Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Sleevers?

Hi There,

I am January 5th also with Doctor Corvala in Tijuana. Where are you going?

Liz

Hi Liz,

I am going to Dr. Aceves in Mexicali...

Denise B.

Oh I was hoping perhaps we were seeing the same doctor I hear yours is very good also. Lets keep in touch about progress and how we're doing. I am so excited and nervous. I have started cutting back on what I eat, trying to get ready. I have 70lbs (minimum) to loose.

For me, Monday, January 10, 2011 is my date.

I will be having the procedure done in the West Los Angeles Kaiser Permanente Medical center.

My surgeon is Dr. Benjamin Kim.

I have my pre-op appointment on December 28th with both Dr. Kim and the Anesthesiology Department Head, Dr. Mitchell Friedman. I assume that at that time, I will receive final instructions on when to start my pre-surgical liquid diet..

I started this whole process in May of 2010, attending an orientation. I spent July, August, and most of September doing the Options classes at the Panorama City Kaiser Medical Center.

After Options, test were ordered for me by the doctor.

I had two EKG's, an Ultrasound of my veins and lower extremities, a Echocardiogram, had to get additional medical clearances from the Nephrology and Cardiology Departments, and attend a class on Chronic Kidney Disease Care.

I have a 4 hour Cardiac Stress Test scheduled for mid December ... then I will be good to go.

Now the nervousness is beginning to set it...but I am in good spirits and looking forward to January 10th,

I wish I was able to have surgery in ths US. I still find it extremly hard to believe that insurance will not cover this. I am excited and frustrated all wrapped into one! I hope we all stay in touch and track eachothers progress. I am hoping to lose 100 pounds! I am ready for the surgery and the work that comes with it!!!

Denise B.

Hoping to be in January as well. All of my forms were sent yesterday to the insurace company! Seems like I have had so many hoops for the insurance company already. Hop an New Year and a new life!

I just saw on the doctors tv show, a doctor in Newport Beach, CA, named Dr. Quebbemann that is doing the sleeve only making one incision.

http://scarlessweightloss.com/

I am hoping to be sleeved in Jan. My choice of doc is still up in the air. If my insurance comes throught here at home then I will be using Dr. Sonnanstine in georgetown Ky. If I have to be a self pay I am going to go to Dr. Kelly in Mexico. He sounds like the best choice for me at a very good price. Either way I know I can't wait much longer. I had my lap band removed in August and have gained about 10 pounds already in addition to the extra weight I gained during the last year when I was having problems with my band. Overall I am about 30pounds from my lowest weight and going into this holiday season I am so depressed and can't wait for my sleeve.

This list is growing that is great! I hope we are all able to provide support to each other as we prepare for surgery and after! 2011 is going to be a great year for all of us! It's December already.... what comes next...January! I have surgery in 35 days - Jan 6th is my date! I will be leaving for Mexico in 34 days, cannot wait to get out of this cold Minnesota weather for a while - even if it's to have surgery. I am currently at 230lbs - lost almost 9 lbs in November by low carbing and eating more Protein. I am not a big Water drinker and have been trying to get in 50-60 oz a day. I know I will need to get at least that after surgery.

SO 230 lb wonder where I will be at this time next year? I would like to lose 70 more pounds.... I think I can do it. I am 5'7"

kim

This list is growing that is great! I hope we are all able to provide support to each other as we prepare for surgery and after! 2011 is going to be a great year for all of us! It's December already.... what comes next...January! I have surgery in 35 days - Jan 6th is my date! I will be leaving for Mexico in 34 days, cannot wait to get out of this cold Minnesota weather for a while - even if it's to have surgery. I am currently at 230lbs - lost almost 9 lbs in November by low carbing and eating more Protein. I am not a big Water drinker and have been trying to get in 50-60 oz a day. I know I will need to get at least that after surgery.

SO 230 lb wonder where I will be at this time next year? I would like to lose 70 more pounds.... I think I can do it. I am 5'7"

kim

I'm sure you can do it! We need to post pics at one year.

Lets make sure we have updates on this thread... it would be nice to see how others are doing from the same time frame.

Hi all,

I have a tentative surgery date of January 7th with Dr. Aceves. I submitted my preop paperwork, and am just waiting to hear back if I am a "go" for surgery. I am really excited! After 10+ years of losing and regaining the same 20 lbs., and spending $$$$$ on weight loss pills & supplements, exercise videos & equipment, gym memberships, etc. and never getting below 200 lbs., I finally concluded I will never get back to a healthy size without surgery. I had never heard of VSG until I started researching lap band (which is the procedure I initially thought I'd go for), and quickly decided after seeing a lot of horror stories about lap band that VSG is the better surgery for me. My family still has some misgivings about me having the procedure in Mexico, but I can't find anyone who has had anything but a positive experience with Dr. Aceves. My husband is coming with me so he can see for himself what good care I'm going to get. rolleyes.gif

I finally got my referral to the surgeon from Kaiser. I have a pre - op appt on January 4th with a probable date for surgery for January 18th ! So excited.

I finally got my referral to the surgeon from Kaiser. I have a pre - op appt on January 4th with a probable date for surgery for January 18th ! So excited.

Same date as me!

Yay!!! I got my surgery date today!!!! January 11th is the big day for me,, with Dr. Ahuja in Herrin, Illinois. I am so excited!!!

Jaala (pronounced Jayla)