Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love this idea of listing 12 things!!

1. I want to be able to buy and wear cute shoes. So tired of buying "comfort shoes" in wide width.

2. I want to be able to wear sleeveless and short sleeved shirts. I have been hiding behind 3/4 length shirts when it is 95 degrees and that is miserable.

3. I want to quit having horribly embarrassing episodes of sweating that leaves my hair and clothes totally soaking wet while everyone around me isn't even warm.

4. I want to get rid of diabetes for ever and live an overall healthy life.

5. I want to go, see and do all those things I don't do now for fear of seeing someone who hasn't seen me since I got fat.

6. I want to look the person in the face when I renew my license and tell them my weight. Yes, my REAL weight.

7. I want to talk to people who actually look me in the eye instead of avoiding eye contact with me like I don't exist.

8. I want to sleep better at night and quit feeling tired all the time.

9. I want to sneak up on my son down the hall who always hears me coming because I creak and pop so loudly.

10. I want to buy clothes at any store instead of knowing I can only shop online or from plus sized stores.

11. I want to go to a concert, baseball game or fly on a plane without feeling I have to curl up into a ball so my body doesn't touch the person next to me.

12. Last but not least... If Stella can get her groove back then so can Jen!

LOVE #12! get em girl :)

I love this idea of listing 12 things!!

1. I want to be able to buy and wear cute shoes. So tired of buying "comfort shoes" in wide width.

2. I want to be able to wear sleeveless and short sleeved shirts. I have been hiding behind 3/4 length shirts when it is 95 degrees and that is miserable.

3. I want to quit having horribly embarrassing episodes of sweating that leaves my hair and clothes totally soaking wet while everyone around me isn't even warm.

4. I want to get rid of diabetes for ever and live an overall healthy life.

5. I want to go, see and do all those things I don't do now for fear of seeing someone who hasn't seen me since I got fat.

6. I want to look the person in the face when I renew my license and tell them my weight. Yes, my REAL weight.

7. I want to talk to people who actually look me in the eye instead of avoiding eye contact with me like I don't exist.

8. I want to sleep better at night and quit feeling tired all the time.

9. I want to sneak up on my son down the hall who always hears me coming because I creak and pop so loudly.

10. I want to buy clothes at any store instead of knowing I can only shop online or from plus sized stores.

11. I want to go to a concert, baseball game or fly on a plane without feeling I have to curl up into a ball so my body doesn't touch the person next to me.

12. Last but not least... If Stella can get her groove back then so can Jen!

1. Don't want to run out of breath just from walking anymore

2. No more ankle and back pain

3. Want to take a picture with my daughter and not just think about how fat I am.

4. Go clothes shopping and comfortably fit whatever I try on.

5. Tired of being the "fat girl" of the group with the pretty face.

6. Go to class and fit comfortably in a student desk.

7. No more visiting friends who lost weight and want to give me their fat clothes

8. Wear a high heel shoe without my shoes being too tight.

9. No more double chin!

10. NO MORE STRETCHY JEANS

11. NO MORE SIZE 22/24

12. FIT ON THE RIDES AT SIX FLAG & THE STATE FAIR

1. I want my energy back. I am so sick of being exhausted after cleaning ONE room in my house!

2: I want to feel and be healthier, withour the threat of weight related conditions hanging precariously above my head.

3. I want to be able to play with my kids while they are still young enough to WANT to play with mom n dad

4. I want to live and long happy life and see my grandkids and play with them too!

5: I want to be able to get out in the world and do all the things I used to love to do but can't anymore because of weight getting in the way (like hiking!)

6. I want to get rid of my pesky PCOS problem which both contributed to my weight gain and is worsened by it, the worse it gets the more I gain.Its a vicious cycle I want to END!

7. I want to eat to live!

8. I want to be able to look in the mirror and LIKE what I see!

9. I want to go to the store and have more options on clothing, and NOT have to buy things that look like they were made for a 96 year old woman who doesn't like things that don't have a stretchy waist.

10. I want to regain the confidence I had when I was younger and thinner. I started getting self- conscious around the 200 mark.. my personal goal is 180 my docs goal is 150, I am okay with being slightly chubby, as long as I am healthy and happy :)

11. I want my weight to stop running my life, *I* want to run my life and LIVE it to the fullest

12. This is silly, I know, but I want to be able to sit on hubby's lap and not worry I will break his legs or something. Its so simple and yet so depressing to fear that your weight will hurt your loved ones :(

I could come up with more but you said 12 so I will stop there. Thanks for posting! I have been considering WLS but now that I made a list of all the things that I want that WLS can give me, I am more sure now than ever that I am on the right path. There is just something about saying/writing it all out that really puts it in perspective, you know?

