Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dianne--will lift you both in my prayers tonight...situations like you and DH are in right now seems to affect every aspect of life. The stress is so hard. My DH had a job offer the other day, one he has wanted for several years. One he would have jumped at so fast our heads would have been spinning...but with us awaiting his surgery, there is no way we can change insurance companies right now...so we will go on waiting and hoping it is offered again someday! I hope you have good news concerning a new job locally for DH very soon. Meanwhile, the best thing you can do is vent a little, and doing it here, will release some of your tension, so you can help with his!!! I do it all the time!!! We have big shoulders, especially when they are all huddled together in one big group hug for you!!!:confused:

Kat

Good Morning Y'all!

TGIF! A short week and still isn't short enough!:confused:

Dianne - I just went through what you are going through and it's not fun! The place I worked closed the doors and I was without work for a long time. I was so scared that we would lose everything we worked so hard for. After I got a job, I had about 10 other offeres. Go figure! Somehow we got through it and things are getting back to normal. I'll keep you both in my prayers!

Cindy - I am also thinking about you and your family. Just remember, think about all the fun times and special moments, it will help pull you through. Hugs!

Kat - Hopefully, after his surgery they job offer will come again. At least he can contact them and ask about it when he is feeling better.

Darcy - Glad you are enjoying your vacation! Have fun! Daughter going to camp means you get some special time with DH!:) :) :)

Sherry - Opps! I thought you said you had a blister!:) Your DH is such a sweetie!

Mary - Sure hope you are feeling better!

Pat - Girl, where are you? Can you come out and play?

Eileen - You need a new boss!:D :D :D

My foot is actually hurting me worse, the swelling is down, but the pain if awful. All day yesterday all I wanted to do was cry. I need to get back to the doctor, but just don't want to ask for more time off work. He told me if this medication didn't work he was going to send me to a Sports Doctor. I'll see what happens this weekend. I sat with ice on it all last night.

Gotta run and get dressed for work.

Dianne... Sending big hugs and a big prayer for you and your hubby! I have moved so much in my life and I have hated it almost every single time. I can't imagine how hard it would be to move after being in one spot for a long period of time... but I'm thinking it would be pretty tough! THere are always people in the world that have it tougher... but that doesn't make your worries, fears or pain less valid or important. It's a support group you are supposed to sit and share some whine with all of us once in awhile!

Betty... you must have been posting while I was typing! I'm sorry about your foot!!! I think you are going to have to get back to that doctor pronto! Are you wrapping your foot during the day? Sometimes having that support from a wrap can make things tolerable? I think you better to stop wearing those spike heals for your hubby. *wink* Seriously... I don't want to see you cry and it must be hard to concentrate at work with that pain anyway so get that appointment made girl!

Oh I'm missing so much here... can't play today either but I will catch up.

Patty hon, talk to beanie, she also was denied in the beginning... and yes, its for a reason, the fall would be better.

You all are in my prayers... "hugs and kisses"

Love yah

Betty, I'm worried about you, hon. At least call your doc. Maybe he or she will give you some new meds, or set up an appt with the Sports Med clinic without you taking time off? My doc is really good about that. You know, ankle/heel pain is the very reason I have the band today...this stuff can be fixed, but you can't be traipsing all over the place on it, unsupported! You're a hard woman to keep down!

Thanks to all the support, I made it through the one year mark...I do remember the good times and memories. I am relieved in some ways that the first year is past, even though I realize that there are bumps still ahead. It's still a heartbreak, but we made it through the "firsts" of everything, and for that, I am thankful.

We're going to the waterpark tonight with DD and friend...should be fun. Sleepover to follow the park, so we're in for a busy night. This is one of DD's nice and sweet friends (she has one who is a little devilish...thankfully, this isn't the one!).

Eileen, hope you can play soon!

Pat, are you still out there somewhere?

Hugs, Cindy

Hey Y'All

I only have a few minutes so I am not going to be able to do personals for everybody - but know that I love all of you and I am thinking only good thoughts for you.

