Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

WELCOME Gym Rats!!!

Welcome mnb!!! Nice to see a new poster here! Wow it sounds like you really get the workouts on. It doesn't matter at all that you don't get most of your workouts in a paid gym. All that matters is that you move that body and burn those calories. All are welcome here!! :) Also, it sounds like you are in Northern California. You might want to join in the NorCal Sleevers group too. :)

This morning started off right! I did my treadmill and I did a 5k in 36:09, 5Miles in 54:55 and my total plus my cool down was 5.5Miles and in 60:50 with 915.4 calories burned. WHOOOTTT!!! I still plan to do a 30 minute calisthenics session later this evening. Feeling good here!!! I plan to do the same on the treadmill tomorrow morning too.

Now with this kind of routine, I BETTER see some movement on that scale next Friday!!!

What has everyone else done today???

Wow LilMiss!!!! Nice work!!!! Thank you for the warm welcome and for the info on the NorCal Sleevers. I'm somewhat new to the forum so I'm still learning. I lurked for a while before I signed up. It's such a great source of information, support and inspiration!

I did a 7am spin class. I may get a walk in later today. I'm on liquids so when I work out, especially hard, like spin class, I get so damn hungry afterwards!!! LOL That's why I need my sleeve!!! :-) So my stomach growls all day and I can't focus on my work. Hope it gets better. Only one week to go before surgery!

Your 5K time was really good!!!! So was your 5.5 miles! You really kicked butt as evidenced by ALL THOSE TONS OF CALORIES YOU BURNED!!!!!! WOO HOO!!! Way to go!!!!

Thanks again for starting this group!

Welcome mnb!!! Nice to see a new poster here! Wow it sounds like you really get the workouts on. It doesn't matter at all that you don't get most of your workouts in a paid gym. All that matters is that you move that body and burn those calories. All are welcome here!! :) Also, it sounds like you are in Northern California. You might want to join in the NorCal Sleevers group too. :)

This morning started off right! I did my treadmill and I did a 5k in 36:09, 5Miles in 54:55 and my total plus my cool down was 5.5Miles and in 60:50 with 915.4 calories burned. WHOOOTTT!!! I still plan to do a 30 minute calisthenics session later this evening. Feeling good here!!! I plan to do the same on the treadmill tomorrow morning too.

Now with this kind of routine, I BETTER see some movement on that scale next Friday!!!

What has everyone else done today???

Wow LilMiss!!!! Nice work!!!! Thank you for the warm welcome and for the info on the NorCal Sleevers. I'm somewhat new to the forum so I'm still learning. I lurked for a while before I signed up. It's such a great source of information, support and inspiration!

I did a 7am spin class. I may get a walk in later today. I'm on liquids so when I work out, especially hard, like spin class, I get so damn hungry afterwards!!! LOL That's why I need my sleeve!!! :-) So my stomach growls all day and I can't focus on my work. Hope it gets better. Only one week to go before surgery!

Your 5K time was really good!!!! So was your 5.5 miles! You really kicked butt as evidenced by ALL THOSE TONS OF CALORIES YOU BURNED!!!!!! WOO HOO!!! Way to go!!!!

Thanks again for starting this group!

Heehee thanks! And to think, I have 2 bum knees. I never thought in a million years I'd be able to do what I do. I've always dreamed of being able to become a runner and every day that becomes more a reality. I think it's definitely one of the BEST NSV's I've had since having my surgery!! :D

You are doing really great pre-op! Do you have a pre-op diet your surgeon recommends? Lots do, I did. Mine was pretty much all low carbs - no liquid stuff... TG!! It was very tolerable. I even lost 9 Lbs, which was excellent! That's 9 Lbs less to goal post-op *YEAH!!!*

Take care, and try not to get too nervous, your big day is right around the corner.

Today, I rode my bike 2 miles over level ground. First time I've been on it since the sleeve (May 17). Not much gym rat activity, but I'm on my way back!

