Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey it IS July right LLOLOLOL.

Good Morning :)

I'll be back but wanted to start this up first.

HAPPY 4th OF JULY

:peace: :usa2: :usa2: :usa2: :peace: :usa2: :usa2: :usa2: :peace: :usa2: :usa2: :usa2: :peace:

&

HAPPY CANADA DAY

:canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada: :canada:

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend filled with friends and good times.

Nothing planned here, SOSDD which is exactly what I wanted. I don't want to go anywhere or do anything, I want to relax and enjoy the weather.

Watcha all doing for the holiday?

Good Morning Y'all!

Happy 4th to y'all!

Everyone is staying pretty stable now, so we are going to chance it and go to the lake for the weekend. We have a family group that goes every year somewhere and this year we are going to Lake Whitney. I think we all need to get away from the phones and the house for a few days!:) :Banane55: :Banane46:

I have been making salads and packing since yesterday.

I broke down and went to the doctor yesterday too!:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

They took about 12 pic's of my foot, at first they thought it was a dislocation! Then when they finally let the doctor look at it he said no, that he thinks it is a soft tissue inflamation. He gave me a shot in the arse,:) and pills to take for 5 days. I can see a big difference in it already! Of course I haven't been on it as much, but still just walking on it and the swelling had made a big improvement! Maybe things are looking up!:clap2: :clap2:

Eileen - Enjoy your time at home with your family! Hope you have a nice relaxing weekend.

Everyone else enjoy yours too!

I have to go finish packing, I'll see you either Monday or Tuesday.

Hugs!

Betty, I am so happy for you that you are getting away for a few days! I am hungry for your salads already! I bet you got a cortisone shot, which should help pretty quickly...did the doc tell you to try ice? With time, a soft tissue injury will heal, so be nice to yourself!

So, it's July already? Wow!

I'm battling some emotional eating issues, but I'm just going to ride them out until this week or so passes...here we are at the one year anniversary of mom's passing. That will be on July 6. I feel differently than I thought I would, but it's hard to describe it. I know, thankfully, that many of you understand this.

On a lighter note, I am sitting on the couch, laptop in my lap, and beside me are Mickey (mini Schnauzer), Slately (big gray cat), Dharma (Bichon), and Snuggles (longhair tortoiseshell cat). At my feet, there is Annie the Airedale. Only one cat is missing, and I think she is outside, or she'd be right here, too! I'm like the animal magnet!

I've got nothing going on...so interested in everyone else's plans!

Well the car is loaded down, and I am ready to go, just waiting on DB to get here and we'll head out together. I live traveling with other cars, just feel safer that way!

Cindy - Honey I am thinking about you, the first year really is the hardest~ you will have a few rough days, I'm thinking about you!

Actually the medicine he has me on is Toradol, you have to have it in a shot form before taking any of the tablets. I have to watch it closely as it can cause damage to your liver. I have to eat something with each tablet 4x a day! So, now I have a good excuse to eat! UGH! I can't take it longer than 5days. I hate taking medications like that, but I didn't have much choice if I wanted to walk again without hurting. Of course what did I do today? I smashed my two little toes on the same foot! They are fine, just sore! Call me Miss Clutz!

Ok, going to get out the door and enjoy the time away.

Have a great one my friends, I'll see you when I get back!

Betty I am so glad to hear things are settled enough for you to get away for some good times for a change. Have a wonderful weekend!

Cindy--pet them for me!! I go outside and brush my cantankerous old cat, Bailey, every other day or so. I pet him and feed him daily, but he is not a people cat!! He has Cattitude plus! He was mean tempered 14 years ago when we got him, and he remains so today. Everyone pretty much steers clear of him. He tolerates me, my DD, and amazingly a little girl I babysit for (well she isn't little anymore) they were babies together, and she can hug and kiss on him and he lets her. Anyone else would be bloodied!! My Dad insists he will eventually win over Bailey, and tries to be nice and pet him, he takes it for a few minutes, then out come the claws, and my Dad is nursing a scratch!! He KNOWS better!! Everyone asks me why I keep him...I keep him because he is mine, I took him all those years ago, and they aren't disposable!! Besides, they keep me and I have a bad attitude too!

