Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WELCOME Gym Rats!!!

Now for today's workout. Check. Completed.

30 min on elliptical.

30 min on treadmill for 2.1 miles (Week 3 Day 2 of C25K).

10 min on rowing machine (2000 meters)

Eating healthy with the kids at the playground after my workout and their gymnastics.

Life goes on and it's sweet. :) ... oh yeah, I've lost 10 inches at my bellybutton :P and the boobs are shrinkin :o

and 10 points off my BMI :P

That is AWESOME Cheryl!!! Keep it up!

Today I did a 3.75 miles on my treadmill and later I'm going to do 30 minutes calisthenics. That's it for me today. Tomorrow I'll probably just enjoy a good walk at work but that will be it for then too. Friday I'm OFF!!!

I will check in again to check those upcomings off the list tho. Keep at it everyone! It's proof it works, checkout Cheryl and her missing inches... heehee :lol:

Hi all,

My week's goal and progress so far:

Monday: Ride bike 2-3 miles, walk 1 mile with hubby.

I walked 1 mile with hubby and we washed the dog at the self-serve dog wash.

Tuesday: Walk 3-4 miles with my walking group.

I made it about 2 miles. Had to turn back early. Walked another mile with my husband in the evening.

Wednesday: Follow along with Sit and Be Fit class that I recorded from PBS.

It's 8:30 p.m. I am going to go follow along with this class right now because I don't want to be a slug today. Even though I feel like it. My big incision is a little sore today. I saw the Dr. today for my first post-op and I am cleared for more activity including working out and lifting more than 1- lbs. Dr. said just don't do it if it hurts and don't go crazy-build back up slowly.

Thursday: Walk 3-4 miles with my walking group.

Friday: Follow along with Sit and Be Fit class that I recorded from PBS. Ride bike 2-3 miles, walk 1 mile with hubby.

Saturday: Day off!

Sunday: Longer bike ride with friends.

Forgot I have a big community event to organize on Sunday, so I'll be walking and biking all over my neighborhood.

Well, as my friend said to me when I first started cycling a few years back "number one rule is don't fall off!" ;-) I try to follow the rules... when I can! :-)

Hi mnbsleeve,

Dr. told me I could ride my bike as long as I didn't fall off! It feels great even though I tire pretty quickly still. Hope you get the clearance to get on yours before the full month is up.

Lynda

Today's workout: Got up at 0530 to get to the gym by 0610....

Elliptical: 30 min

Treadmill: Week 3, Day 3 of C25K. Did 2.15 miles in 30 min. Oh no, I need to check what week 4 brings...

I'm only 2.5 months out, but I don't count calories anymore. I am losing about 3-5 lbs per week which is fine for me...especially when I enjoyed EVERY calorie of the calamari last night. Yum.. For dinner I ate less than half and brought the rest home. Still plan on walking on lunch break at work over the weekend. :D

Keep up the good work, everyone!

Hi all,

I made it about 2 miles. Had to turn back early. Walked another mile with my husband in the evening.

I saw the Dr. today for my first post-op and I am cleared for more activity including working out and lifting more than 1- lbs. Dr. said just don't do it if it hurts and don't go crazy-build back up slowly. I didin't work out today.

Walked the entire walk with my walking group: 45 minutes we covered two miles. I know they walked slower for me. Rode my bike about one mile. Had to take a nap in the afternoon.

Friday: Follow along with Sit and Be Fit class that I recorded from PBS. Ride bike 2-3 miles, walk 1 mile with hubby.

I'm going to SubZero fest downtown tonight, so I will walk a mile or so there.

May skip this day off since I didn't work out on Wednesday.

Forgot I have a big community event to organize on Sunday, so I'll be walking and biking all over my neighborhood.

Wow Cheryl and lsereno! You ladies are really rocking it!! :D I'm gonna have a hard time trying to keep up with y'all!!! LOL!!!

So, as I said I would I walked 2.5 miles yesterday at work - and also like I said I would I'm taking the entire day off from workouts. It's mentally tough doing this, but I've really been kicking butt and I know my body really appreciates when I do this. It usually even shows by a loss on the scales, which is just mind numbing... LOL :)

Saturday when I wake up I'm going to pull an hour on the treadmill which usually gets me about 5.5 miles. That will be it for that day as we're going to San Francisco to watch the Giants play some baseball!!! Fun!!! Then Sunday I'll do my stationary bike for 30 and my elliptical for 30 first thing in the morning, then do 30 minutes of Calisthenics at night.

