Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any January Sleevers?

I have 2 nights in hospital and 2 nights at hotel. Surgery on Thursday Jan 6th and fly home the following Monday Jan 10th. I booked an aisle seat so I can get up and stand and move a bit. I have talked tonquite q few people who have flown 3 to 4 days after surgery and none had problems. I just want to be done and back home to recover. Only 28 days to go!

uote name='ohmmm' timestamp='1291772358' post='97609']

Hey there,

I am also 5'7" and about 228 or so, I had lost 9 lbs, but then gained about 3 back. I am working out, but the holiday treats are getting me. Good luck with your surgery. I was wondering how that works with flying after the surgery, I decided to do January and not December because we are flying around Christmas. I also want to be in my own home afterward and not family, so that was another reason why I decided to wait. How long after the surgery will you fly home?

Me too. Thursday, January 6, Kaiser South San Francisco--The first day of the rest of my life. You know, for months I knew it was going to happen but now that I have an actual date, it's all much more real- like it's really going to happen.

Hi All,

I am having my op in 11th January,

I have started with my diet so i can get use to the liquids.

New to all of this and would like to be able to communicate with anyone.

Hey Everyone!

Wow the time is going so fast!!! Well I am getting everything ready for surgery...

1) I had a complete physical with my PCP.

2) I have all my Protein shakes, crystal light and Vitamins ready to go.

3) I am going on 10 days of no smoking! I am so proud of myself. I stopped cold turkey and I am doing great with it.

4) Airline tickets, rental car and hotel are all booked.

I am ready to go!!

Hi Everyone!

Just found out I will be getting my sleeve on January 24th! I will be on a high Protein, low carb diet from now until then but it will be worth it. My surgeon wants me to lose 10% of my body weight by my surgery date. It won't be easy but I know I can do it. Good luck to all the rest of you January sleevers!

I have been approved by Cigna and scheduled for 01/17/10 / Yeah. We will have to all stay in touch. since we will be on approximately the same time frame. I start liquid diet on 01/03/10 . I am so ready to get on with this.

Hey All-

I am schedule for my sleeve on January 20, 2011. I am so excited and nervous at the same time. I am getting really nervous about doing the 2 week pre-op liquid diet. I sure hope I can make that. I guess since I was able to give up my soda's I will be able to stick with the 2 week liquid diet. I am thankful that my husband is going to be a great support for me during this time. I love the fact I am having my sleeve in January it mean so much to me... A new year and my birthday is in January as well and this will be the start to my new life. I wish all of you January Sleevers the best of luck.

I got my date the other day! It will be January 10, 2011. It still doesn't seem real. I feel like something will happen between now and then to prevent it from happening.

I'm so excited to see other 1/10-ers!!!! actually cool to see all the january babies. i can't believe it's 26 days 'til my surgery and so much of that is taken up with holidays that it will be here sooner than i can imagine!!!!!!!

i can't remember if we can pm on this site, but any 1/10 folks pm me and we can all keep in touch!!!!!!!

we're going to rock those sleeves in 2011!!!!!

I am January 13 as well. Confirmed my flight and the butterflies started! But I know this is the best thing for me. You know how on the Biggest Loser they keep talking about "living their life?" Well, without this surgery I'm just going to lay in a recliner eating junk until I die.

So looking forward to a new me!

Brand new to this site... My surgery is Jan. 26th! Emotional mess!! Excited, nervous, scared, happy. Looking forward to having off from work ;)

Hi everyone,

What a way to start the new year!!! Am so excited about my future I am sure you are also. My surgery is scheduled for January 17, with Dr David Kim. My last history and physical will be Dec 28th and my pre-op on January 4th. That's when I start my liquid diet. I feel blessed that United Healthcare is paying for the surgery. I wish all of you good luck, and I hope that we reach our goals in the time we want to. I can finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Merry Christmas to all.

Hi Y'all

I haven't been scheduled for my surgery yet but hoping to be a January sleever!! I have my last required BEND class tomorrow (3 classes required by my insurance) and then all paperwork will be submitted for approval. I am so excited and nervous at the same time! Keeping my fingers crossed for a January date.

Merry Christmas and a HEALTHY 2011!!