal. I set myself a timetable on when I should reach it and I'm going to try with all my might to do it!!

Good morning. You may have posted it elsewhere but this computer is a little messed up so I can't see them....what kind of foods are messing you up? I am only 3 months out and I can eat just about anything within reason. Salmon gave me a bit of problem but that is it, as long as I chew well. Fortunately/unfortunately I tolerated just about anything early and never had a problem with food.

Actually I think in comparison to most sleevers lots of foods do give me issues. I realize this is not the norm. I do have issues with Salmon as well and I think it's the high fat content. Pretty much anything that is high in fat or super carby, I have a hard time with. It makes me feel really nauseous and I have to stop eating immediately when I get that feeling or I feel like I'm going to pass out, sick to my stomach and feel clammy and sweaty.

I also have a hard time with pork and beef. I can eat chicken or poultry fine and white meat fish or eggs. All veggies go down good too. I can eat up to one slice of my SaraLee Healthful bread or half a small tortilla. I'm also fine with my high Fiber oatmeal and all fresh fruits. I got really sick off a few bites of pancakes and I got nauseated after eating anything for days after eating this. So I did liquids for 24 hours and my stomach has seemed to calm down.

I even feel sick after eating most candies or anything high in sugar. Maybe this is a good thing??? I cannot binge on bad foods at all!!! LOL :)

Hey guys! My goal this week is to go to the gym 5 to 6 times and to work out an hour and a half each time I go. So far so good considering its Tuesday and I'm headed to the gym for my 2nd day. It's been interesting to say the least w/ all the mood swings, cramps, etc these past 5 days but I kept pushing myself. I hope that I can meet my personal goal of 250 by next Thursday, I'm suppose to be going to San Diego for my boyfriend's family reunion :)

Hey Candace good luck on hitting the goal! Regardless though you look fabulous and you'll be the star there no matter what. Hugs and HAVE FUN!!!

Hi everyone!!! Sorry I haven't posted in a while! Was sleeved 6/6 and have been working on recuperating. I've had some ups and downs but, mostly things have been getting better. I managed to somehow pull on the sutures.. don't know exactly what I did, but it was more painful than right after surgery. It's begining to calm back down. I did manage to walk right from the start and built up to a couple of miles per day. Yesterday I skipped because of extreme pain in suture. I'm working it out now and taking little baby walks throughought the day. I'm not sure waht they are adding up to, but I have definitely been active. I think it's helped my recovery. I'm really missing my spin classes and being out on my bike for certain. I know it's not forever.

Congratulations to all of you pushing through!!!! Thanks for your posts since they are sooooo encouraging. LillMissDiva, hope your tummy gets better soon. It seems you have a good grip on what's going on! Good luck everyone!

MNB

Thanks so much :)

Hey Candace good luck on hitting the goal! Regardless though you look fabulous and you'll be the star there no matter what. Hugs and HAVE FUN!!!

Yeah for me! I just did a great workout. Week 5 of c25k is a challenge but I met it.

30 min elliptical;

32 min treadmill: week 5 day 2 of C25k which is 5 min walk; 8min jog, then 5 min walk, 8 min jog, then I walked the rest. Was able to get 2 miles done in 27 1/4 min. I jogged 0.7 miles x 2.

10 min on rowing machine for 2000m.

Don't know when I can do Day 3 of c25k since it is 20 min straight of jogging. I work Fri night so Sat morning is definately out....

Keep up the good work everyone. Diva, glad your feeling better. I wish sweets gave me more problems. I tested it and I could eat more than I care or wish to so I need to be careful of old habits. :unsure:

Hi everyone!

mnb - heal fast! It sounds like you're doing really well and congrats on your new sleeve!!! :) You're really already working and moving, good for you!

Cheryl, doing good as always! Keep working that C25K! I need to sign up for a new one but I don't want to do it alone again. My hubby's been working on his laps and we're gonna do one together really soon. I can't wait!!! :D

As for me, I've FINALLY GOT my new workout schedule up and running (pun intended). I'm posting it here for all to see. They are in MS Excel format - enjoy!! This is average for me though I have not been doing all I can so this should get me back to form.

Good luck to all!!

ETA: it did not copy paste well so and it won't let me attach excel. Oh well you'll just have to trust me on this one. I'll post every day I'm supposed to workout. I don't workout Mondays because I hate Mondays.

Hey guys! I worked out 4 times this week at the gym averaging at least and hr and ten minutes a day. I switched it up a lot yesterday (row machine, eliptical, treadmill, bike, weights, track)...other days this week not so much due to nausea, but I think overall I had really good workout week. Next week I intend on kicking it up a notch. I'm gonna push for Monday through Friday and I'm going to drink more Protein Shakes, I hate Protein shakes lol. I was suppose to e on clears this week for my nausea but they said now I can have anything that isn't solid.... which in my brain is protein shakes. I would love suggestions on nonsolid food items lol.

Wow great job Candace!! Keep up the good work. :) I love unjury shakes and add them to the EAS Carb Advantage shakes. I only use half scoops though.

As for me and my new routine I'm sticking to it - though it's only day two now... LOL It's all good I have a great goal prize I'm after and I can tell you I'm gonna get there QUICK!!! Whoohooo!!! Anyhow, I'm doing 6X per week workouts - Mondays off. It's all mapped out so there's no wondering what I'm supposed to do.

Here was my workouts from yesterday:

AM: Treadmill 35 Mins – 469 Noon: Walk@Work 45 Mins – 327 PM: Elliptical 30 Mins – 531; Yoga 12 Mins – 86 Basal Metabolic Rate: 1622 Totals: 3035

Okay then, how's everyone else doing??? Keep up with your workouts! The more calories you burn the quicker it comes off. Also, one of my best reasons for my skin doing so well and my "flat" (as some call it) tummy is from all my workouts. I'll never stop!! I'm a CRAZY WOMAN!!! Heehee!! :lol:

Your workout is intense Diva lol! I bet it works though. The Unjury shake makes me throw up every time- I don't know why. The smell is just awful to me. I thought about trying the muscle milk kind, have you tried those? If so, are they good lol? You just gave me an idea, instead of me working out once in the AM, maybe I can do 2-a-days :)