Eileen--I wanna stay home!! I am nursing a stupid summer cold, and not feeling great, and we have a Blues Festival to go to today. I think iced tea under the A/C is more to my liking!!

Well our luau went great!!! My folks were so surprised. We had a good crowd, and lots of food, and fun. I had a yard full of little girls in grass skirts! We used grass table skirts, and also skirted the back porch and turned it into a hut, had Tiki lanterns strung, had leis for everyone. Pineapples on the table that when you pushed the button or walked by them a hula girl come up dancing to "Wipeout". We played Hawaiian music, had coconuts for my parents to drink from. Grilled fresh pineapple, and all kinds of kabobs (not into roasting a pig). We had lit Tiki torches ringing the yard, which not added a nice touch, but burned citronella, so helped keep the skeeters away. We had palm fronds, orchids, sand and sea shells on all the tables, and skirts around them, the yard looked so festive! It clouded up and blew earlier in the day, I was so afraid it would ruin things...but it just ended up cooling it off nicely, I couldn't have ask for better weather! It was such fun. I looked around and thought, now what am I going to do with all this stuff!!! But my best friend thinks we should have a yearly luau, and just keep getting bigger & better....I said Sure, at your house and you store all this stuff!!!

Company gotta go!!!

Kat

Betty, thank you for your understanding and kindness. I sure hope you have a great weekend!

Kat, your luau sounds like it went fantastic! Just get a plastic tub, and store all that stuff, at HER house! LOL! That's a grand idea!

I'm going to teach my DD how to make real mac and cheese tonight, so that'll be our dinner, too...she just loves to learn to cook. Then we're gonna make some (caution! The following is dangerous to those avoiding sweets, especially chocolate!) "Fluffernutter Brownies." It's a Rachel Ray recipe, starts with a brownie mix and you add Peanut Butter chips, and marshmallows and nuts. We're going to take those to the fish fry tomorrow at my sister's. We don't have to take anything, but I know my DD will be very proud if she brings something that everyone oohs and aahs over.

Have a good evening!

G'mornin :bananajump:

Happy Sunday !!

Cindy :) I think your smart to just ride out the eating phase, IMHO when your dealing with all kinds of emotional things, its better to put a few on the back burner than to load yourself up and suffer even more. Does that make sense? I suck at writing. Hang in there hon and remember, its okay to mourn. Those brownies sound yummy....enjoy!

Betty have fun !!

Kat your party sounded like a blast.... hope you got pictures to share? I have a cold too (either its a cold or allergies, hard to tell). I sware every weekend I'm sick of some sort lately...uhhh. How is DH?

Our neighbors had a party yesterday and they brought in some awesome fireworks (fireworks are illegal in NJ). They were the best home fireworks I ever seen, they had a launcher that shot those babies so freakin high... I was amazed. Bet he spent $1k on them to say the least. But whats more shocking is since they are illegal, I'm surprised there were no cops there. I mean we had 4 neighbors shooting them off and not one single cop, this went on for like 2 hours. Get this... the chief of police lives on my street LOLOL.

Today is just swimming and farting aroud.

Watcha all up to?

Hi all,

Today is day three after my GB removal, and I feel so great. (well not great but really good considering I just had surgery) I am so amazed at how quick lap procedures heal. I was planning on feeling like I did after my c-sections, but I have been plesently suprised. We are packing up and heading out to see family about 2 1/2 hours away. I am planning on sleeping the whole way. I am not looking forward to the drive but I haven't seen this side of my family in over a year, and this will be the last time I can head down there because I start school in aug. I am counting down the days till July 25th. I can't wait to get my band.... Well I have to go get ready.. Yall have a GREAT july 4th weekend....

Oooops I did it again (sung like Brittany hahaha) Posted all my patriotic hellos and thanks to the June thread of course UGH. When will I ever learn. Where the heck did June go anyway?

