Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

it is the 1st of October....lol.... misspoke! @@blackbeautywaiting, I think any little thing works. If you're not able to go out and walk/run put your mapmyfitness on and clean your whole house. The best workout ever:) and you have a clean house.

I can't help with the workout buddy thing. I like working out alone because that way if someone switch-up and don't want to go... it doesn't force me to change my mind because my workout buddy isn't working out. Lately, most of my workouts have been with my trainer and I go to the gym twice a week to get in major cardio. I sometimes do this 5mil walk outside also. On the 4th of October, I signed up for the Run or Dye. It is a 5k and people throwing dye at each other. Something silly but fun to get me out there working out.

I am almost six months out (Oct. 14) and I can say I loss like 3-5lbs a month too. But that's okay I plan to stay on the program. I know one of my problems is that 35 calorie smart popcorn. My sleeve lets me eat a much as I want... not good!

August 8th - Miles: 8 CW: 165
August 15th - Miles: 7 CW: 163.8
August 22nd - Miles: 5 CW: 161.4
August 29nd - Miles: 5 CW: 160.8
Sept. 5th - Miles: 5 CW: 159.8
Sept. 12th - Miles: 5 CW: 158.2
Sept 19th - Miles: 5 CW: 157.4
Sept 26th - Miles: 5 CW: 158.6 (TOM weight added ughhhhhhh) :angry:
October 1st - Miles: CW:

First, I haven't been doing alot of walking because of the rain going on...I know youre saying go to the gym....but I hate the gym with a passion...but I do realize I'm going to need to do that because of this issue I have encountered this week with rain all week...I hate walking/running when its wet outside...ewwww....next sorry AA men but also weight gained this week because of TOM...but anyway...I need some motivation people...Wish i had someone to work out with me...my kids are no help...they dont wanna walk/run with me...Im not losing like I planned...my plan is kind of smaller than others...as you see in my progress I'm only losing about 5 lbs a month...i know I wasnt as heavy as others buuuuutttttttttt because of my height my bmi is high as you can see on my ticker...and about this challenge I think it has helped me a great deal to at least be accountable....i had actually started working and walking/running more because of this challenge and I thank the one who started it....you have helped me a great deal....when is the last day for this is it the 1st of Oct of the 31st

I like working out alone too but I was thinking if I had someone besides my kids with me that would keep me going but you're right because I did have a friend who had convinced me to join the gym before and only went with me once soooo that didnt help at all....I just can't do a trainer I be got mad with them and cursed them out or start to avoid them when I think they are just doing to much for me...I was the same way in the military...(I stayed in front leaning rest position)I didnt think of that with mapmyfitness...thatll work too...guess I was only thinking it would work outside :huh: :blink: silly me

it is the 1st of October....lol.... misspoke! @@blackbeautywaiting, I think any little thing works. If you're not able to go out and walk/run put your mapmyfitness on and clean your whole house. The best workout ever:) and you have a clean house.

I can't help with the workout buddy thing. I like working out alone because that way if someone switch-up and don't want to go... it doesn't force me to change my mind because my workout buddy isn't working out. Lately, most of my workouts have been with my trainer and I go to the gym twice a week to get in major cardio. I sometimes do this 5mil walk outside also. On the 4th of October, I signed up for the Run or Dye. It is a 5k and people throwing dye at each other. Something silly but fun to get me out there working out.

I am almost six months out (Oct. 14) and I can say I loss like 3-5lbs a month too. But that's okay I plan to stay on the program. I know one of my problems is that 35 calorie smart popcorn. My sleeve lets me eat a much as I want... not good!

Not literally cursing but I curse my trainer out all of the time. He told me he like it because he know the workout is challenging to me if I'm cursing him out...lol. Yes, I love the mapmyfitness. You're so ahead of me... I am working on the running thing. My endurance and breathing sucks. And gym working out tricks you to think you are working out more than you are. I need to get outdoors and test my body.

I like working out alone too but I was thinking if I had someone besides my kids with me that would keep me going but you're right because I did have a friend who had convinced me to join the gym before and only went with me once soooo that didnt help at all....I just can't do a trainer I be got mad with them and cursed them out or start to avoid them when I think they are just doing to much for me...I was the same way in the military...(I stayed in front leaning rest position)I didnt think of that with mapmyfitness...thatll work too...guess I was only thinking it would work outside :huh: :blink: silly me

@@Ria1202

Dont leave the group...there is NEVER goin to be a group without positives/negatives!! I think you are a great inspiration and motivator!! Keep motivating and keep doin what you do!!! I will post my info for the challenge when i get to a scale tonight

@@Ria1202

Dont leave the group...there is NEVER goin to be a group without positives/negatives!! I think you are a great inspiration and motivator!! Keep motivating and keep doin what you do!!! I will post my info for the challenge when i get to a scale tonight

It is not about posting for the challenge. To me it is more about encouragement to us all! I think most (if their last result was to have the surgery) have had enough of the negativity. I come to this group and other groups for positive reinforcement and support. I just think it is unfortunate because some people don't get what they want they complain and create conflict where none should exist. We all needed change in the way we think, eat, exercise and so on.... so anything encouraging change should be welcoming.

@@Ria1202

Edited by Ria1202

I dont see alot of African American women losing hair....i was banded in 2005 and sleeved in 2014 NEVER had any Hair loss nor did the AA coworkers, family or friends who were weight loss patients....my gf she had alot of thinning ( superbad) and she is AA but she didnt take Biotin didnt get her Protein in and she is prob 4 years out with gastric and she is 100 lbs lighter but hardly any hair

Well I had a lot of breakage and lost with the band, and i am gonna do all that I can to prevent it from happening with the sleeve. I also have had a lot of damage to my hair from being locked. But I'm am getting in my kale and other fruits, vegetables, vitimans and biotin. Cause I ain't got time for the hair to have issues during this wonderful process.

I am interested in learning more bout the challenge.

Hello @@aloudwhisper

It ends this coming Tuesday

Hello @@aloudwhisper

It ends this coming Tuesday

Oh ok, but can I gather some info regarding the challenge

Sure, but what information would you like? Can you elaborate on what exactly you would like to know?

Sure, but what information would you like? Can you elaborate on what exactly you would like to know?

Okay, today was the final day for me to reach my goals of 100 miles and down to 200lbs. No dice on either fronts - close but not there! It is okay because it is really all about changing my old ways into new ways; working to make myself better and making wiser decision when it comes to food and exercise ---- I am doing all of those things. Plus 17lbs in 2mos is pretty good. No complaints.... Just on to my next goal of 180lbs!

Target: 100 miles SW: 219
GW: 200 Total Loss: 17lbs Remaining: 2lbs Total Miles: 84.82 Remaining to reach Goal: 15.18
August 8th - Miles: 4 CW: 215
August 15th - Miles: 9 CW: 213
August 22nd - Miles: 12.1 CW: 214
August 29nd - Miles: 10.93 CW: 213
Sept. 5th - Miles: 12.61 CW: 209
Sept. 12th - Miles: 12.97 CW:207

Sept. 19th - Miles: 3.81 CW: 207 (really 208 - gained a lb - don't know how because I eat nowhere near 3,000 calories)

Sept. 26th - Miles: 8.82 CW: 204

Sept. 30th - Miles: 10.58 CW: 202

@@aloudwhisper, I didn't realize you are from Maryland as well. Did you have your surgery at St. Agnes Hospital in Baltimore? They have a great support group on Monday and every other Monday.