Patty - My Momma used to say "God helps those who help themselves." Don't lie down on this one. If you don't fight, you can't win. God's plan may include several appeals.... It took four months for me - but I got the band. So, I figure you have another couple of mos of fighting to do, yet. E-mail me if you want copies of my appeal letters. I would be more than happy to help with editing, on yours, too. Hugs!! You will get what you need. I know it.

Betty - please make time to see the doc about your foot. In the grand scheme of things, how much time you took off work isn't nearly as important as your continued ability to walk! Besides, those sports medicine guys can work miracles. Hugs.

Dianne - hugs for you & your DH. I am hoping it is just they Migraine messing him up. Although they are not fun, at least they go away!

Kat - the only way I know of to get rid of brownies is to eat them... and that's what I did with mine. Sorry, I just can't help you with yours!! Feed them to the dog? Hey, you have children there... Perfect. Hugs for your DH & you.

Sherry - Chris is probably out on a hot date. We will wait to hear about the latest one... again, living vicariously thru Chrispy.

Anne? Pat? We miss you guys.

I know I have missed importand people and important issues - but I have to run. Ah the life of a mortgage underwriter.

No changes in the scale - but at least I am trying to make some better choices. I picked up a Hot Fudge Sundae for my DH yesterday at Sonic - and all I got was a Limeade. I get a gold star for that - for sure.

Hugs All Round.

Cindy-Thanks so much. You all are great. We all go through so much together. It is a blessing to have each other. How are you doing? How was dinner last night with your Dad. I've been praying for you. Glad you made it through the year. For some reason it is a relief after the date passes. I remember thinking that the very first year. I'm coming up on the 20th year in October. So hard to believe it has been so many years. It still seems like he's on a business trip a lot of the time. (((Hugs)))

Kat- Aww I'm so sorry about the timing of the job offer. What a bummer. Thanks for the prayers and hugs. You have mine also.

Betty-Thanks so much for your prayers and support. He still has his job it's just he's never been so upset with the company. And we hate the new commission plan it'is a slap in the face for him. He is like the #1 sales person for the company and this is how they say thanks!

I'm so sorry your in more pain! Talk about no fair! Take it easy. Maybe you can call in for a different medication. It sure does stink that we can only take a few things to help with pain. Tylenol just doesn't seem to do the trick when your in a lot of pain.

Darcy-Thanks for your kind words!

Eileen- We miss you. Do you want all of us to come up and corner your boss and tell him what a D-head he is!!!! You know we will...lol..

Well I can't thank all of you enough for your shoulders! When I was reading all of your posts I couldn't help but cry. I am so blessed to have all of you.

We really have to plan a get together. Wouldn't that be cool! Do you all want me to look into something. Of course everyone is welcome here! Charlotte NC 10 hours from

Oakland NJ I have no idea how many from Texas and California though. Perhaps we could go to Tennessee..Nashville or Vegas. Or we could do our own cruise. Let me know if you want me to do major research and I will.

Love you guys REALLY

Happy Friday Night :scared:

Finally I read all your posts.

Cindy love, I'm glad you had a day to reflect and remember, I have no doubt your Mom heard and felt every prayer and thought. No one can tell me that they can't. Enjoy the Water park :) get me a large cotton candy please.

Dianne, don't apologize for sharing your concerns here. We really have a special group of caring loving ladies here who IMHO you can tell anything to and they will say a prayer for you because their love is truly genuine. Hang in there, things will turn around for you.

Kat, enjoy your son's company but especially the g'baby awww. How come they moved back? If you don't mind me asking. Kudo's to your daughter for having her own place.

Patty, hugs and kisses to you. I agree with the girls, don't let them win, fight this but at the same time ENJOY your summer... I hope its less stressful for you knowing it will be in the fall. How are the boys?

Beanie babe, my scale has come to a halt too, and I'm exercising haaaaa oy vey. IMHO better choices today leads to a healthier us down the road. Our habits don't disappear w/the band so we must learn how to diet again. Want me ask wrinkles to come down and help you out :guess

Betty, I hope you made an appt w/the doctor. Don't wait any longer, the last thing you need is to create more damage to your foot. Take it easy this weekend will yah HUGS!!!

Darcy sounds like your vacation is going great ~ I love staying home and doing day things. Your braver than me thats for sure.. canoe... um not me LOL ya young whippersnapper.