Yesterday was a good day. DH had to run an errand so I cleaned and cleaned while he was gone. Two bathrooms (man...I feel like an old lady after doing those on my hands and knees), kitchen, livingroom, vacuumed, dishes, floors, dusting...it needed it. Working 50-55 hours a week plus 1.5 hours of travel...needless to say I don't feel like cleaning when I get home. DS was at his fathers and DH out made it easy. No one in the way except two puppies lol. They were out on the deck catching some sun and shade, drinking the Water splashed from the pool lol. Then I had time to run to Walmart to put together an Engagement gift for my friend and her bo. They came over for a cookout at 4...well at 5:30 because they ran late.

I got a picnic basket and put in it: Wheat thins, Multigrain Tortia chips, Light popcorn, Propel, two kinds of low-fat cheese, pepperoni, two plain hershey bars, mint milano Cookies, can of almonds, a photoalbum, candles in votives, Barry White CD and the movie The Notebook. My friend is banded too but her DFiance isn't so the food was planned for both. She loved it. I told her it was for a romantic picnic in her livingroom. (I would of gotten wine and glasses but, I didn't want to totally break the rules our surgeon gave us lol. The Cookies and chocolate were bad enough lol.

Today is our 1 year wedding anniversary :) We had already bought the motorcycle so I wasn't expecting anything but, DH spoiled me hee hee. He got me a heart shaped pendant that he had custom made. The jeweler had to cast the piece and he put rubies, blue sapphires and diamonds in it. Yeap...my red, white and blue to match my wedding/engagement rings and my earrings from our wedding. I love it. I'll have to try to take a pic so you can see it. It's so different but, it's so us lol I got him the first and second season of his favorite show Smallville. I'll get him the 3rd and 4th for Christmas :bananajump:

Today we go to his company cookout. I'm making peach crisp. Actually already did at my DreamDinners session I just have to bake it hee hee. DS is staying with his father tonight too so we don't have to worry about running home other than the possibility there will be puppy poopies waiting YUCK. Not much we can do about that though. He's been soooo good too.

Well I hope everyone enjoys there day and I'll be catching up soon.

:shade: Back from vacation and lived to tell about it! :)

I've just caught up on all posts and missed ya all while I was away.

So here is my update:

June 22nd: my twins graduated from Jr. High.

June 23rd: Last day of school/work. (I'm a health aid for a school)

June 24th: Pirates of the Carribean World premiere at Disneyland. I got there at noon and it was a madhouse. I found a spot on mainstreet but not in front. 7+ hours later I finally get a tiny glimpse of Kira Knightly, 1 photo of Orlando Bloom and Johnny Depp almost impossible. He was wearing a very smart grey suit, with a fedora hat. The teenagers were inconsolable and it almost got dangerous. I'm sad that I didn't have a more pleasant time but, saving a spot for myself at 6am was an impossiblity for me and really not worth my time. My friends are willing to share some of their photos with me and for that I'm grateful. I went home and rested my weary body.

June 25-26th Pack for Legoland.

June 27-Tuesday. Legoland California. The kids were wild with excitement.... you would have thought we had never visited! I let them go any where they wanted and in 4 hours time they were done. Lewis was just SO excited about our stay in a hotel, so I drove them to the Embassy Suites and there we stayed for 3 nights.

June 28th: I bought some Water pistols and we hung out by the pool. We have triple digit temperatures and I love the AC.

June 29th Took a short drive in search of a local train depot. Couldn't find it. On the way back to the hotel, found a air-conditioned bookstore and hid out for 2 hrs, had lunch and back to the pool.

June 30th Checked out and told the desk clerk we'd be back! Before leaving town we drove to Knotts berry Farm to visit a replica of Independance Hall. There was no admission and a little patriotic observance never hurt anyone. I snaped pics of the liberty bell, Betsy Ross and we spoke with Ben Franklin! The temp was nearing 100 so we jumped in the car and headed for home.

It was a good vacation and there were a few "I'm bored" moments but thats OK. We were together with no major meltdowns and thats what counts. The twins really showed some responsiblity and helped with loading and unloading the car, they acted very grown-up. But then when I wasn't watching they were having pillow fights and knocking over lamps! Adorable. When I got home Aunt Flo came to visit so being home, hot and crampy.... well, this weekend is kinda a blur. I'm sure I'll feel better tomorrow. No news on lapband...... we have a slight problem with my COBRA. But I don't wanna explain just yet.