Wow you are on your way. You have lost weight already! Great! Your surgery is one day after me. I love your list, except about having sex with your husband I don't even know him...:lol:

Papa Jack

1. To get off all my medications

2. To no longer be considered to have diabetes

3. To have better and more sex with hubby

4. To be able to fit in a regular airplane seat and not need the extender belt

5. To be able to look in the mirror and not cry at what I see

6. To cross my legs comfortably

7. To be able to buy clothes from any store and not worry about the size

8. To have more energy to go out walking, hiking, playing with the dogs

9. To set a good example for my husband and daughter

10. To not have food control my every waking thought, but to have control over food

11. To live long enough to see my grandchildren (when I have them) grow to be adults and be happy

12. To no longer have my pannie get in the way of my lap, my clothes, cause skin breakdown underneath. (I can’t wait to get rid of this actually).

This is just a small list. I am sure I will come up with more as my day draws closer. 3 weeks baby, Yeah!

Sheila

Thanks Papa Jack! I have worked hard to make my journey as successful as I could. Amazing what will happen if you start to limit your food intake, the pounds just start to melt off.

Good luck with your surgery. I know we will be great success stories.

My list, I have thought about those things for a while, and I always put my husband up towards to the top. He is as important in this equation of the weight loss journey as anything I am doing. The two of us are in this thing together, which breeds intimacy!

Good luck on the 26th. Will be thinking of you.

Sheila

Wow you are on your way. You have lost weight already! Great! Your surgery is one day after me. I love your list, except about having sex with your husband I don't even know him...:lol:

Papa Jack

Great post!!

1. To love getting my picture taken again!

2. To be able to shop in regular stores and wear cute clothes

3. To stop backing out of events because I am sick of feeling like I am the fattest one in the room.

4. Looking forward to my next trip to Disney World. The last 3 trips I was miserable with my feet hurting and chubby chaffing!

5. To wear a cute dress or skirt, I hate wearing dresses/skirts cuz I look terrible on me!

6. To possibly wear a bikini and if not, and hot looking one piece is fine too!

7. To get thin enough to get a Tummy Tuck, I have always had a pouch as far back as I can remember. Probably like 14-15 when it developed. Can't wait to get rid of it and actually feel what a flat stomach feels like.

8. To be able to wear my high heels again.

9. To get a cute hair cut, not some thing just cause it will flatter my face.

10. To wear my hair in a ponytail or up in a style. I don't do it now cuz my face is so fat.

11. To be happy with myself and to love myself. I deserve to love myself I am a good person, but I hate myself because I am fat.

12. To have my sex drive back and to be able to be adventurous in bed again.

I can't wait, like someone else said, I can't wait for the summer to be over so I can get sleeved!!

1. Reduce overall body pain - all this extra weight hurts!

2. Slowdown the onset of my arthritis. I already know i need two new knees. The knee surgeon implored, begged me to get some weight off so I don't wind up disabled. This actually makes me cry a little.. I mean I can't control my hunger and eating even though I am at risk of becoming disabled???

3. Being able to fullfill even more of my horse dreams. I love riding, I love my riding friends - it is a thrill and a joy and a central theme in my life (now that my kids are adults). I want to do more! I want to ride steep mountains, do long endurance rides, run barrels (speed!), ride in a drillteam (spandex!) but mostly I want to be a really good rider and I am currently limited severely by all this excess weight.

4. I want to have more energy and endurance and not be sweaty exhausted from physical exertion.

5. I want additional career opportunities - I am pretty sure that my obesity has ruled me out from certain promotions

6. I want to not feel embarrassed in social situations. I want to look in the range of normal

7. I travel frequently for business and even though I don't need an extender, I feel like a sardine in a can. I remember the days of not being pressed up against the seat arms, I want those days again!

8. I want to feel more attractive and noticed in a good way by the opposite sex (especially DH, but hey, I am flexible!)

9. I want to live long and stay active enough to enjoy those future grandkids!

10. I want to make a long trek through exotic lands, and dang it, i just don't have the energy to do it.

11. It would be great if my feet didn't hurt as much (oh, did I mention pain already??)

12. I just want to be a normal person who doesn't constantly think about food, eating, not eating, weight, if clothes fit, if that chair will be comfortable etc. Is that too much to ask?