Donna sorry to hear about dear auntie... sad, but your right, to go in your sleep at 90 is the best way. How is DS doing?

Sherry, that sucks that the pc crashed. We had a dell that was / is a total piece of poop...nothing but trouble from day one, thats dh's pc. I have a HP laptop and LUV it, no problems so far and I'm going on year 3.

Mary, I'm so sorry you didn't get to go to the faire, that really sucks. Can you save it for next time and maybe have it altered? Awww HUGS !!!

lunch time I ordered some chinese chicken w/rice... I was only able to eat a few bites. So i brought it home and I'm now sitting in my lazy boy eating it w/no problem ???? I noticed the other day that when I sit in this chair semi reclined, food goes down easier... isn't that *F*ed up? I just ate a bowl of rice w/no sweat and can eat more but stopped b/c I bet I had 2000 calories already LOL. Lapbands and Lazyboys dont mix LOLOL.

Nothing planned for the weekend, sosdd... how about you ???

LOLOLOL... Ohhh Miss Eileen... if you could only have seen the folks lazily floating down the river on their tubes that were laughing their butts off as I was flipped into the Water (For the second time)... then my struggle to just get up as the canoe went on down the river without me! It was torture I tell ya... repeat after me girls... CANOE TRIPS SUCK...lol. OH... and step AWAY from the lazyboy!!!! :scared:

Dianne... I have met so many wonderful people since being banded... shoot... even if I never get back under 200 again... it was worth it just for the friends that I've made! Life is bound to throw everyone a curve ball now and then and it sure is good to be able to turn to a great group of friends for support isn't it? I hope that one day I will be able to meet some of you... if you all put together a plan I'll do my best to attend if finances will allow. :)

Cindy... Make that two on the cotton candy request. I am apparently on a mission to see exactly how much food I can shove down my pie hole in one day. Hope you have fun at the waterpark and good luck with the sleepover!

Rene... I'm hereby handing you the biggest Gold Starever for that! OMIGOSH... there is not a chance in the world I could have walked away from a hot fudge sundae!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!

Mary... Sorry you didn't get to wear that great dress... BUT... on the bright side... you can still take a picture of yourself all decked out and share it with us! :)

Okay... back to laundry... ohhhhh the fun never ends!

Hi All, Hope you're doing well

I'm pooped so I won't do personals plus DH says "man you typed all that" I know when I do personal I really to type alot. I think it's because I type all day so I do it quickly and barely notice how much it is lol. Anyway I wanted to say...

Betty - You really should get your foot looked at by a sports med doc or chiro because if it hurts you have to be favoring it. If you're favoring it...guess what's going to happen? You're going to throw out your hips then your back. Believe me I learned this the hard way. Get it looked at hon...especially if it's bringing you to tears. Thats terrible!

I had a pocketbook party tonight and must of had 24 people show up. The guy sold at least 2 pocketbooks to everyone on average. I guess he sold $1100 in pocketbooks because he gave me $110 credit towards mine hee hee. Lovin it. Two girls booked off of me so if I go to their party he'll give me a $35 pocketbook for free OR 50% off one higher in price. Cool huh? It was fun and great to have all the gals here. Of course DH didn't mind that he was the only guy for almost the whole night hahaha. He loves having parties too and made everyone feel at home. The gals kept telling me how nice he was and I said yeap I got me a keeper this time :scared:

Well I'm going cross-eyed so I think I'll slip out of here. Love you folks!

If this isn't the most fantastic group of online friends anywhere, I'll fry you a pie! (Sorry, that's an expression used in East Texas, and it always makes me laugh!). Sometimes it just stuns me how we all ended up in the NJ thread...but I know there was His hand it, had to be.

Dianne, I sure would like to meet up...but don't think I could do it anytime soon, so don't get real serious...but we can always talk about it! You never know, right? Maybe Nashville?

I've gotta go, two little princesses are out in the living room, trying to eat us out of popcorn! You'd think they'd be tired after swimming for 4 hours......sheeesh!

