Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I FORGOT....

Just came back in from a swim in the ocean. The ocean is like a lake this morning! I swam 2 1/2 miles! I couldn't believe it... usually there are waves so it is hard.

What a glorious way to start my day!

Kisses,

:fencing: Yo Ho Yo Ho, a Pirates life for Me!

The kids and I saw Pirates of the Carribean yesterday.... I was laughing so much that I gotta see it again, probably missed a whole lot!

Feeling better about my denial and I give thanks for all my girlfriends. Right now I'm letting Jodi figure out what exactly the insurance co wants. So, I don't think I need to appeal just yet. We were frightened that they would say no to lapband, and that didn't happen. 6months of dieting we can deal with. Jodi reminded me that I had already seen the dietician 3 times.... will the insurance accept those visits and we add 3 more? We don't know yet.... but maybe. So in my head maybe I could have a July, August, September dietician and surgery in Oct, that would give me a date just 1 year behind Eileen! I kind of like that! I don't like to be a fighter but will be if the situation calls for it. Lets pray that this little hiccup works its way out. Currently I'm juggling a possible surgery for one of the twins..... if they diagnose scoliosis and I just got another letter from the tax board looking for back taxes from my ex and that stupid 401k that he took. I take it all one breath at a time.

Hey, the kids are away at the dads house and I'm gonna do girlie things today..... alittle shopping, a little eating and maybe another movie. Hugs.

Ok ...I need clothes for my cruise and I HATE clothes shopping :scared: HATE IT, HATE IT, HATE IT. I'd rather scrub toilets all day! I went to Fashion bug and Kohls. Every piece of clothing was a different size, they all fit different and nothing to me looked good. One pair would fit as one size....another pair a bigger size..and another I would of needed an even bigger size and no freaking way was I going there. Dang nabbit! I'm soooo frustrated :) See...this is why I don't even want to look at an after picture yet. I know the scale said I lost, I know everyone tells me I'm much smaller but, when I go to buy clothes why aren't they smaller in proportion with what I lost? Did I wear my other clothes so much that they stretched with me? Did the manufacturing companies all change sewers at the same time and they are blind and sew deeper into the seams? What gives? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr I'm beyond frustrating....I could just cry. Jeans one size and yet 2 sizes up on other things don't fit? This just doesn't make sense to me. OMG I'm just miserable....what the heck am I going to do for clothes?:faint: :think :omg: :tired

Hey, Sherry. Don't look at the numbers. Only go by how the clothes fit and feel on you. Letting go of size numbers is just part of our journey. It'll be hard, but you'll feel better when you do it.

I would rather buy clothes at Walmart than Fashion Bug...have you tried? Target? I also have great luck at JC Penney. I don't know what kind of cruise, is it really fancy or kinda casual? I also have found some really nice things at Dillards and Foleys.

Wish I could go shopping with you! I LOVE shopping, especially with someone else!

Do yourself a favor and forget the size numbers!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Cindy, Actually I do almost all my clothes shopping at Walmart because the prices are great and the sizes seem to fit but, our Walmart hasn't been re-stocking on things. I haven't been able to get another pair of jeans in quite some time. I bought one pair of denim jeans there and now I can't get another one. It's been so lousy that I desparately ran to Fashionbug today and then Kolhs. I bought a few things at fashion bug out of desparation but, it was so depressing. Some things are a bit snug but, I didn't want to move up a size because then they'll be too loose too fast. They won't look bad with a baggy shirt over them so I bought them. Still not thrilled with them though :scared: I'll keep the tags on in case I find something somewhere else. ....You are right....I really should ignore the sizes but, you can't help it. YOu have to look at them in order to start somewhere. It truly is depressing. DH felt bad and convinced me I"ve definately lost and since I can't buy my clothes at my usual Walmart, other stores sizes will fit differently. He's a sweetheart. It's going to take time for me to realize I have lost this weight....if you all can understand that. I know the scale says I have, and my jeans say I have but my head is having a hard time every time I look in the mirror or try clothes on. Knowing I have 80 something more to go is tough too I guess. I try to break it down to little goals but, ...well dang it...I'm really too hard on myself. Aunt flo is visiting too so that's making things more difficult. I wouldn't normally buy clothes this week anyway but, I have no choice. We leave next weekend! I'll try again maybe Tuesday when this retaining Fluid stops I guess. I love you folks...and truly appreciate you listening to my gripin. I think my biggest battle is with myself all the time. I really need to cut myself some slack....now...if I could only learn how lol

Awww how lucky am I? My DH just came in after I wrote the last message and he could see the look on my face. I told him it was still bothering me, this dang clothes shopping thing and he said..."Honey, you can't look at the numbers on those tags. When you go to those stores they have clothes made in other countries and everyone sews different. Do you think a size made here in the U.S. is going to be the same size by another country? No way. Heck I only buy American made gloves because the foreign ones never fit. You've done great, you look great and you're still doing so well." Then I got a big bear hug and a kiss on the forehead. Awwww man I just fell in love again.

