Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

You all are so far past me, I can't wait to start working out like I did in the Army. Trying to get that 21 year old me back lol. I got the call today my surgery date is August 19th so I'm on my way.

Congratulations!! It goes by so fast, seriously. Take lots of pictures through the process!

:)

Edited by back2barb78

So, my walking numbers so far this week are low. I really just figured out away to calculate the miles walked when on the Stairmaster. I downloaded an app to my Iphone last night. But so far without including my stairmaster exercise and my time with the trainer - I have only walked 3 miles this week and I did that all last night. I am going to work on picking that up some tonight (some). Today is my day off from exercising but I plan to do a walk around my neighborhood (nothing major - just a leisure walk). It is still my goal to reach the 100 miles by October 1.

I am also thinking I will probably reach my 200lbs mark before October 1.... out my mouth and into God's ears. Once I do my driver's license will then be accurate weight wise but I need to update that picture.

Today was my 1st day with a trainer. Man O' man was it hard... I absolutely sucked. I've paid for two weeks already so I'm going to see. And this was the basics.

WEEK 1 CHALLENGE

LOST -3 LBS

4.20 MILES Completed

Greatest obstacles, lost a godmother this week so my excercise has not been consistent this week.

WEEK 1 CHALLENGE LOST -3 LBS 4.20 MILES Completed Greatest obstacles, lost a godmother this week so my excercise has not been consistent this week.

Sorry about your godmother.

Target: 100 miles

CW: 193 GW: 180

August 8th - Miles: 3 CW: 192

August 15th - Miles: CW:

August 22nd - Miles: CW:

August 29nd - Miles: CW:

Sept. 5th - Miles: CW:

Sept. 12th - Miles: CW:

Sept 19th - Miles: CW:

Sept 26th - Miles: CW:

October 1st - Miles: CW:

I'm hitting a stall so I'm trying to stay patient and ride this out.

Edited by New1

August 8th - Miles: 8. CW: 165

The only obstacle or problem I had this week was my sore tired aching feet...I feel like I have blisters on my feet mostly my heels

Good morning all,

One more day until the challenge begin. If you are trying to increase your weight loss - come on and joining in. It should be fun but challenging. Something to assist us all in making us stay accountable. It really important to me because my scale is stuck at 220!

Is it too late to get in on the challenge?? I am usually very good at keeping track of all my weight, miles, etc. through MyFitnessPal...so if allowed, I can play catch-up!!

Sorry I am late posting Challengers. It has been a busy day here at work.... thank you JESUS it is Friday!

Okay, let's get to it!

SW: 219 GW: 200

August 8th - Miles: 4 :( CW: 215

First, I want to start with the positives and work my way down: (1) This week I am going to meet my goal for the number of days working out. I worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and I am going today (4 days this week) - and a strong possibility I will workout Sunday; (2) I started a trainer this week. I worked out with him on Tuesday (I did bad but the goal is to get better) and I am working out with him again today. (Yay Fitness ;) ). Also, I am really excited about seeing my shape come back in (I can see my collar bone, my waistline going in, my clothes are smaller and my shoes are smaller).

Okay, not so positive - I only walked a recorded 4 miles this week. I did do the stairmaster but I did not know how to record the miles walked. I fixed that I downloaded an app to the my iphone. So, hopefully next week my miles will be better.

Now about my co-challengers.... you gals and now guy are the boom.... Yay us for being accountable!

@@msfitn2014, even with your loss... you did a fabulous job this week. You are just awesome for dealing with the loss of your grandmother (BTW sorry to hear this and my prayers are with you and your family) you pushed through. I don't know about you but that's when (in the past) my emotional eating would kick in. I am so happy you are part of this challenge with me! And girl... I see your post on myfitnesspal - you are getting it in!

@@New1, regardless of your stall you did a great job this week. Just keep pushing yourself through. If you haven't already join the group on myfitnesspal. I am tmcgee1202 - send a invite and I will accept. It will allow you to see the progress of everyone through the week. Great Job!

@@blackbeautywaiting, 8 MILES - Get it girl! If blisters make you walk 8 Miles give me some blisters! Inspiration, motivation and positive reinforcement of being accountable... you did that!

@BryBros, welcome! You are never too late :) . Join us on myfitnesspal. My name is tmcgee1202!

I hope everyone have a great weekend!!!! Until next week :D 11.11 miles... yay us!

So, my walking numbers so far this week are low. I really just figured out away to calculate the miles walked when on the Stairmaster. I downloaded an app to my Iphone last night. But so far without including my stairmaster exercise and my time with the trainer - I have only walked 3 miles this week and I did that all last night. I am going to work on picking that up some tonight (some). Today is my day off from exercising but I plan to do a walk around my neighborhood (nothing major - just a leisure walk). It is still my goal to reach the 100 miles by October 1.

