Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the Florida sleevers doing????

I need to join a support group of people i can see and talk to. Is there a number i can call for this? Let me know. I live in Deerfield so its not too far from Ft Lauderdale.

I attend an in person support group at Holy Cross Hospital in Ft lauderdale on the 4th Tuesday of every month starting at 7:15 pm. It's great and sponsored by a psychologist and a nutritionist and occasionally a bariatric surgeon stops in to answer questions. The group consists of people that have had any kind of bariatric surgery and are at any point out from the surgery...some are only weeks out and some are years out. Also, they allow people who are thinking of having the surgery to sit in on the support group as well. It is very helpful and you are welcome to join us.

I need to join a support group of people i can see and talk to. Is there a number i can call for this? Let me know. I live in Deerfield so its not too far from Ft Lauderdale.

Try calling a few bariatric surgeons in your area, some support groups accept other doctors patients.

I'm bumping this up to see how all the Florida sleevers are doing! I'm still doing great out here in Sleeve-land. ;)

BTW, am I the only one who has named their sleeve? I was out with friends the other day and (since I'm still on mushies) we had to really work to figure out where to go for lunch. One of the guys suggested I name my sleeve since sleevie is going to be running my life from now on! LOL So, my sleeve has officially been named "Rex". Sleeve can't be T-rex, because he's been downsized!

I'm bumping this up to see how all the Florida sleevers are doing! I'm still doing great out here in Sleeve-land. ;)

BTW, am I the only one who has named their sleeve? I was out with friends the other day and (since I'm still on mushies) we had to really work to figure out where to go for lunch. One of the guys suggested I name my sleeve since sleevie is going to be running my life from now on! LOL So, my sleeve has officially been named "Rex". Sleeve can't be T-rex, because he's been downsized!

LOL on the "can't be T-rex because he's been downsized"... that is hilarious! I am getting sleeved tomorrow in Jax and I can't wait :) I am also thinking of naming my sleeve but I haven't come up with anything! I'm glad to hear that you have such supportive friends, I bet it makes everything just a little bit easier! I also have a strong support background but most of my friends are scattered around the US.

Doing good, super close to goal. :) Finally had lunch with co-workers and no one really noticed how little I ate. Which I was concerned with. I haven't thought about a name for my sleeve, but tiny comes to mind. LOL.....

Deb

Doing good, super close to goal. :) Finally had lunch with co-workers and no one really noticed how little I ate. Which I was concerned with. I haven't thought about a name for my sleeve, but tiny comes to mind. LOL.....

Deb

Congrats on being close to goal biggrin.gif I'm glad to hear you are doing so well!

I am so glad I have found this site. Hi everyone, I am in Delray Beach and searching for a doctor so I can have the sleeve done. I am going to be self pay so just trying to decide who I want to go with. I am so happy to see locals around :)

bellabr, Good luck with finding a surgeon. I'm happy with mine, Dr. Domkowski in Sebastian, but that's quite a drive for you. I drove down to Straxx in Ft Lauderdale and talked to Dr Michael Choi when I was first starting my journey. He was nice, but his office made me feel like I was the next number in line at the deli counter. You may have a different experience.

Just had mine done on 8-31 at St. Vincent's here in Jacksonville. Feeling pretty good now. Had a rough first few days in the hospital and once I was home but all good now. Will be going to my first support group meeting tonight. Emily how are you doing fresh out of your surgery and where in Jax did you have it done? The only thing I hope changes is that I get the full feeling sooner than later, because as it stands now I don't get the "full" feeling until I have a pain in my chest. I've heard some people say that months down the road that will change....... let's hope.

Just had mine done on 8-31 at St. Vincent's here in Jacksonville. Feeling pretty good now. Had a rough first few days in the hospital and once I was home but all good now. Will be going to my first support group meeting tonight. Emily how are you doing fresh out of your surgery and where in Jax did you have it done? The only thing I hope changes is that I get the full feeling sooner than later, because as it stands now I don't get the "full" feeling until I have a pain in my chest. I've heard some people say that months down the road that will change....... let's hope.

I'm doing good :) I had my surgery at Memorial. The first night and morning after in the hospital were awful because I didn't react very well to the pain medicine I was given, and my nurse kept telling me it was just the after-effects of the anesthesia. I was extremely dizzy and I could walk, so the gas pains in between my shoulder blades hurt a lot.... but as soon as my surgeon stopped the meds it went away and I felt 100 times better. I am home now and my pain is manageable. At this point I am just very very sore and tired. I am not having any problems getting in liquids, I just have to go very slow. So far today I've hit around 22 oz of Water. I don't really get the full feeling either, but at first when I was sipping I would get this clenching feeling that hurt a lot, but then I started sipping teeny tiny amounts and they went away. Now to get the Water down I pretty much just keep the straw in my mouth and sip constantly lol. I am hoping that as I heal I'll be able to take larger sips.

Where is the support group that you are going to? The one offered through my surgeon's office meets at times I can't make and they are mainly for band patients.... I've thought of going to one but I haven't really made any efforts to find one.

Oh Emily I am so sorry it was awful at first. Glad to hear you are doing good now!

Hi there Cindylosingit. I am in Jacksonville as well. I have not had surgery yet though. Hoping in November.

Eddie! So glad to see you on. I was getting worried. How is the heart?

Glad to see so many new sleevers here in Florida and especially here in Jacksonville! I'm also really excited to see so many people are doing well after having their sleeves done. Great news on my front. . . I've officially lost over 100 pounds! I am now at 101 pounds down! I am so excited. I only have about 40 to 50 more to go and I am at my goal weight!

Keep up the good work everyone. Before you know it you will be at your goal weight too!