Still don't have clothes for the trip but, at least I'll be naked and in love hahahaha my bad.:guess

aaahhhhhh......

Just spoke with DH. He went over to our house to meet the woman who has been renting and was suppose to buy. John hadn't heard back from her and she knew he was in town.

He let himself into the house and it is TRASHED. He was in tears. We worked so hard on it before we moved to sell it and now it is ... I don't even know. She 1/2 tore down my wall paper in the kitchen and living room. He said all the rugs are ruined. There is 'stuff' everywhere... unemptied kitty litter, the pool is green, bathrooms are gross.

we only have 2.000 of her money for deposit and Johns said it would take 5,000 before we can even show it....

We have her relatives number as a reference so John called and spoke with her sister. She "lost" it her sister said. John said he was sorry, but she needed to get her sister out of our house. She said she would have her and her kids moved out by the end of August.

I feel crushed about my house... I feel terrible for this womans kids....

DH is flying in tomorrow and we leave for San Antonio on Wed. Hopefully we will have a plan in place before we leave......

Thanks for listening...:cry

Donna, I am sooo sorry about your house. I bet you are sick. I know I would be. We've discussed buying property to rent, and this scenario stops us every time. I feel sorry for her kids, too. Kids don't ask for this crap. Then people get all whiney when someone reports them and they go into foster homes...but what would be better? Oh, I know...PARENTS. Uh-oh. I'm dangerously close to my soap box....better back away....

Say your prayers for the children, and protect your property. That's really all you can do.

Sherry, one more try on the size/number thing: if it says it's a 22, but fits like a 20, it's not gonna get too loose any faster than it would if it was a 20 that fit like a 20, right? FORGET THE NUMBERS. It's the fit that counts. Something else I've noticed is that since the style is to wear shirts pretty tight, they are actually smaller than they used to be, in the cut of them. It'll just make you crazy. Buy whatever size looks good and feels good on you. Go to Penneys. I like their A.N.A. line. You'll find something. Where do you live? I know I should know, but I guess I'm having a brain freeze!

Hugs to all, Cindy

Donna I so know how you feel. We rented our old home, when we moved, and we had so many problems, it was horrible. A big part of it we decided was the emotional attachment to the home. So in the end we sold the home, and bought a smaller house, and 2 mobile homes that we now rent out. We still get the occasional bad eggs, but the emotion is gone out of it. I don't know if that will make sense to anyone else. It is easier to rent someone a house you own rather than your home. Good luck, I hope he documented everything with pictures, etc. Poor guy, he has had a rough week hasn't he? Better buy you some massage oil to take to San Antonio!!! Relax one another!! So sorry about the house!

Kat

Hey All...

Sherry... I just hear ya! There is nothing like a shopping trip to leave you feeling funky... and I hate how Fashion Bugs sizes vary... drives me nuts! I do most of my shopping at Walmart in the size I am in no just because I don't want to spend money on big sizes... I keep thinking that it isn't permanent! Find something that is loose and comfy and remember... you obviously have a fella that is going to love you and think you look great no matter what!

Donna... I am sooooooooooooo sorry!!!! I had wanted to keep my house as a rental when married my hubby and he wouldn't hear of it... boy amd I glad we didn't! I hope you are able to get it back without any further damage being done! I feel for her kids... I'm not sure why our system is so hot to keep kids with their parents? Parents get far too many chances to get it together and by the time the courts take them away legally they are too old for many to consider adopting them. My sister has adopted three... the girls were older and are going to be a big challenge. Anyhooo.... sorry this has happened to your home!

Patty... I want to go see that movie!!! Hmmmm....maybe I'll drag the hubby today! You have such a great outlook in regards to the whole banding approval issue and I know it will all work out in the end as it should!

