Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

You poop in the morning? Lucky you :)

And... we are back to poop. LOL!

I have been working out hard but it's been 4 days since the scale moved. When it did move it was only .2. I think my muscles are swollen and I need to give them a rest. Or do I keep going with the hope in knowing I'm following the program and the weight will eventually come off? One positive I'm losing inches. I really want to reach 200 before October 1.

I have been working out hard but it's been 4 days since the scale moved. When it did move it was only .2. I think my muscles are swollen and I need to give them a rest. Or do I keep going with the hope in knowing I'm following the program and the weight will eventually come off? One positive I'm losing inches. I really want to reach 200 before October 1.

Any time you work out harder or change up your routine you can expect your body to go through an adjustment period where the scale just sits there like a malevolent jerk just mocking you. I would say try tweaking your food intake. Maybe less carbs, or more carbs, or 100 more calories or more Water. Not all at once, obvi. Try something like more calories for a week and see if it makes a difference. For me, once I went into beast mode at the gym the calorie boost helped a ton.

Surgery went well except my blood pressure was doing its own thing. Not too much pain other than the astronomical gas pain in my chest that wants to hang on for a while. Lord willing I can go home tomorrow as long as the gas and extreme nausea subside. Thanks for all the well wishes. Will keep you all posted.

I'm 9 days post-op. I'm doing well. I didn't have any complications from the surgery, and I'm no longer in any pain. I can't wait to start working out.

Hi @@twinmommiesrock, I just wanted to come and say congratulations on your surgery. I can confirm it only gets better from here. Welcome to the losers bench!

Surgery went well except my blood pressure was doing its own thing. Not too much pain other than the astronomical gas pain in my chest that wants to hang on for a while. Lord willing I can go home tomorrow as long as the gas and extreme nausea subside. Thanks for all the well wishes. Will keep you all posted.

Hi @@keish_lorraine, congratulations on your surgery and welcome to the losers bench!

I'm 9 days post-op. I'm doing well. I didn't have any complications from the surgery, and I'm no longer in any pain. I can't wait to start working out.

Hi All,

So today is another day with no loss. I have also recognized that sometimes I am grazing. I am still not in taking a lot of calories but I do believe I am eating more and can eat more. I am still trying to stay in the 800 calories range until I reach my goal weight. So, my activities since the 16th (the last day I noticed a loss ---.2)

16th - Stairmaster 25mins & Treadmill 40mins.

17th - Walked across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge 1hr/45mins

18th - PreCor 50mins (like the elliptical)

19th - Strength training with trainer 1hr

20th - Office Field Day for Fundraiser (tug-a-war, race and warm up exercises)

21st - Trainer again today

I think my body needs a break.

So, my fear has come true with weight training and training with a trainer in general. As you can see as of this morning, I have gained 1lb. All week my weight hasn't moved and now a gain of a 1lb. I don't know about you all but I don't like seeing my weight go up for anything. I am now reconsidering working with my trainer and going back to my cardio. This week I have worked hard. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - I have worked out - first break yesterday. And not just working out to say I did but putting it all on the table workouts.

I can also say the more aggressively I worked out the hunger I became. But my food intake has not exceeded 800 calories so I am not eating enough food to gain a lb. I will continue the course and follow the program but I may reconsider the trainer thing.

Target: 100 miles SW: 219

GW: 200 Total Loss: 5lbs Remaining: 14lbs Total Miles: 25.1 Remaining to reach Goal: 75.9

August 8th - Miles: 4 :( CW: 215

August 15th - Miles: 9 CW: 213

August 22nd - Miles: 12.1 CW: 214 :angry:

August 29nd - Miles: CW:

Sept. 5th - Miles: CW:

Sept. 12th - Miles: CW:

Sept 19th - Miles: CW:

Sept 26th - Miles: CW:

October 1st - Miles: CW:

Edited by Ria1202

Target: 100 miles

CW: 193 GW: 180

August 8th - Miles: 3 CW: 192

August 15th - Miles: 3 CW: 192

August 22nd - Miles: 2 CW: 190

Sept 19th - Miles: CW:

Sept 26th - Miles: CW:

October 1st - Miles: CW:

Can't get a rhythm for this walking deal. I am happy the scale moved down though. Trying to at least maintain a decent diet.

Ria, take your measurements while you are weight training. Dollars to doughnuts that you lose inches in your bust/waist/hips/arms/etc while using weights.

If it makes you feel better, I gain 4-5 lbs of Water every damn month because of my period.

So, my fear has come true with weight training and training with a trainer in general. As you can see as of this morning, I have gained 1lb. All week my weight hasn't moved and now a gain of a 1lb. I don't know about you all but I don't like see my weight go up for anything. I am now reconsidering working with my training and going back to my cardio. This week I have worked hard. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - I have worked out - first break yesterday. And not just working out to say I did but putting it all on the table workouts.

I can also say the more I aggressively workout the hunger I become. But my food intake has not exceeded 800 calories so I am not eating enough food to gain a lb. I will continue the course and follow the program but I may reconsider the trainer thing.

GW: 200 Total Loss: 5lbs Remaining: 14lbs Total Miles: 25.1 Remaining to reach Goal: 75.9

It is possible you have gained 1b muscle which is very good.

Edited by Galaxy Girl

So, my fear has come true with weight training and training with a trainer in general. As you can see as of this morning, I have gained 1lb. All week my weight hasn't moved and now a gain of a 1lb. I don't know about you all but I don't like see my weight go up for anything. I am now reconsidering working with my training and going back to my cardio. This week I have worked hard. Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday - I have worked out - first break yesterday. And not just working out to say I did but putting it all on the table workouts.

I can also say the more I aggressively workout the hunger I become. But my food intake has not exceeded 800 calories so I am not eating enough food to gain a lb. I will continue the course and follow the program but I may reconsider the trainer thing.

It is possible you have gained 1b muscle which is very good.

Is it possible that you are not taking in enough calories? 800 seems really low and could be the reason why you are not losing. I don't weigh so stalls and small fluctuations won't/don't bother me.

Hello ladies, am new to this forum. I will have my surgery 8/28/14. Looking forward to your support and knowledge!

It doesn't make me feel better because I don't want that for you either! I will do measurements today!

Ria, take your measurements while you are weight training. Dollars to doughnuts that you lose inches in your bust/waist/hips/arms/etc while using weights.

If it makes you feel better, I gain 4-5 lbs of Water every damn month because of my period.