Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where are the 50s ???

Cinders...welcome to the 50's group. Are you doing a pre-op diet before you go down to TJ for your surgery? Most doctors here in the US require a liquid diet for a few days up to 2 weeks to shrink the liver before surgery. Not sure if because you are a self pay in TJ if that is the case with you, but you might want to consider it for a safer surgery.

Sorry you lost your hubby...I lost mine 21 years ago in an accident. It can be a trying time and you need time to grieve.

If you can get emotional support after your surgery I would highly recommend it, as it is you are grieving, but to tell you the truth, you will have another thing to mourn - the loss having food as a comfort the way you may be accustomed to. Be kind to yourself, and talk to friends you can trust, and possibly seek a weight loss surgery support group once you have healed from the initial surgery. I know Kaiser here in Los Angeles offers ongoing WLS surgery support groups.

Good Luck!!

Hi all! Wow some new faces since I have been on. I had my 3 month followup visit with the doctor and exercise physiologist yesterday. I'm donw 41 lbs. I have lost more lean than I should have, so I have to add a second Protein Shake in each day & add in some resistance/strenght training. Other than that everything was good.

I lost 1 inche off my neck, 1.5 off my bicep, .75 off my wrist, 1.5 off my chest, 2 off my right thigh, 10 off my hips, 5 off my waist, 1.5 off my right calf.

They were happy with my cardio exercise.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Katie713. thank you for your advise & support. I am in Canada, and yes I am doing the pre-op diet. I am on day 4 and down 10lbs already. I know, a lot of Water weight but hey, its still 10 off my goal of 175 LOL! I am seeing a councillor now for the grief councelling and I will ask about WLS support groups too. Great advice :) , thank so much for your input!

Raven21....Hey nice to meet ya!

Oh goodness, don't I know it with the knees and the huffing and puffing. I used to live in a 3 level townhome and honestly, at almost 280 pounds last year and for many years, I struggled!!! I finally decided to do something proactive for ME.

I am over 80 pounds lighter on my feet and can I tell you? My knees don't hurt ANYMORE! I don't huff and puff walking up stairs. I can walk for miles, and I can even jog. No more big girl stores....it is just amazing and I am extremely happy I had this surgery!

So you go girl! You have a lot to look forward to! Have faith in your ability to change!

Aloha Oahu Firewater......are you back? How are you doing? Drop me a note when you can. I am only here two more weeks and would love to meet you.

Queen of Crop

www.queenofcrop.com/about

Aloha Oahu Firewater.....are you on Oahu? We have been on the Big Island for the last 10 years, are leaving TONIGHT for Honolulu for the month of Sept and then we are immigrating to Amsterdam Oct 1. Would love to Ameet you if you are on Oahu. I went into surgery at the same weight you are and I am now 144! If you want to meet before or after your surgery, just let me know! Our condo is downtown near China town. My blog is www.queenofcrop.com and you can contact me through that. A hui hou! QofC

Aloha! I am back! I'd love to meet up with you!!!! I am feeling so good if I didn't have the stitches I'd wonder if Mexico took my money and left my stomach! lol

That's GREAT news!!!! Good for you. Anytime can work for me. I am downtown...where are you? If you want to come here, I'll make you one of my good Protein smoothies.< /p>

QofC

Aloha! I am back! I'd love to meet up with you!!!! I am feeling so good if I didn't have the stitches I'd wonder if Mexico took my money and left my stomach! lol

I had my surgery on Friday. Got home on Monday. I am still on Clear Liquids for a bit. Here is my email oahufirewater@gmail.com look forward to hearing from you

I am 6 weeks out of my sleeve surgery today and doing great. had a visit with my Dr here at home and he thinks I am doing well too. Had to get back on metformin for diabetes but he thinks it will help me to lose weight without stalling every few days. We will see. I am doing 25 pounds, wearing clothes that I could not get on 6 weeks ago and really starting to notice the difference in my body. I too, wish I had done this many years ago but I am thankful that I finally did this for ME. I am learning to eat regular food now and that is going OK. Patience is the key :) Good luck to all of you that are on this journey! It is never too late to put yourself first!

Hi all. Happy Monday! I am now down over 50 lbs WooHoo! All of my clothes are pretty much hanging on me. (Even the too small ones from the back of my closet). Going to have to break down and buy new clothes soon.

Hi all. Happy Monday! I am now down over 50 lbs WooHoo! All of my clothes are pretty much hanging on me. (Even the too small ones from the back of my closet). Going to have to break down and buy new clothes soon.

Congratulations, New Hope! Way to go!

Checking in with the Fabulous 50's...I'm really happy today. I hit the 70 pound loss mark. 40 pounds to go. Surgery was May 3. I had to go out and buy new clothes this weekend because I have a couple of week long business trips coming up in colder climates and there is nothing in my closet that fit! My most recent NSV is that I can now fit in Chico's clothing! And not even their largest size! The sales associate had to keep bringing me smaller sizes. It felt awesome. And, bonus, This was the Outlet store that had tons of sales!!!

Congratulations all on your weight losses! I'm glad to see this site is moving again, I was beginning to think you all went away. I am so looking forward to my upcoming surgery on Oct 22nd :wub: I just can't wait to get my sleeve and start losing!

Aloha Debin AZ: Wow not only are we about the same height and the same weight when I went into surgery but our surgery dates are almost the same too...(but one year apart!). You're in for such a great year!

QofC

Aloha Debin AZ: Wow not only are we about the same height and the same weight when I went into surgery but our surgery dates are almost the same too...(but one year apart!). You're in for such a great year!

QofC

Hi QC, we have spoken before! it was back in June of this year when you welcomed me to this site, matter of fact you were the first to welcome me. I was so depressed because my band had eroded and the Dr. couldn't do the sleeve. Soooooo in less than a month I will go back and try it again!, I'm so excited that its finally my turn.

Not only are our stats the same as far as ht & wt but I think we are the same age. I say I am 5'4" but I too am just barely under 5'4". When was your surgical date?