Glad to be home!

Sounds like the holiday weekend is in full swing around here!

Patty, glad you survived the vacation! And, it sounded like a good time! Rest up a little, because now you've got summer to survive! Since DH and I are both teachers, we are home together with DD, and we enjoy it, but it seems to drive others absolutely crazy! Hope you are in the "enjoy it" category!

Eileen, thank you for your kind words and cyber-hug...you know, it's so great to have learned to roll with some things and let them be what they are...ironic. Letting go of some control actually gives you more control? I think that may be a breakthrough, there...

We have made our brownies, and boy they do look good and smell good. DD is in her room decorating a shoe box in patriotic colors, then we'll line it with wax paper, and put the brownies in it for the fish fry. I think her brownies will be a big hit, and she'll be all aglow with compliments, which is the point. Give that girl a project and a purpose, and she's in heaven.

As for me, like Sherry, I did some cleaning, but mine was on the back porch. I even broke a sweat. It was so shocking, all the dogs were actually worried! LOL! All I did was clean off the porch swing cushions, brush off the dust and stuff and then reattach the cushions. They look so much better now!

I'll check back later!

Everyone have a great day!

Good Morning :Banane57:

This cold stinks, its wearing me down LOL, either I have TOM or I'm sick lately WTF.. anyhoo

Today is DH's actual 50th birthday. We aren't planning on doing much since we had that huge party in May for him. Right now he's at home depot and me and DD watching sesame street eating blueberry crumb cake for Breakfast :D I never eat cake in the morning but its a holiday LOL. Guess I won't be getting on the scale this weekend LOL.

Whats everyone doing today?

Jen glad your feeling better and have a good trip !!

Donna, I posted on the june thread. Glad you had a good time this weekend :) welcome home.

Sherry Happy Anniversary !!! Hope you had a great day. I hear ya on cleaning after work... NOT... its just not gonna happen here either. I'm awake at 4:30 am, when I get home at 6 pm, there's no freakin way I wanna clean or cook lol. Your basket sounds lovely, you can put one together for me any day lol.

Patty welcome home ~ your vacation sounded great, glad everything worked out. My last vacation was in 1990... yep. Oh unless you want to count the hospital stay for my band ROFL!! When dd is older we might do some traveling. Sorry after all that you didn't get any pic's of Johnny D. I give you credit for staying there that long. Kudo's to the boys :Banane22:

Cindy ROFL, my dog would worry if I broke a sweat too. I hate sweating, its just a gross feeling, hot sticky and well, sweaty ick. How did your brownie taste?

Okay kiddo's, off to read.

Have a great Monday !!!

Good morning, everyone!

The brownies were great, but next time, less marshmallows on the top! They all melted together and made it really hard to cut, but they tasted great. DD taped stripes of red, white, and blue all over a shoe box (we're a very patriotic family, too!), and it looked really great and cute!

We had a good time over at my sister's...I got some nice compliments from friends of hers who haven't seen me in quite a while, which was nice, of course!

Okay moms, let me throw this at you and ask for any advice. I brought this up as a theoretical not long ago, but now I guess it's not as theoretical. DD was complaining of itching in her "personal" place, so I was helping her clean herself, and noticed she has some pubic hair. I swear. She'll be 9 in October. So, like Pat said, I talked to her about her periods and what they were. She cried. I wasn't expecting that. But I hugged her and listened and prayed for the right words. I told her that God designed our bodies and we should receive that as a blessing because it allows us to be mothers some day. She wanted to know if it hurt, and I said sometimes there are cramps, but I never had any...some people do. So, you have a general idea of how I handled it...I'm sure there will be more questions from her, so do you have any ideas of other things I can tell her? Did your mothers do anything that really made an impression on you? Mine kinda avoided the whole thing, and I want to do that differently, so she sees it as part of a bigger picture of God's design and something that should be honored.

It sure seems like this came really fast...8 years old! I've always thought she was an "old" soul...I'm gonna have to stay on my toes to keep up with her!

Eileen, enjoy your crumb cake!

Hugs to all!