Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How are the Florida sleevers doing????

Hello Florida sleevers!!!

How is everyone doing? Hope to hear from a few of you. :D

Deb

Hi Deb...I happened to run across your post regarding Fl sleevers and thought I should add a reply as I am in Fort Lauderdale...south Florida. Where is Auburndale? I am doing great with my sleeve. I am losing consistantly every week and receive compliments daily. I have dropped two scrub sizes at work and 4 pant sizes. I started my pre-op diet at 271, was around 255 the day of surgery, and am now 216. I was wearing a size 24 (barely) and am now beginning to see 18's become lose. I can now shop in the regular size area at whatever store and wear the size xl with no problem. My days in the plus sizes are dwindling down as I near size 16 pants. It has been a great journey and I continue to try to achieve the things my doctor asks of me...protein, 100 oz of Fluid daily, exercise daily, and taking all the Vitamins. I am 10 weeks post-op today and still haven't gotten a set routine with all of that but do try to take the majority of the vitamins and drink as much fluid as I can. I am pretty good with the Protein intake as I always start the day with a Protein Shake to give me a boost of protein. I have been doing atleast 3 days of exercise every week. What has your journey been like so far?

Doing great at almost 2 years post-VSG. Pregnant, thriving, loving life, not much to complain about. We live in the NW panhandle of Florida.

It's been a whirlwind of 2 years, memories, victories, struggles, but I'd do it all again to live the life I have today.

Thanks to all that replied......

Glad everyone is doing great!

My big day, Auburndale is located 30 minutes from Tampa and 30 minutes from Orlando. I am doing great. Losing, losing and losing. Feel great! I am hoping to make goal before I see my surgeon in October. (Fingers crossed) I exercise everyday. The weekends are the clean the house, detail the car. Bathe the boxers. I haven't bought any new clothes yet. I am still wearing the same clothes to work that I wore before my sleeve. They are BIG and BAGGY but I will continue to wear them. When I reach my first mini goal (first 50 pounds gone) I will go shopping. :D

I do manage to get the required Protein and fluids. I do find that certain foods now gross me out. I can not stand the smell of chicken frying, sausage and bacon cooking. sugar free pudding taste like pure salt to me. I was told that some VSG patients experience this and foods that I didn't like before I would find yummy now.

Tiff congrats on sprout. :D I have read your posts and I find you are my kind of woman. Straight forward no bs. Which is me. I don't beat around the bush either. Glad you are here for us. ;)

Melley Meister Hope all goes as planned for you and Emily in August and September. Best wishes on your journey. :D

Deb

Hello Florida Sleevers!

I just got sleeved one week ago, I started at 297.4 and so far I am down 9.8 pounds. Yay!

I'm glad to have found this place and to find other sleevers.

Support is crucial.

Does anyone know of any in-person support groups in the Miami area?

Hi Deb!

I think you were the one I was looking for! You had your surgery by Dr. Jawad. I am having to wait six months for my insurance to approve me. I am in my second month seeing the nutritionist there. My next appt isnt until July 27th. Do you go to the support meetings that they have there? I would like to go to one. I have been reading tons of books and info but I have tons more questions to ask!!

Hope to hear from you soon!!!

Jaime

I am in Satellite Beach and going to Dr. Domkowski in Sebastian for my sleeve- Thanks for starting this thread...:)

Hi my Florida people. I live in the Orlando area and will be having my surgery sometime in October hopefully. Dr. Jawad is my surgeon and I have two more weight management appointments with his office and my gallbladder scan and lab work and I am all done. I see there are a few Dr. Jawad patients on here. Have any of you had the surgery, and how was your experience.

Im in Boca Raton area.. I am 7 days post op and doing well... looking fwd to denser food... !!!!

Hey all Florida Sleevers. My name is Stephanie (Steph) and I live in Orlando. My surgery is scheduled for August 24, 3 days after my birthday. What a great birthday present. Dr. Marema is my surgeon and US Bariatrics is were I have my classes and follow up appointments. The surgery is in St. Augustine at Flagler Hospital. We love St. Augustine and plan to have a mini vacation before surgery.

Good luck to everyone and much sucess in this journey to better health.

Hello Florida Sleevers!

I just got sleeved one week ago, I started at 297.4 and so far I am down 9.8 pounds. Yay!

I'm glad to have found this place and to find other sleevers.

Support is crucial.

Does anyone know of any in-person support groups in the Miami area?

I attend an in person support group at Holy Cross Hospital in Ft lauderdale on the 4th Tuesday of every month starting at 7:15 pm. It's great and sponsored by a psychologist and a nutritionist and occasionally a bariatric surgeon stops in to answer questions. The group consists of people that have had any kind of bariatric surgery and are at any point out from the surgery...some are only weeks out and some are years out. Also, they allow people who are thinking of having the surgery to sit in on the support group as well. It is very helpful and you are welcome to join us.

I am in Satellite Beach and going to Dr. Domkowski in Sebastian for my sleeve- Thanks for starting this thread...:)

Hi, neighbor! I'm going to Dr Domkowski as well. My date is set for August 30, 2011. I'm nervous and excited and scared, all at once!! Did you "love" the psyche doctor as much as I did???

Hello fellow Florida Sleevers! I had my surgery on April 14 and have lost just over 93lbs. I live in Jacksonville, and used Dr. Depari who is affiliated with Novus Centers and Dr. Webb. This has been the best decision of my life. I have basically cut out carbs, haven't had a Diet Coke since March and am loving it all. I have become somewhat of a Life Saver Junkie though. I noticed that my breath and tastes were changing and learned it was from the fat burning off, so I do find myself wanting mints a good bit, but otherwise nothing major to report.

Good luck to all who are about to have surgery, you will be in my prayers and hope you will be as successful and happy as so many others here have been!

Hi fellow Floridians. I'm hoping for a friendlier response than what I've gotten in other rooms thus far (um, no response :( ). My name is Eddie. I live in Jacksonville and am going in for a Band to Sleeve revision on 9/6 with Dr. Webb from N FL Surgeons. Even though I've already been through the band surgery, I've gotta admit I'm a little nervous about this one. Would really love to hear from some of you who have been through this already..