Kat... Hope your yard gotta good soaking! I remember the long dry summers in California and I love how everything stays green here all season... or white...lol. Boy... if I'd of had a fish... I would have thrown it for sure! AND... half of the tubers were smoking... so here I was was a frustrated... fatigued... soaking wet ex-smoker... and I wanted cigarette in the worst way! Thank goodness we were too busy dodging rocks!

Eileen... I must not be a woman... cause I have had the same purse for ages...lol. NOW... that being said... I probably have a DOZEN or more quilted totes...lol. I know what you mean about the clutzy thang... I trip all over myself in public... wait... who am I kidding... I do it all of the time!

Cindy... Ohhh... Nashville sounds like fun! I love seeing new places so I would meet nearly anywhere that I can drive to.

Okay... have to go wake the girl up so that she can get ready for her exciting camp retreat! The pal she is going with keeps telling her how much she hates the camp... that is sucks...that it's boring... etc... dang kid! We took her with us on our family trip last year and she is just not the biggest ray of sunshine ever! She reminds me of Eyeore. Emily will have to be positive enough for them both I guess!

Have a good weekend all...

Happy Birthday Darcy

Have an exciting day full of wonder and of course cake :)

:happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2: :happybday2:

Good Morning,

Darcy have a wonderful BIRTHDAY day !!! Same purse *gaasping for air* girl you need to come shopping with me. LOL

Donna, geeeze girl I'm sorry to hear about your house. It really suck that people have no regards for anyone elses stuff. I'm sorry but "she lost it" is no excuse for wrecking some ones things... uhht that makes me mad. You and John are kind people... I don't know what I would do... well yes I do, I would kick her out and turn the cheek too, what can you do right. Hugs to you !!!!

Patty, what kind of surgery will they do on your DS? I ask b/c my brother in law has scoliosis (sp?) too, he was diagnosed years ago but never did anything about it. Hugs to you lady, your plate is surely full. I'm glad your taking it one day at a time and especially yesterday, shopping and a movie... how nice. Hugs and prayers to you.

Kat.... more rain today? we are still soggy here from the rains we had last week, boy did we get alot. How is your DD making out being solo ? and did DS move in yet?

Sherry, get out of those stores now !!! It really is an awful mind game that they play. I can go to Boscov's and buy a snug 3x or go to Catherines or the Avenue and buy a 1x that fits???? go figure. Yes they are playing mind games and it sucks so try not to let it get to you. I stay clear of stores like that just because it can drive me nuts. Did you ever shop at Walmart on line? I go to walmart for my JMS bra's and they never have the quantity I need, so I go on line and poof, they are shipped to my house and no driving, dealing with people or wasting my time. Bet you can find your pants there. Don't listen to the stores, your scale is telling you the truth, you ARE smaller and getting smaller by the day. Hang in there. I get alot of my clothes from Roamans.com they have a tall section and I like their clothes (disposable clothes LOL).

The fireworks were great yesterday.... the carnival was expensive... $3 for a 1 minute ride for the kids, what a rip off, we spent $30 in tickets for DD to go on a few rides WTF is this world coming to.. cotton candy... SUGAR... FREAKIN SUGAR $3.00 a bag WTF... a candy apple, a freakin apple $3.00. I'm in the wrong business folks.. but we just sucked it up like the rest of the robots and smiled as we were getting it up the yingyang if you catch my drift. What happened to $1 rides? LOLOL snort ~~~

Well today is cleaning and swimming, and thats about it... how bout you all?

Good Morning Y'all!

Darcy - Happy Birthday! Sure hope you have a great one! You crack me up with your canoe trip! My DH and I took one one year on the river. I was paddling my a$$ off, my arms were hurting and I thought man this is not fun. I turned around to tell DH something and he was not paddling, he had his feet kicked up and laughing! Needless to say, he paddeled all the way back upstream all by himself, it wasn't so funny then!

Sherry - Hey girl, I do most of mine at Walmart or Penny's. I still have to try on everything, but I gave up on all the other stores. what happened to the time the same size was the same all over. Just pick out what you like, and forget the size tags, sometimes I think they do that just to make you look at everything.

Eileen - I am like you, I have tons of purses and shoes! Those seem to have been my two favorite things to buy before. Now, I kinda like to do the clothers thing more.

Patty - You'll get there, just be patient! Sorry about the possible surgery for the son, keep us posted.