I love this idea!

(In no order... I want them all equally!)

1. To not have back rolls under my bra!

2. To not have to be asked "Awwww, how far along are you?" when I don't have any children...

3. To not have a panic attack when someone brings out a camera!

4. To not feel the need to place a pillow in my lap on the couch to "hide" the gut!

5. To not feel the desire to pull my shirt neck up over my chin to hide my "goozle" (or fat chin and neck) haha!

6. I want to be small enough to fit in t-shirts made for women instead of men, so I don't have a tight fit around the waist with the shoulders and sleeves 3/4 down my arms!

7. To not be afraid of my husband's friends seeing me, for fear that they will feel sorry for him!

8. I want to take ballroom dance classes with my husband!

9. I want to be able to buy clothes that I LIKE, rather than what fits and is affordable!

10. I want to be able to wear shorts in public without worrying about my "globby" knees and wide calves!

11. I want my husband to be able to see me in a swimsuit again!

12. To not have to worry about anymore PCOS problems!

I love this idea!

(In no order... I want them all equally!)

1. To not have back rolls under my bra!

2. To not have to be asked "Awwww, how far along are you?" when I don't have any children...

3. To not have a panic attack when someone brings out a camera!

4. To not feel the need to place a pillow in my lap on the couch to "hide" the gut!

5. To not feel the desire to pull my shirt neck up over my chin to hide my "goozle" (or fat chin and neck) haha!

6. I want to be small enough to fit in t-shirts made for women instead of men, so I don't have a tight fit around the waist with the shoulders and sleeves 3/4 down my arms!

7. To not be afraid of my husband's friends seeing me, for fear that they will feel sorry for him!

8. I want to take ballroom dance classes with my husband!

9. I want to be able to buy clothes that I LIKE, rather than what fits and is affordable!

10. I want to be able to wear shorts in public without worrying about my "globby" knees and wide calves!

11. I want my husband to be able to see me in a swimsuit again!

12. To not have to worry about anymore PCOS problems!

OMG-your #1 & #4 lol I am adding those to my list! Thought I was the only one who did the pillow and pocket book thing...

OMG-your #1 & #4 lol I am adding those to my list! Thought I was the only one who did the pillow and pocket book thing...

Haha, no way! ANY where I go, I have my purse clutched around belly when I sit down! People probably think I'm afraid of getting mugged! :)

I love this idea... I actually made a list with 10 of them in a "pros and cons" list when I first started considering surgery.

1. Be able to attend sporting events and concerts and actually fit in the seat

2. Be able to fly without having to ask for a seat belt extender and trying to sweet talk the attendant into finding a row for me with an empty seat beside me.

3. Buying clothes from a store that does not have "Big and tall" somewhere in the title.

4. Able to walk more than a few dozen yards without my back, legs or lungs giving out.

5. Ditching my CPAP machine after 13 years.

6. Crossing my legs.

7. Not flop-sweating after the smallest of exertions.

8. Running a triathlon, even if only a short one.

9. Ability to care for my elderly parents if they need me.

10. Having someone notice me not for my whale-like physique, but for my dolphin-like personality.

11. Able to participate in sporting activities such as golf, softball, hiking, fishing, etc.

12. Eliminating the word "Can't" from my vocabulary.

I love this idea...I am going to write one up myself and keep it on my refrigerator for those times after surgery when I get discouraged and tempted to eat something I shouldn't! I am also going to share it with my best friend. We are both going through the process to get the sleeve surgery.

Here are some that are going to be included in my list for sure but my list is pretty long...I have never been thin so there are a lot of things I can't wait to experience for the 1st time!

1. Get rid of my PCOS once and for all!

2. Be able to get cute clothes at the thrift store

3. Hoping sex with hubby is so much better when I am thin...not that it's bad now :D

4. Ride a bike, go for a hike, be more active

5. No more knee pain

6. No more horrible, itchy rashes on my thighs and under my fat apron from the heat and humidity

7. To go to my high school reunion as a thin woman

8. Hoping to see a particular ex boyfriend and rub his nose in it (sounds silly but the last time I saw him he sat at a table in a restaurant w/his buddies and made fun of me)

9, If I get pregnant again....to have a real pregnant belly and do belly pictures and belly art

10. Most importantly...to be healthy and live a long life, to be a positive role model for my kids and hopefully be able to save them from the same problems I have had.