Lynda

Oops! Just saw the request for goals for this week:

Work out every day.

Monday: Ride bike 2-3 miles, walk 1 mile with hubby.

Tuesday: Walk 3-4 miles with my walking group.

Wednesday: Follow along with Sit and Be Fit class that I recorded from PBS.

Thursday: Walk 3-4 miles with my walking group.

Friday: Follow along with Sit and Be Fit class that I recorded from PBS. Ride bike 2-3 miles, walk 1 mile with hubby.

Saturday: Day off!

Sunday: Longer bike ride with friends.

I see the Dr. Wed for my first post-op.

Lynda

Hey Lynda!! Way to go on the bike! I know how tough it is just post op, so you deserve big kudos for that. Take it easy too! :) I see you have quite the schedule mapped out for next week.

Thanks! I saw someone post that they took a 2 -hr bike ride just three weeks out, so I thought I better step it up a little! Before VSG, I worked out 5 days a week: 3 days 30 min strength training with a trainer and twice a week walking 3-4 miles with my walking group and biking about a mile.

I plan to return to working with my trainer in a couple of weeks. She is on vacation till then. I will be walking with my group again this week. Not sure I can keep up, but I'm gonna try!

Lynda

Thanks! I saw someone post that they took a 2 -hr bike ride just three weeks out, so I thought I better step it up a little! Before VSG, I worked out 5 days a week: 3 days 30 min strength training with a trainer and twice a week walking 3-4 miles with my walking group and biking about a mile.

I plan to return to working with my trainer in a couple of weeks. She is on vacation till then. I will be walking with my group again this week. Not sure I can keep up, but I'm gonna try!

Lynda

Well as long as your Surgeon agrees you are ok'd to do this then there shouldn't be a problem. That's awesome and admirable!!! I just looove to see the enthusiasm for moving our bodies! It's such a great feeling, and something I enjoy doing. :)

Today my plan is to run a 5K on my treadmill and get some Spinner time later today. How's everyone else doing??

Thanks for the invite to Gym Rats, Diva!

I am moving my tush. I got up at 5:30 this morning so I could get back from the gym before my husband left work ( I have 3 & 4 yo boys.)

--I did 20 min on the elliptical (do 2-3 min increments from 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12 on the height, and 7-10 on the resistance). Then...

--Walked/jogged 30 min on the treadmill....Week 3, Day1 of couch to 5K...but I had found of different version so I had walked 5 min, jogged 90 sec, walked 90 sec, jogged 3 min, walked 3 min, and repeated that til I walked/jogged 30 min. That was 2.08 miles. Then....

-- Hopped on the rowing machine for 15 min and rowed 3000 meters. Love that upper body workout! All before 0730.

Goal this week....Wed- about the same as today.

Thurs- do some walking with family.

Fri-about the same as today...maybe get in a 5k on the treadmill instead of 2 miles.

Say- I count our hour walk at work for Sat since I work 10:30pm-7am. Soo...3 mile walk at work early Sat morning at work.

Now, off to Eddie Bauer warehouse to try to find some shorts that fit. I have gone from size 24 to 18 in the last couple of months so I need something to tie me over....and I don't mean a vodka. Ha ha.

:hurray:

WOOHOOO!!

Way to go Cheryl!

My goal this week is to go to the gym at least FOUR times this week. So far I went yesterday, and plan to go today.

Here's to motivation for movement! :)

WOW!!! Lynda, that's awesome!!! I was told I would not be able to ride my bike for at least a month. I was hoping I may be able to do it a little sooner, a little at a time on flat ground like you did. You have really encouraged me. Thanks for your post!!! Congratulations on your progress!!!!

Today, I rode my bike 2 miles over level ground. First time I've been on it since the sleeve (May 17). Not much gym rat activity, but I'm on my way back!

Lynda

Cheryl, looks like all your hard work is paying off!!! My hat off to you!!! AND you have a 3 & 4 year olds!!!! WOW!!! Good for you!!! You're a Rock Star!!!!!