Donna - I will never rent again, we did it for a few years before we moved here, too much work to clean up after renters. One of our renters moved and took all the light bulbs, the knobs off the cabinets, the furniture and everything else that wasn't tied down. Then they called and wanted their deposit back! I told them I was pressing theft charges and they brought most of it back. You might just want to sell it and forget it!

Cindy - I loved Nashville when I was there, but that was a long time ago!

I bet it is still a neat place though.

Dianne - I hope things are going better for you!

Beanie - I thought about you this morning when I was reading the paper. Ikea was having a big sale, and I though I bet Beanie would be there! I wish I was there!

Kat - Glad you are getting some badly needed rain! We got some here and it helped, but we need much more. Hope DH isn't going through too much with all this waiting.

Thanks for all the kind and GOOD advice. Yes, I am going to call the doctor back, it is hurting alot and if the job people want to let me go, then it will just have to be. I have to think about me! I have a large hard place on the side of my foot that I think is the problem and while the swelling is down it hurts like heck! Of course I have sat till I am losing my mind, and freezing it with ice!:)

My DB is home now, I don't know much more but thanks for all the prayers. My DA's are doing better too! You guys are wonderful!

Later!

:):P :peep: :fish: :dance: :happybday: :dance:

Happy Birthday dear Darcy, Happy Birthday tooooooo, you!

Ummmm, oh yes, go see Johnny D on your B-day. Jack & Elizabeth have a smooch that will curl your toes!

Hey Betty Boo, I don't like that your foot has been bothering you this long. :sick When is the appt?

Eileen: Channing isn't headed to surgery just yet. As a health aid for the school district I'm privy to lot of resources. Shriners Hospital in Los Angeles is an exculsive childrens hospital that specializes in ortho. Before school was out I contacted the hospital for an application and I just finished filling out the 12+ pages and sent it in. This is a philanthropic organization which means they will not ask me to pay for services. Chan slumps alot and no amount of telling him to sit up has worked. What I need is a diagnosis. All the jr high schools in our district get screened, I got the note knowing how badly my kid stands(my ex has a curved back). So, here we are on the verge on another adventure......

Donna: I didn't know you rented out property.... that is the most awful thing I've heard of. Hugs to you and your DH. Please keep us updated.

Sherry: You skinny thing. I know that you are discouraged but having worked in the clothing industry and costuming, the numbers don't mean a thing. Joan Rivers has all the size tags changed on her coats so that if someone looks they think she's a 6/7 or whatever size she has stitched in. Another top manufactuerer has trays of labels and the same dress is given a nordstrom tag then a taget tag, then Walmart etc. I kid you not! The very same garment will have 10 tags! Thats why I only shop outlet and goodwill and nothing full price. At a thrift store you have to try on the clothes because lots of people cut out the tags. Yesterday I found an adorable denim sundress with white embroidered flowers in the bodice and beading. $8.50 -- oh yeah! This losing weight thing will be discouraging to all of us in ways we never saw coming, and that gos for me as well. I love ya gal, and I'll be calling you with my song & dance when I've lost 46lbs. Hmmmmm, don't know if I'll be naked anytime soon, oh..... you're SO lucky :jaw:

Hey guys... THanks for the B-Day wishes! NO CAKE *pout* Actually... NO BODY...lol... everyone left me today! Oh but sure... they left the dogs...lol! One more year in my 30's... I guess I had better live it up!

Betty... Glad to hear you are going to go see what's up with your foot and really glad to hear the your DB is home! Yay! LOL on you hubby not rowing. :P I was in a canoe alone so not rowing was not an option...lol. I did cry at one point when I was stuck AGAIN... just after being tossed out of the canoe and suddenly I realized my sunglass clips went out with everything else! I was frustrated more than anything... and ready to sit my arse down in the middle of the river... cross my arms and refuse to go any further...lol. Oh well... it is definitely a trip to remember!

Patty... I think it is high time that the adventures around your home start having more to do with trips and less to do with hospitals! I think I will go see Johnny this evening... that kiss sounds too good to pass up!

Eileen... I hope you got to do more swimming than cleaning today! I have been analyzing my lack of urge to splurge on purses OR shoes and here is my best explanation. Ahem... Purses are carried at belly or butt level and I never want to draw attention to those area of my body AND... I have skis for feet... no need to draw attention there either! :) Now... quilts... I can wrap those suckers around my entire body... perfect. :peep: Oh... hope your back side has recovered from last night...hehehe.

Alone and 39... Dang... bartender... bring me my whine!