See you all in a few days!!! Whoohooo!!!

Hi all

I'm not really a gym rat but I'm trying to workout though

As for today I went to the gym "curves" for 30 mins of course

Then jumped into the pool and did 50 laps, trying to reach a higher number soon :)

Hi everyone! I am having my revision from band to VSG on 6/17 and I am stressing about the downtime from the gym afterward. My doctor told me that I could walk immediately, but hold off on aerobics until 3 weeks and weights 4 weeks. Abs will have to wait for 6-8 weeks depending on how I heal. My normal routine is 4-5 days at the gym for 1 to 2 hours each time. I generally do classes such as spin, cardio blast, step & sculpting. I am excited that I found this group!

No action for me today sad.gif Just walked for an hour in the morning before work, then got stuck in the office for literally 12 hours and now I'm just too exhausted even to think

A better day 2moro :) hopefully

Hi guys!

I've gone to Spin class early in the morning, and 3 mile walk in the evening. Rain this weekend here so no bike. Tomorrow, the day before surgery, I'm going to get a good 5 mile walk in in the am. That's it! Then 6/6 at 7am I have my surgery. Then I guess I will walk as much as possible. I'll post to let everyone know what I'm doing.

Good luck to all of you with your workouts!!! I look forward to reading about your progress!!!

Hi Jax! I was given a similar time frame by my MD. He also told me to definitely walk immediately but not too far or too fast at first, but definitely walk often. I am concerned about loosing my rythm/routine as far as exercise goes. But the walking will help keep me moving and to have a goal to work toward daily/weekly. Before you know it, we'll be back at it! :-) Good luck to you!!!

Hi everyone! I am having my revision from band to VSG on 6/17 and I am stressing about the downtime from the gym afterward. My doctor told me that I could walk immediately, but hold off on aerobics until 3 weeks and weights 4 weeks. Abs will have to wait for 6-8 weeks depending on how I heal. My normal routine is 4-5 days at the gym for 1 to 2 hours each time. I generally do classes such as spin, cardio blast, step & sculpting. I am excited that I found this group!

Hi all,

I saw the Dr. today for my first post-op and I am cleared for more activity including working out and lifting more than 1- lbs. Dr. said just don't do it if it hurts and don't go crazy-build back up slowly. I didin't work out today.

Walked the entire walk with my walking group: 45 minutes we covered two miles. I know they walked slower for me. Rode my bike about one mile. Had to take a nap in the afternoon.

Spent 3 hours walking around the Sub-Zero fest. I only sat down twice for less than 5 minutes each time. I was pooped!

Was thinking of working out today cuz I skipped Wednesday, but I've been pooped all day. Napped on and off all day and planning to hit the sack early tonight.

Hi guys!

I've gone to Spin class early in the morning, and 3 mile walk in the evening. Rain this weekend here so no bike. Tomorrow, the day before surgery, I'm going to get a good 5 mile walk in in the am. That's it! Then 6/6 at 7am I have my surgery. Then I guess I will walk as much as possible. I'll post to let everyone know what I'm doing.

Good luck to all of you with your workouts!!! I look forward to reading about your progress!!!

Big hugs and well wishes for your surgery tomorrow!!!! Please check in as soon as you feel you're up to it! :) Whoohooo you are 24 hours from being a Sleever!!

Okay so yesterday early morning I did my 60 minutes on the treadmill and that got me 5.5 miles... whooo!! I'm telling you this workout really gets me TIRED!! It's working though, my legs are shrinking big time! This is my target area, I really don't have any more weight to lose on my upper body. This last 25ish Lbs is gonna have to come off my thighs and butt. I'm workin' it though!! :D

Just now I pulled 30 minutes on my spinner and 30 minutes on my elliptical. I push myself to get between 130 and 140 bpm - and I really have to push myself hard to get there. I guess I have really good heart rate. It's usually around 60 bpm rhr. From what I hear that's a good athletic persons resting heart rate! This makes me smile!

Tonight I wanna push myself a little further so alongside my 30 minutes of calisthenics, I'm going to do some yoga too. I really need to start doing that for stretching and strength. It's good for the mind too!

Tomorrow I will do my 60 minutes on the treadmill again. Until next time folks!! Keep working those bodies!! :P