I plan on walking 3 miles this evening and if I can leave work early enough I will attend a yoga class at the gym. Wedenesday and Thursday spin, Friday & Saturday walk and hopefully one last short bike ride on Sunday before my Monday morning surgery!!!! Yikes!!!!!

Thanks for the invite to Gym Rats, Diva!

I am moving my tush. I got up at 5:30 this morning so I could get back from the gym before my husband left work ( I have 3 & 4 yo boys.)

--I did 20 min on the elliptical (do 2-3 min increments from 12, 14, 16, 18, 20, 18, 16, 14, 12 on the height, and 7-10 on the resistance). Then...

--Walked/jogged 30 min on the treadmill....Week 3, Day1 of couch to 5K...but I had found of different version so I had walked 5 min, jogged 90 sec, walked 90 sec, jogged 3 min, walked 3 min, and repeated that til I walked/jogged 30 min. That was 2.08 miles. Then....

-- Hopped on the rowing machine for 15 min and rowed 3000 meters. Love that upper body workout! All before 0730.

Goal this week....Wed- about the same as today.

Thurs- do some walking with family.

Fri-about the same as today...maybe get in a 5k on the treadmill instead of 2 miles.

Say- I count our hour walk at work for Sat since I work 10:30pm-7am. Soo...3 mile walk at work early Sat morning at work.

Now, off to Eddie Bauer warehouse to try to find some shorts that fit. I have gone from size 24 to 18 in the last couple of months so I need something to tie me over....and I don't mean a vodka. Ha ha.

:hurray:

WOOHOOO!!

Hi mnbsleeve,

Dr. told me I could ride my bike as long as I didn't fall off! It feels great even though I tire pretty quickly still. Hope you get the clearance to get on yours before the full month is up.

Lynda

Hi all,

I'm two weeks out today, and so far, I found my plan for this week may be overly ambitious! I'm working on it, but haven't made my fitness goals for the first two days so far:

Monday: Ride bike 2-3 miles, walk 1 mile with hubby.

I walked 1 mile with hubby and we washed the dog at the self-serve dog wash.

Tuesday: Walk 3-4 miles with my walking group.

I made it about 2 miles. Had to turn back early. I'm going to try the Sit and Be Fit class this afternoon.

Wednesday: Follow along with Sit and Be Fit class that I recorded from PBS.

Thursday: Walk 3-4 miles with my walking group.

Friday: Follow along with Sit and Be Fit class that I recorded from PBS. Ride bike 2-3 miles, walk 1 mile with hubby.

Saturday: Day off!

Sunday: Longer bike ride with friends.

WOWWWW!!!! Great job ladies!!! You are all really kicking boootay!! :D Welcome Cheryl, I can already tell you will be a great addition here, you've already motivated me today... LOL :)

My plan for today is I did 20 minutes on my spinner and 25 minutes on my elliptical early this morning - I just did a 2 mile walk here at work and when I get home I think I'll play a little bit on my Wii. I want to do some yoga! Or I might try to find a little 30 minute set On Demand.

Okay so, no one's picked numbers yet so I'm going my replies here. So far this is what we have:

Gym Rat #1: LilMissDiva (Irene)

Gym Rat #2: Alex

Gym Rat #3: misspatrice

Gym Rat #4: mnbsleeve

Gym Rat #5: lsereno

Gym Rat #6: Cheryl

Gym Rat #7: ???

Gym Rat #8: ???

Gym Rat #9: ???

Gym Rat #10: ???

Thanks everyone for joining in! It's nice to know there are lots of us out there that enjoy a good workout. :) Hey patrice, I've got you down for that 4 days!! Heehee!! :)

You all sound like you workout quite a bit and that is excellent! It keeps me wanting to bump up my workout routines too, and right now with the weight loss slowing down I really need to do that. THANK YOU!!!