Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

African American Sleevers

Hello All

I had a hard time getting my approval sent in for some reason the office I went to had too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Went in today for nurse education class and last visit with my surgeon, explained my issues. He got up walked out came back said I was approved and the hold up will be dealt with. He wasn't happy how all the different stories I was given about my paperwork being sent to my insurance company. Sooo he asked if I wanted to have surgery tomorrow. Uggg yes yes yes. But not really I have to inform my honey and my help. So he's pushing for next week. For the first time my schedule is holding up progress. Lol. Sorry for the babbling but I'm soooooo excited. I started this process in April , stared actually dieting in June down 18 pounds and ready to rock.

Thanks LadyPullings

Hi ladies! AA from Chicago. Thanks to you, so many questions that I've had have been answered on this forum! I've been through my 6 month process of dietician and nutritionist experts that my insurance NALC CIGNA PPO require, I've had my psych eval, now I'm waiting on approval! I was wondering if anyone knows how about how long is the insurance approval take after it's been submitted with this particular insurance?

I know nothing about Cigna, but I am from Chicago too! You might try the insurance forum down the page. There are usually quite a few posts about Cigna.

Thank you!

I've been at a stand still in my weight loss for the past 4 days can someone tell me why this is I'm 2wks post op still no exercise yet

Good morning all,

One more day until the challenge begin. If you are trying to increase your weight loss - come on and joining in. It should be fun but challenging. Something to assist us all in making us stay accountable. It really important to me because my scale is stuck at 220!

I've been at a stand still in my weight loss for the past 4 days can someone tell me why this is I'm 2wks post op still no exercise yet

This happens ALL THE TIME. The big myth is that everyone thinks the weight is going to fall off consistently. Not so much. I had a 12 day stall two weeks after my surgery. Basically your body is all like "hold up, what?!" But the weight will begin to come off again. Just follow the plan!

Edited by Forsythia

Thks and what's the challenge id love to join

[quote=sqzbly1908">

Edited by New1

Good morning Challengers,

Today is the big day - we start our challenge. I hope everyone is successful and achieves their goals but most of all I hope we as a group can hold one another accountable and be supportive to each other in achieving our goal.

Target: 100 miles

CW: 219 GW: 200

August 8th - Miles: CW:

August 15th - Miles: CW:

August 22nd - Miles: CW:

August 29nd - Miles: CW:

Sept. 5th - Miles: CW:

Sept. 12th - Miles: CW:

Sept 19th - Miles: CW:

Sept 26th - Miles: CW:

October 1st - Miles: CW:

Good morning my losers benchers,

First, I was wondering how everyone is doing and how they managed to stay on track this weekend.

Secondly, I wanted to see if anyone is up for a challenge. In other weight loss groups, I know members from time to time did challenges to help keep each other accountable. So, I was wondering if one here would be willing to do a challenge with me. The rules of the challenge:

1. Set the Challenge and time frame for the group
  2. On day one of the challenge, each individual reports (1) weight, and (2) weight loss goal.
  3. Weekly the group report in with the following:
    • Weight
    • Where you are with the challenge
    • Your food intake
    • Obstacles/concerns

• General thoughts
    • Questions
  4. The members of the challenge provide positive feedback (only helpful - no negativity is allowed)
  5. At the end of the challenge, we report our final weigh-in
  6. if you don't reach the goal it is fine. The object of the challenges is to push ourselves a little more than normal.
  7. progress pictures are welcomed

So,the challenge that I want to set is walking 100 miles. The challenge will last from August 1 - October 1(that's approximately 9 weeks and that's walking 11.11 miles a week). For all that agree we will report in every Friday on the above starting date of August 1.

I am in:

Weight: 221

Goal: 200 (lose 21lbs)

Edited by Ria1202

Thks and what's the challenge id love to join

See below.

Target: 100 miles

CW: 193

GW: 180

August 8th - Miles: CW:

August 15th - Miles: CW:

August 22nd - Miles: CW:

August 29nd - Miles: CW:

Sept. 5th - Miles: CW:

Sept. 12th - Miles: CW:

Sept 19th - Miles: CW:

Sept 26th - Miles: CW:

October 1st - Miles: CW:

Sorry if my posts act up. I'm posting from my phone and it is always acting crazy.

Target: 100 miles CW: 193 GW: 180 August 8th - Miles: CW: August 15th - Miles: CW: August 22nd - Miles: CW: August 29nd - Miles: CW: Sept. 5th - Miles: CW: Sept. 12th - Miles: CW: Sept 19th - Miles: CW: Sept 26th - Miles: CW: October 1st - Miles: CW: Sorry if my posts act up. I'm posting from my phone and it is always acting crazy.

I would love to join!!!