Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mini Donuts - Eggface Rocks!

I just made the mini donuts recipe from Eggface and they are awesome! It's nice to find something perfectly proportioned that addresses my desire for something sweet and doesn't start the carb monster! They are so nifty I even took a picture.

The recipe makes 24 glazed servings and I figured that they are:

65 calories each

3 g Protein

4 g carbs

4 g fat

1 g Fiber

And really cute to boot! :D

post-3330-13813656318898_thumb.jpg

Cool! I :heart: eggface and all of her recipes!

Where did you find the mini-donut pan? And could you make them in a mini muffin pan and get similar results (do you think?)

is she not the bomb or what???? It is amazing with her love of food that she has been so successful!

I found the mini donut pan on Amazon but I think you could use the mini muffin pan and it should work! I decorated half of them and put the other half in the freezer... my fiance loves them! He also loves the egg bites and the ricotta bake. I like the Peanut Butter muffins in the morning... Her website has helped me feel like I can still eat cakey things without all the carbs.

I also make her edamame and lentil salad all the time! I can only eat a small amount but it makes me feel as good as it tastes.

Yay Eggface and yay my sleeve! I loves it!

I made the ricotta bake last night, as I'm still on mushies. YUM! What a nice change of pace! I can't wait to try the egg bites. Assuming I should be on solids first for that.

I thought those looked good too, thanks for trying the recipe out and letting us know. I bought a mini muffin tin, and have been looking at the mini donut tin....

I have owned a mini donut pan for YEARS and have never used it! I think i found it at a garage sale years ago and just thought it was so darn cute. I am loving that I now have a use for it. :)

I have been experimenting with recipes for my mini muffin tin.... I make a chocolate chip cookie muffin that is good. They are still around 91 calories each, but reduced glycemic index, high Fiber and some Protein. This is a working recipe, so kind of a work in progress....one really hits the spot with morning coffee and an egg when your out a way from surgery.

chocolate chips 1/4 cup (you could replace with SF chocolate chunked up)

1/4 cup walnuts

coconut flour 2 Tablespoons

ww flour 1/3 cup

besan flour 1/2 cup (chickpea flour, could use soy flour or navy bean flour)

soy isolate 2 scoops (=1 serving...you could easily add more for more protein)

i egg

1/4 cup toranni white chocolate SF + enough Water to make a batter

1/8th cup oil ( I use half flax seed oil and half canola- you could leave it out and replace with applesauce for less calories)

vanilla

mix dry, mix wet, add together and mix till a thick batter (add more Water a tablespoon at a time if too thick)

spray mini muffin or donut tin, scoop by the tablespoon into 12 portions until dough is used up. Bake at 350 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown on top and sides. refrigerate or freeze.

You could also add Fiber if you need more fiber, but these do have quite a bit of fiber already.

total batch of 12

1,095 calories (91 each)

70 fat (5.8 each if you add the oil)

79 carbs (before taking out fiber grams which I haven't figured out exactly yet... 6.5 each)

50 Protein (4.1 each- unless you double the soy isolate)