I am also thinking I will probably reach my 200lbs mark before October 1.... out my mouth and into God's ears. Once I do my driver's license will then be accurate weight wise but I need to update that picture.

Sorry I am late posting Challengers. It has been a busy day here at work.... thank you JESUS it is Friday!

Okay, let's get to it!

SW: 219 GW: 200

August 8th - Miles: 4 :( CW: 215

First, I want to start with the positives and work my way down: (1) This week I am going to meet my goal for the number of days working out. I worked out Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and I am going today (4 days this week) - and a strong possibility I will workout Sunday; (2) I started a trainer this week. I worked out with him on Tuesday (I did bad but the goal is to get better) and I am working out with him again today. (Yay Fitness ;) ). Also, I am really excited about seeing my shape come back in (I can see my collar bone, my waistline going in, my clothes are smaller and my shoes are smaller).

Okay, not so positive - I only walked a recorded 4 miles this week. I did do the stairmaster but I did not know how to record the miles walked. I fixed that I downloaded an app to the my iphone. So, hopefully next week my miles will be better.

Now about my co-challengers.... you gals and now guy are the boom.... Yay us for being accountable!

@@msfitn2014, even with your loss... you did a fabulous job this week. You are just awesome for dealing with the loss of your grandmother (BTW sorry to hear this and my prayers are with you and your family) you pushed through. I don't know about you but that's when (in the past) my emotional eating would kick in. I am so happy you are part of this challenge with me! And girl... I see your post on myfitnesspal - you are getting it in!

@@New1, regardless of your stall you did a great job this week. Just keep pushing yourself through. If you haven't already join the group on myfitnesspal. I am tmcgee1202 - send a invite and I will accept. It will allow you to see the progress of everyone through the week. Great Job!

@@blackbeautywaiting, 8 MILES - Get it girl! If blisters make you walk 8 Miles give me some blisters! Inspiration, motivation and positive reinforcement of being accountable... you did that!

@BryBros, welcome! You are never too late :) . Join us on myfitnesspal. My name is tmcgee1202!

I hope everyone have a great weekend!!!! Until next week :D 11.11 miles... yay us!

Ok so I have another obstacle/problem...I'm not losing anymore weight I've heard of most people going through the 3-4 week stall but I'm almost at 7 weeks and I've only lost about 17lbs...I just started really walkn for exercise this past week that's all I've been doing besides squats...cant really afford the gym right now...can anyone offer any other suggestions food wise I eat like the 4 oz of whatever I want to eat basically...I'm supposed to be on soft foods but everything I eat is basically soft so I don't knw what it is I'm doing wrong

Thanks for the encouragement!

Ok so I have another obstacle/problem...I'm not losing anymore weight I've heard of most people going through the 3-4 week stall but I'm almost at 7 weeks and I've only lost about 17lbs...I just started really walkn for exercise this past week that's all I've been doing besides squats...cant really afford the gym right now...can anyone offer any other suggestions food wise I eat like the 4 oz of whatever I want to eat basically...I'm supposed to be on soft foods but everything I eat is basically soft so I don't knw what it is I'm doing wrong

Just keep doing what you're doing. I was just telling my husband about how frustrated I was when I had my surgery and stalled at 3 weeks, 8 weeks, and periodically throughout the first year. I ended up losing 100lbs in the first year.

I'm trying to encourage you but me too because I'm hitting my second stall since giving birth 7 weeks ago and I still have another 50 lbs to go. Stay strong.

Increase your workout... Walk longer and a little faster, add a little running in it (run 1 minute walk 2 and continue to repeat), increase your Protein and drink a little Water. I went through my stall at 7 weeks too. It's okay it will pick back up.

Can I join?! :-) Just signed up today but I've been lurking for a while, been in the thinking stage and am now actively pursuing insurance approval. So it's time to come out of hiding!

I'm 42, 5'11, and 300 lbs. I'd like to get to 165ish. Maybe 175. Weight problem started in my mid-20s and I reached my highest in 2009 (330). I'd gotten down to 260 last year but yeahhhh. I have autoimmune disorders and the extra weight has become a real issue for my joints. It's gotta go. My doctors are fully supportive and my insurance requirements are very straightforward, so we expect all that's between me and surgery is the medically-supervised 90 day diet rule. Have my 60 day check in appointment on the 15th and my first surgical clinic session on the 18th. Exciting stuff!

Luck and good to all!