Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeved 2 days ago - Hospital Experiences

Just got home from the hospital and had a pretty good experience. I was sleeved at 10 am Monday morning. The surgery itself went well. I did not have a drain and was back in my room in about 3 hrs. Fortunately, I had no pain at all really. Unfortunately, I had a bad reaction to the anesthetic. I was really nauseated for the next 26 hrs. I even had dry heaves all night long basically every time I lifted my had from the bed. But, no pain at all! Once the nausea was under control and I could walk around, I started getting up more and then I really began to rebound. The walking is so great. I don't have any trouble getting the fluids in and I had my first Protein shake when I got home tonight. It took an hour or so to get down but I don't feel too full or uncomfortable. Don't have any gas issues either. Looking forward to the next couple of days to see how it goes. Hope eveyone else that is getting sleeved this week feels this good 60 hrs out.

Well I am soo glad your sugery went soo well..Just keep increasing Fluid intake and try to get to 64 oz a day.. YOu kinda had the same experience that I did having surgery

Glad you are over the nausea. Everyday gets better.

thank you. the only problem i am currently having is headaches, i"ve had one basically every night for the last three nights... any advice? they go away in the morning but they wake me up and i end up having to take pain meds for them.

thank you. the only problem i am currently having is headaches, i"ve had one basically every night for the last three nights... any advice? they go away in the morning but they wake me up and i end up having to take pain meds for them.

Were you drinking caffeinated beverages regularly pre surgery? If so, you might be experiencing caffeine headaches. If that's the case they should fade away as your body gets used to going without.

Take 2 Ibupropen. It`s amazing for tooth aches and headaches.. Good luck.

Congrats on your surgery! The only advice I have on the headaches is using the pressure point in the web of your hand. Squeeze the muscle in the web between thumb and pointer. I've only known a coupld people it works for, but it does minimize mine. Worth a shot, right? A neck massage can also help.....hope they get better soon.

I had my surgery on Tuesday, (day after you) and I am still suffering from the daily headaches as well. I think it is from the sugar free stuff?!? Who knows.

I had a rough first two days, but am starting to rebound now, and feeling pretty darn good. Had pudding today, and you would have thought I was getting a steak : ) So happy to have something with some substance. Continue to heal... I did get a drain, and go back Monday to have it removed. All in all a good experience. The worst was the nausea.

I was sleeved on Monday at 8 am and only now starting to feel somewhat human. Agree with you about the headaches. I have them everyday but I think it's because I am not getting enough nutrients but I'm no dr. I have the drain in and cannot wait until Monday at 2 pm to have it removed. The nausea was awful and I still have it so I take the meds every 12 hrs to reduce it. For the headaches I have been taking 2 Tylenol and it has helped. I have tried the pressure points at my temple but no good. Glad to hear you are doing well. I will definitely try the pressure points on the hand. Thanks for the tip!

I haven't been sleeved yet but 2 weeks ago I decided to give up caffeine because I figured it would be a problem when it came time for surgery. I had some wicked headaches off and on for several days so that could possibly be it. I didn't think I was a heavy caffeine drinker, just a couple cups of tea a day and a soda once or twice a week.

I hope they get better for you.

Thanks for all your good advice. I started taking liquid Tylenol and it helped. They would come right back after it wore off but at least I could get back to sleep. I think it may be lack of caffeine and too much sugar free stuff too. At least the nausea is gone. Also I think I was a little dehydrated. More Water has helped.

I am having an awful time with the Protein drinks though. They just gag me. They are so foamy and sweet. I really am not a sweetaholic. I got myself in this mess (weight) by eating carbs. Baked potatoes, Pasta, breads, chips, etc. All this sweet food is just too much. In my town, there doesn't seem to be anyone who sells Protein powder that is not sweetened. I look at these Protein Bars, puddings, jellos and mixes and think how much more of this can I endure?

My ideal combination would be some kind of Protein Powder to mix in V8. I like vegetable juice so much more than chocolate, vanilla or fruit flavored drinks. But both places that I go to do not have any that is not flavorized already. I looked in a bariatric catalog last night and didn't find any plain Protein powder in there either. Am I just missing something?

I know this might sound weird but go to skymall.com and look up Protein. there are several items that have 3 oz protein shot /meal replacements. I got some to help with the overall protein since its hard for me to drink so many shakes. My favorite so far is the hazelnut coffee.< /p>