Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Sleevers?

Received final approval from insurance co (Aetna) Met with Dr Schmidt, he is planning a minimum 2 days hospital stay as I live 100 miles from Hackensack Hosp. Also having Hiatial Hernia repaired at same time, trying to get my head in the right place for the extra pain associated with the repair. Surgery Jan 10th. Merry Christmas to all

Hi!

I am hopefully having mine in mid January....Waiting on approval! I hope everything goes well for everyone!

Happy Holidays!

I'm getting sleeved January 5th by Dr. David Le at Kaiser SSF. I am very excited and nervous. Can't wait.

Hi all, merry xmas to u all, i am having my sleeve on the 11th of jan, this will be the 3rd attempt, hopefully it will happen because i think i will go crazy if they cancel again, anyway good luck to all of you and hope to catch up with you all in the new year

Who are you having your surgery with?

Priscilla

I am on a military installation, and will be having it here

January 3rd is my date!!! I hope my doctors/nurses still don't have hangovers :)

I go for pre-admission testing tomorrow 12/27 and it's snowing like crazy but I am NOT missing that appointment.

I am looking forward to 2011 to the the year I take control and start making choices that support my greatest good!!:rolleyes:

I Get Sleeved On January 17 In Texas. Dr. Kim Is My Surgeon, I Am So Exited!!!. Is Anyone Else Due For Surgery The Same Day?

Hi January sleevers, looks like I'll be joining you! I just found out this morning that my surgery has been scheduled for Jan 4th! I'm so excited.

A little about me.... I am a 27 year old stay at home Mom and Wife. My son is 16 months old and has endless energy. I've been over 300lbs since high school. I reached my highest weight of 350 the day I had my son via c-section. I've been hovering around 320 ever since he was born. I've been heavy my whole life and I'm tired of being the biggest person in the room. I'm also really tired of breaking things like chairs and toilet seats =o( so embarrassing. I'm ready for this!

It's nice to meet you all, I'm glad we are all in the same boat together.

I have to have all my pre-op testing this week, but I'm not sure what to expect. Any ideas?

Nikki -- welcome!!! i haven't been around much, but this is such a cool list.

pre-op testing may be blood tests, talking to surgeon about what he or she is going to do, recovery, etc. do you go on the liquid diet immediately? i'm getting sleeved the 10th and i'm on liquids starting monday!

2011 is going to rock for us!!!

hi all! sorry i haven't been around much! my date is fast approaching (1/10) and i'm really starting to get nervous, like last meal this and last meal that. wasn't as good at christmas as i wanted to be (doughnuts, chocolate cake) but i guess it still wasn't as bad as it could have been. sigh.

anyone else out there getting the willies?????

gotta keep remembering that this is the beginning of a new life and that it's exciting, not just scary!!!!!

let's rock those sleeves!!!!

Me, I am scheduled for the 10th in Mexico. I have had my moments, and they do continue. I was reminded that sometimes there are complications by another person who posted. Still, I have to remind myself what everyone on this forum has said in many different ways. This is a wonderful tool to help improve my health & welbeing. Yes, I too have found myself feeling as tho this is my last time I can enjoy this food or that, but I try to remind myself that it may also be te last time I get on the scale and fret that I have not been able to control my food intake without help.

hi all! sorry i haven't been around much! my date is fast approaching (1/10) and i'm really starting to get nervous, like last meal this and last meal that. wasn't as good at christmas as i wanted to be (doughnuts, chocolate cake) but i guess it still wasn't as bad as it could have been. sigh.

anyone else out there getting the willies?????

gotta keep remembering that this is the beginning of a new life and that it's exciting, not just scary!!!!!

let's rock those sleeves!!!!

No willies for me yet, I'm excited. But I have been on the liquid diet for about 6 hours and I'm dying to eat food... but it's ok, I can stick this out! I just wish my doctor's office would call to set up my pre-op testing... next tuesday is approaching rapidly!