Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Hi everyone I am 7 days post op as of today, vsg was done on 8/25. Im feeling alot better today, it no longer hurts when I get out of bed and I can sleep on my side again. I am rwally still having trouble getting my required amount of Water down any suggestions on getting my water in would greatly be appreciated. 15.2 pounds downs since surgery.

@@transformation14 it is normal to struggle to get liquids, Protein or anything in the beginning. My only suggestions are to get a camelback and continue to sip. It will get better day-by-day.

Hi everyone I am 7 days post op as of today, vsg was done on 8/25. Im feeling alot better today, it no longer hurts when I get out of bed and I can sleep on my side again. I am rwally still having trouble getting my required amount of Water down any suggestions on getting my water in would greatly be appreciated. 15.2 pounds downs since surgery.

@@transformation14 it is normal to struggle to get liquids, Protein or anything in the beginning. My only suggestions are to get a camelback and continue to sip. It will get better day-by-day.

I'very been hearing about hair lost, has anyone experienced this after surgery?

From my understanding it does happen. For me so far so good. I am 5 months out and nothing major.

So for the last two weeks I have been complaining about the scale not moving really. But I must say over the weekend the scale moved in a major way. When I clocked in Friday to report the miles I walked. I recorded my weight at 213 but today I am happy to say my weight dropped to 209 over the weekend. That is a 4lb drop!!!!!!!!! Nine more lbs to go to reach my first goal of 200.

So for the last two weeks I have been complaining about the scale not moving really. But I must say over the weekend the scale moved in a major way. When I clocked in Friday to report the miles I walked. I recorded my weight at 213 but today I am happy to say my weight dropped to 209 over the weekend. That is a 4lb drop!!!!!!!!! Nine more lbs to go to reach my first goal of

Congrats. My scale has not moved in two weeks except for the days when the move is to add pounds. I will keep hope alive, because right now my happy meter with my results is at negative zero!

From my understanding it does happen. For me so far so good. I am 5 months out and nothing major.

Thanks

so much for the info, I am waiting my surgery date and looking into all the side affects and what to expect.

If it helps @@finediva my scale tense to go up before it goes down sometimes. And when that happens I loss big. Good luck and stay the course.

Congrats. My scale has not moved in two weeks except for the days when the move is to add pounds. I will keep hope alive, because right now my happy meter with my results is at negative zero!

If it helps @@finediva my scale tense to go up before it goes down sometimes. And when that happens I loss big. Good luck and stay the course.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm doing the best I know how, but nothing is happing for over two weeks. It's kinda scary, but I'm in it for the long hall. No other choice. My stomach is gone.

@ A. Stoot I actually had the opposite happen! My hair is thicker and longer than before. I did wear a wig to prevent manipulation on a regular basis. I only put heat on it literally only about 5 times in first 9 months if that. I'm not religious about any particular Vitamins either. I do take a sublingual hair skin and nail Vitamin on occasion, but I truly believe that the low manipulation has been the main reason for not losing a lot of hair. I have seen some shedding but nothing significant like clumps falling out regularly.

@AStoot, I believe everyone's experience will be different. .some experience no Hair loss some like me start with shedding and move on to continuous hair loss..I just cut mt hair very short ..and yes I am taking my Vitamins and getting my Protein in..but what was discovered in my last blood work results that my Iron levels are extremely low, and my Vitamin A&D were extremely low. .

@@back2barb78, I just read your signature line and OMG! You are doing fabulous!

@ A. Stoot I actually had the opposite happen! My hair is thicker and longer than before. I did wear a wig to prevent manipulation on a regular basis. I only put heat on it literally only about 5 times in first 9 months if that. I'm not religious about any particular Vitamins either. I do take a sublingual hair skin and nail Vitamin on occasion, but I truly believe that the low manipulation has been the main reason for not losing a lot of hair. I have seen some shedding but nothing significant like clumps falling out regularly.

@a stoot

I have never had any hair loss!! I wasbanded in 2005 and band to sleeve in 2014....no hairshedding no hair loss!! So there is hope, we are all diff so I cant really say if you will or not!! My hairis past my shoulders and thick for the past two years i have been natural and I only put heat on it occasionally...I wear my hair in a pony tail...i take msm pills and Biotin 7500 mg every day i also get 60 plus Protein everyday!! Good luck

Has anyone had the shamrock Protein Drink 30g of Protein.< /p>

I've never heard of it but I'm definitely going to look for it! It has 30 grams of protein like Premier! I'm looking to shop around because Premier is a little too sweet for me

Edited by waitingtoexhale