Good Morning,

Darcy me and sports don't mix. I'm so the twinkle toes its not funny. I'm lucky I can even walk without tripping over my feet. People always stare at my feet and laugh b/c they look small for my body/height. I'm 5'10" with a size 7 1/2 shoe and no matter what job I go to, people notice my feet. I honestly think thats why I'm so clutzy. My MIL who is not even 5 feet tall wears a size 9 !!!! WTF Did your DH get pictures of you *evil grin* with the canoe? Its so true lap-bands and lazy boys don't mix....or is it lap-boys and lazy-bands don't mix HAAAAa hehehehe *i made a funnie* lolol.

Cindy its a blurr how we all came to talk here.... the only thing I remember was about a year ago when I came to the Jersey site it was vacant except Ira... he was the first one I spoke to about the surgery... then POOF! here we all are :scared: Are you enjoying your summer off so far?

Sherry... you just HAD to say the "P" word... I'm starting to break out in a sweat here.... I am, the pocketbook queen, LOVE THEM, addicted to them, gotta run in the other direction when I see them in the stores. I love purses... I ususally get mine at a place in Texas..online... no lie. Its called I GOT YOUR BAG . COM they are friendly and have the cutest bags. I have a bustier bag (see picture)... a little rascals bag, honeymooners, I love lucy, wizard of oz, betty boop and lot of others that I just LOVE !!!!! oh PURSES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whoot. Right now I'm using my green summer polka dot purse :)... I need a cold shower now LOLOL

Well I'm glad you had a successful party :)

Tonight is the carnival and fireworks with DD and DH. I made us all shirts with the USA Flag on it so we can get in the spirit of the 4th of July (since thats what the fireworks are for tonight). I'll try to remember to get pictures. Other than that, my neighbors are having a big party so we'll see whats going on over there. Normally their yard is a pit but they've cleaned it up and even have rented a tent for their guests... hmmmm? lolol, very unlike them but their yard looks beautiful.

Have a great Saturday all !!!

post-204862-13813133722379_thumb.jpg

Long time ... no post! LOL

I have been super busy and haven't really spent much time on the computer.

Ran through personals real quick....

Patty girl I am so sorry! I truly believe for me everything happens in gods' time not mine. Your time will come or to be honest it won't. I know it is hard, but where there is a will there is a way. FIGHT THEM! When they turned me down I had to do it then... it was my time ... that is why I went self pay. I could have fought... but for me it was the right decision. What ever you decide to do, I support you and am here to listen to you.... (((((HUGS))))))

Betty.... wow your foot problem sounds bad. I agree with others that seek another opinion. I feel bad that you have been having such a hard time lately with everything going on. How is Dick?

Cindy... I red the post about your daughter. I had boys! I did talk to them about it, but it was from a different angle if you get my drift! I remember mine like it was yesterday...... we went to a mom/daughter thing in the library at school. When we got home, my mom asked me if I had any question.... I didn't because we didn't talk like that usually. When the day came.... I got to stay home from school and we spent the day together. We lived in CT and took the train into NYC and shopped. She bought me this wonderful P coat... I still remember it. It was a great day and I felt special!

Eileen////// POCKETBOOKS!!!!!!!! I go crazy for POCKETBOOKS. I get most of mine at consigment shops and then hide them in the closet. ... LOL HOw was the fireworks?

Cindy: I hope you made it through the anniversary day ok. (((HUGS)))) I can totally relate. It will be 20 years my mom has been gone in January and I still get feelings. They change year to year, but I still have them. Go with them.... I have learned more about myself through the feelings I have had about my Mom. Motherless daughters.... It is a oxymoron! YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

Darcy: o.m.g. I went on a canoe trip one time and it sucked! It was a long time ago... I don't know if I feel the same way, but I'm not going to find out. Getting back in that canoe kills ya! LOL

Anne: How are you? I miss you : - )

Diane: I am always up for a "jersey get together". ANytime ... anywhere. You never know when I might be up that way. Thanks for the offer and I think this "jersey" thread rocks! I don't know what I would have done in the beginning without all the hugs and support. It is nasty out there on the main LBT sometimes. This is a safe place to share and get good advise. You are part of all of us now and I appreciate you:clap2:

Bene: WAY TO GO! I give you a lot of credit for not dipping into DH sundae! No scale changes for me either, but I don't deserve for it to go down.... I need to do the work. It ain't easy is it?

