Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

No secret, just followed the rules, eat Protein first, get in my fluids, work out, I am very boring.....:) I did this for my health, so that is why I stick to the rules......... carbs..?? what are those? lol... I stay away from them if possible.. I tried to eat bread once, once was enough, as it made me sick... so I keep my diet simple....... Proteins, veggies..... and fluids. I see you are about to have surgery. Best of luck to you and please keep us posted.

Hi Deb...I have my 6 month post op in a couple of weeks, so I want to lose 5 pounds and plan on doing very low carbs until then, so I've got some eggface recipes, made egg bites this morning in my mini muffin tin, bought some salami and cheese, olives, romaine, cherry tomatoes, going to get fish and other Protein and see how I do. My weight loss is really slow now as I get closer to goal, so I want to put a lot of effort into getting myself back into losing mode. I am wearing a 14 but long to get into an 8-10. Whoever said this is easy doesn't have a clue, I crave carbs and don't want to go back to the days of snacking all day. How are you doing, are you happy with your sleeve and your weight loss?

you need to get your Protein in, it helps with the hair loss..... if you slack off on your protein, your hair will start to fall out again..... I always watch and can tell if I have not been getting in enough, my hairdresser will even tell me.......... your losing more hair........and for all you ladies out there that get your hair colored, be sure to tell your hairdresser you are fixing to have this surgery......... I almost did not and when I went to get colored I told her and she said "good thing you told me" If I would have put this on your hair it would have all fell out......so she used a different additive............... She told me never to hide any surgery from your hairdresser as it ALL affects our hair and folicles........

you need to get your Protein in, it helps with the hair loss..... if you slack off on your protein, your hair will start to fall out again..... I always watch and can tell if I have not been getting in enough, my hairdresser will even tell me.......... your losing more hair........and for all you ladies out there that get your hair colored, be sure to tell your hairdresser you are fixing to have this surgery......... I almost did not and when I went to get colored I told her and she said "good thing you told me" If I would have put this on your hair it would have all fell out......so she used a different additive............... She told me never to hide any surgery from your hairdresser as it ALL affects our hair and folicles........

Gee wish I would have know this a month ago! I am having surgery on the 19th. I am getting my protein in on my liquid diet so hope that helps at least! Thanks!

yes Mae, Liquid Protein is the same..... you are required to get so many grams per day...... follow that, you will have less hair fallout if you do. of course you will have some........... just because of the shock to your body., but after your surgery if and when you go to the hairdresser tell her/ him that you had bariatric surgery............ it is in your best interest not to hide it from them of all people. "only our hairdresser knows" LOL best of luck to you!

Imlooznit: Thanks for the tip! it sounds like you are very low carb...See, I think that's your secret =), Thanks for the well wishes, I need all I can get.

Hi Katie, You are just awesome I have been following you and you are an inspiration! You were I think the second person to contact me through this forum and have always been supportive and encouraging every time we talk. Congrats on your success so far, and I have no doubt you will get that 5lbs off and then some to get to your goal. I crave carbs also I think that's what got me here to begin with...sigh)))) and has me scared as I go forward, Oct 22d is my big day, and I keep looking at the calendar several times a day, I guess I think if I keep looking it will speed up hahahaha! So hey it's just 9 more days and it can't come fast enough. I have a busy schedule this next week, Monday is my B-day, next Saturday we go to my sons and daughter-in-laws house in San Diego stay until Monday morning when I'll be picked up by the driver and off to TJ Dr. Ponce and my VSG! It's really going to go fast when this next Monday is over with!!!

yes Mae, liquid Protein is the same..... you are required to get so many grams per day...... follow that, you will have less hair fallout if you do. of course you will have some........... just because of the shock to your body., but after your surgery if and when you go to the hairdresser tell her/ him that you had bariatric surgery............ it is in your best interest not to hide it from them of all people. "only our hairdresser knows" LOL best of luck to you!

Thanks!

Gee wish I would have know this a month ago! I am having surgery on the 19th. I am getting my Protein in on my liquid diet so hope that helps at least! Thanks!

I wish I would have known it 4 days ago!! OH BOY

Congrats on your up coming surgery, I will be following you in 3days :huh:

From one Libra to another Happy Birthday!! Mine is tomorrow the 14th and I am 3 months out and 55 lbs down and think its the best thing I've ever done (other than grandkids! lol). Its a great way to start my 52nd year! Look forward to hearing about your success. Good luck!!

From one Libra to another Happy Birthday!! Mine is tomorrow the 14th and I am 3 months out and 55 lbs down and think its the best thing I've ever done (other than grandkids! lol). Its a great way to start my 52nd year! Look forward to hearing about your success. Good luck!!

Happy Birthday back at ya!! WOW three months and 55 lbs, that's...AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for the well wishes. Any tips you can toss my way?

Deb...wow you are almost there. I was so excited when I knew I was getting close to my surgery, I was approved in January 2012 but postponed until April because I had to move in March and had a work conference in early April. The timing had to be right for MY life. This journey is sooo personal, and give it all you got, think positive. I visualized my success and it was easier to work hard. This is the BEST thing I ever did for my health and I feel great!!

I've finally got my surgery date! I'm 53 years old, current weight is 250 lbs., and my surgery is scheduled for nov. 6th. I'm very nervous and excited at the same time. I start my liquid per-op diet on the 22nd. Good luck to all with upcoming surgeries. I feel like my journey is finally ready to begin.

Happy Birthday back at ya!! WOW three months and 55 lbs, that's...AMAZING!!! Thank you so much for the well wishes. Any tips you can toss my way?

Just take it slow and easy. Also I am a foodie so to me part of my problem was flavoring so I season everything! lol It really does help. Everyone is different and you will find that things you loved you wont so much and things you didnt you do.... for me ice cream and breads are pretty much gone and I am loving me some brussel sprouts and cottage cheese lol....

HI, I am 4 days til surgery... Wed. 10/17. You are all so inspiring and keep me motivated. I am so excited for this change in my life... ohh I am 59 and 5' tall 192 lbs.

HI' date=' I am 4 days til surgery... Wed. 10/17. You are all so inspiring and keep me motivated. I am so excited for this change in my life... ohh I am 59 and 5' tall 192 lbs.[/quote']

Good luck and keep us posted!