Kat: Oh my ... the job he has always wanted NOW> WTF! Timing in life is everything. He simply isn't meant to go there right now. Boy ... is he bumbed out? Give him a hug from me!

Pat :kiss2:

So, We DH in Ct for the weekend I am so enjoying my alone time. I love him with all my heart, but enjoy my time with "me".

We leave for San Antonio on Wed for DS graduation from bootcamp. 61/2 weeks has gone so fast. DH got my Dad's good digital so I can get pictures... I am excited. We booked a suite in an Inn down on Rivewalk with a pool. He will only get offbase liberty once in the five days we will be there so we are going to be torists for the rest of the time.

Ok... off to buy paint for the THIRD time for the bathroom. I have painted it twice and still don't like it. That is because I dont' like the tile or counter top so I am trying to match it and not having good luck. We will eventually redo it, but for now paint is the bandaid.

LOVE YOU GUYS.....

kisses,

Happy Saturday everyone...it is finally raining here!! Wish in some ways it wasn't, but, in others, yeehaw!!! A good reason to sit at home and do nothing! We are in a massive draught, so this is welcome! We were to the point of being put on watering restrictions, so my yard is happy!

Betty--I agree with Sherry, if you don't get your foot fixed, you are gonna mess up the rest of your body! Favoring it is just putting pressure elsewhere. When I had my last knee surgery finally done last November, my whole body was hurting, some parts I think worse than the knee! Hope the weekend resting it helps!

Darcy--I am SOOO proud of you! A canoe trip? I would never, in a million years have the courage to do that! And someone lazily floating by on an innertube laughing at me??? I'd have thrown a fish at them or something! I so agree with you about friends on here! None of you know how much I appreciate the fact that I can come here, to you, and laugh or cry or whine, and know it is ok....

Cindy-- is right you are all the greatest group! And Cindy make my fried pie out of something gross...worms maybe! If it is ANYthing palatable I WILL eat it!!! You are such a good Mom. I miss my kids being young sometimes. We had sleepovers, and did so many fun things. Soon the grandkids will be ready for that!!

Eileen--I ended up here by a clicking mistake the first time, then Trish told me about you all!! I was looking to see if anything had ever been typed in the NM room, and WOW there was people actually there!!! Oops, it was the NJ room!!! Thank heaven for my clumsy fingers!!! I always invert letters when I type, so I say I have dyslexia of the fingers! As for our son moving back...I think the #1 reason was shock over his Dad's health. He had been thinking about it, but that finalized his decision. Both he and his wife are from this area...and he is self employeed, so that helped. He is an independent welder, does most of his work on oilfield equipment, and pipeline welding, so he already has work lined up for awhile, and just got here! They were living about 60 miles north of us prior to the move. They heard from the sellers of the house they bought last night, they are back from Seattle (where they had to go to their sons funeral) and said they should be out in a few days, he told them it was not a hurry, and is in fact going to go help them load the appliances when they are ready. Yes, I am proud of him, he has become a good man!

Dianne--I would love a get together, however NM is a loooong way from y'all! I would do everything in my power to get there tho!!!

Beannie--I am hoping my DIL finishes off the brownies today...or I might help her! If it were just DH & I, I would toss them, he would not care, but the kids are slowly eating them, so guess I will just have to be strong...:cry

Sherry--my POS computer was a Compaq. Now my DD has one she loves, mine was apparently a lemon.....it was always one thing or another! DH laughs that when he heard me start saying bad words and slamming things in the office, he knew to call the former SIL (who was our resident geek at the time!!!)! Have since bought both desk top and laptop HP's and are happy again!!

Donna--Enjoy the riverwalk!! I lived in San Antonio for awhile, it was not a good time in my life, but I loved the riverwalk!!! But mostly enjoy seeing son in a good place in his life! Have fun with your "me time"....someday... even just me & hubby time would be nice!!

Patty--we are all here...we love ya, and know this is tough!

Ok enough already!!! Off to do some shopping!!

Kat